(TR) Mosquito Setup Help

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Amnoon, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Amnoon

Hi guys! i have decided to start to cert in my vehicles and i want to start with the mosquito. I really wonder what weapons to get, above all in the missiles slot. i have tried all of them and i know that every one have his role but i wonder what is the most used or the best all rounded missiles launcher. maybe the coyote? And what is the best anti infantry way to go?
  2. Dead soldier

Wanna farm infantry in a mossie?
    Banshee+ afterburner is cheap and fun and effective.
    Banshee cost 100 certs and afterburner is free. Get racer and flares and you'll be getting rage tells calling you a farmer in no time!

But All around, I like the rotary's TTK and the rocketpods for more ammo. It is very expensive but the most versatile. Get thermals for both, reload for rocketpods, and mag size for rotary. Needler is also good but lacks TTK but gives more ammo.
  3. IamnotAmazing

aa: needler/ afterburner pods
    mixed: needler/rocketpods
    ai: banshee/coyotes(or rocketpods if you want to also do some armor damage)

for the rest of the mossie hover is mandatory as the stock mosquito vertical thrust is utter garbage
    nanite auto repair is still the best option as none of the other choices provide a significant advantage
    lastly fire suppression is the obvious choice for aa, flares are still an option if you find you self getting focus fired by more than 3 lockons, but fire suppression is still a very good a2g choice

if you have any questions just ask

the ttk difference is like, nothing, and the dropoff is just too bad, other than that I agree
    • Up x 1
  4. Amnoon

Um so the coyote is useless for anti infantry? I know that the hellfire is better but i want something usefull against air too and i thought that coyote maybe is good for this mix.
  5. IamnotAmazing

the coyotes are ok against infantry, hellfires are better against infantry though. Hellfires are the only option for kiling tanks and sundies so keep that in mind.

The use of the needler was to do anti air so if you don't feel comfortable using the nose guns yet coyotes are your best bet

so an all around setup would be banshee/coyotes
  6. GoyoElGringo

That's not an all around setup, it's just AI/AA. Hands-down, the best all around set is needler/hellfires, or maybe rotary/hellfires(depending on preference).

If we are talking about surviving alone in the air, then my advice is to avoid 1v1s with good pilots. Fly smart and stay near the warpgate or over friendly AA. For that reason, I recommend running with fuel pods and sticking to either ganking ESFs and libs with the needler or rotary, or attacking infantry with a banshee(I also highly recommend thermal optics for the banshee, as well as at least 1 mag size upgrade). Your goal is basically to stay alive until the cooldown timer is over and resources have replenished.

Others have stated that coyotes level the playing field, but in my experience, it's not that simple. If you are getting into 1v1s with good pilots, they are still going to tear you up, and they often don't fly alone, so their buddy might finish you off. Getting that kill isn't worth it if you're probably going to die.

Of course, everything changes if you are playing with a wingman that has your back.
  7. IamnotAmazing

so it doesn't do av, the only reason I suggested that is he didn't seem very comfortable using a nosegun for a2a, perhaps i'm wrong but that's kinda what he seemed to imply, especially if he's a new player
  8. Dead soldier

Oops, on my scythe I recently switched over because I'm just more familiar with it and I can 1 clip people fast :)
  9. GoyoElGringo

I figured as much, but I just thought I'd point out that's it's not a true "all around" loadout, to avoid confusion.

Speaking of aim, I think some time working on his nosegun aim in the VR trainer would be well spent. I recommend that everyone do that if they are serious about flying an ESF.
  10. Silus

As a Skyguard, one thing that I've noticed helps in ESF survival is Fire Suppression, so look into that.

Also, get REAL good at evasive maneuvers. If you can't dodge and juke, you're gonna be flak fodder.
  11. IamnotAmazing

I wouldn't. That does absolutley nothing for your aim, you're shooting still targets, nobody's truly still on live,. you'd be better off just playing the game
    • Up x 1
  12. GoyoElGringo

I don't know how much time you've spent in the VR trainer, but there are plenty of moving targets in there. Every time I go into it there are multiple ESFs ready to dogfight.
  13. IamnotAmazing

oh thought you meant just the still esfs on the ground