TR Miller keep holding Indar

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JeffBeefjaw, Mar 29, 2013.

1. KarMaSk89

Yea conz is fine atm we are stil recruiting and stuff but other outfits on nc are saying they are having 5-10 people o line on primetime.
  2. JOups

Indar is having the most heavy fights since ... since.... a looong time. Seeing VANU and NC Outfits attacking side by side is just impressiv. Next since when was Miller that full again? Yesterday evening at Primetime we had on every continent nearly same pops for a while. There were fights all over auraxis. I think this Event of TRAM just brought back a lot of meaning to this game.

And since when were so many Outfits like WASP, CONZ, BMC; FU, BRTD; DIG, FOG; FOC, DIEM, DWG, Druckwellen, (noit sure of tag) and many many others. And I´m sure, there wont be lots of ghostcaps after this. I´m sure. (lots of hate and stuff you know, even getting flamed and insulted ingame, thats a bit over the top)

When do we had such a desprate war?
    When do we had a meaning to fight for on Indar?
    When was the last time on Indar of such a clash of "Titans of Planetside 2 history"
    I tell you brothers and Sisters, we are a community which is about giving this game a Traget.
    What we want are fights, and now we have them.
    This event moved something on Indar!
    Dont let it be hate. Let it be the will to force your enemys to their knees.
    Let it be the will to be the supirior faction.
    LET IT BE THE WILL TO WIN OVER ALL OTHERS.
    Let it be the battle of Auraxis.

_________

Btw im not sure why it should kill the game if someone hold a worthless benefit, i think indar is based on prestige, nothing else.
    • Up x 2
  3. Hovis

The thing with the TR is that their whole ethos and faction design really lends itself to a big outfit approach. It's natural for a TR to want to be in a huge mob of players, feels good. The NC and VS don't have that sort of unified spirit hardwired into their factions. I think subconsciously that is a factor to the TR willingness to mob up and follow instructions.

The NC problem from what I've seen is linked to the fact that it is -really- hard to keep people playing if they don't have the level of emotional investment in the game that the old players had/have. Hell I quit PS2 for a month or two already and I played the first PS continuously for years. It is a hard game to stick with.

This is not helped by Indar. It's a bad map. There are great swathes of that map that people just don't want to be on, and there are a handful of bases on it that are just so impractical to attack that it's ridiculous. I mean I was all for getting rid of the ability for a Galaxy to spawn troops, it was never a good idea. But if you're going to take away something as game changing as a flying spawn machine you've got to look at the maps afterwards and consider the effect on difficult/inaccessible bases.

When the lattice system comes in it has got to be backed up on Indar with a far more navigable road system (Americh and Esamir actually seem to be okay).
  4. AquaKiller

A month ago TR guys were saying to VS that having entire faction on Scarred Mesa and defending a continent that way isnt an achievement at all. Now the same TR guys are bragging about how they're repelling 'combined' NC and VS forces.
    • Up x 1
  5. maxkeiser

it's far, far easier to defend the last two/three hexes than it is too attack them. It means you can focus all your efforts.
  6. pnkdth

Sad part is we're losing VS players to the other factions, just the other day a guy in the outfit mentioned two of his friends went TR instead of VS. Many outfit struggles to maintain numbers, and when things get low it doesn't help to see 24-27% VS versus 37-38% TR/NC. Noticed a bit of resentment across outfits because of this as well, due to, some more openly than others, are trying to recruit people from other outfits.

While you are foolish scum who deserve to die horribly(plasma + TR = tasty bacon), I see the same kind of spark VS once had. Also, isn't it awesome to have people come seek you out to remove the cont bonus? Adds a bit of desperation, imagine this cont bonus actually having more of an impact. Hm, hm, hm, I smell a potential meta here.

Oh well, time to feed my fish children.
  7. fdykn

I don`t understand all those bad feelings and insulting chat in the forums and in the game about the spec ops done by tr to capture indar. yes we did it in the middle of the night and yes we had a major pop advantage but i think espacially on miller there is no other chance to caputure indar. this has nothing to do with cowardliness.

we will lose the contlock sooner or later and after that indar will be crowncamping all over again. enjoy the massive fights, thats pure essence of what ps2 is about. the coodinated air and ground attacks by vs and nc. tr doing everything to hold the ground. I've never seen a similar intensive battlefeeling before, not once since i play ps2.

so, the only thing i see out there fighting me are other soldiers, fighting for their country and their cause. no bad feelings, insults or provocations from my side.
    good fight NC and VS, see you at the battlefield.

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  8. JTKirk

That ghost cap took all the fun out of the game. Its 26% VS and 39% TR atm, thats 50% more TR online than VS. So the only playable continent for VS is Indar. And Indar is 666 TR standing on the same spot spamming lockons and stuff, great fun... As VS we cant do anything to end this cause its about the NC taking care of the high ground near the warpgate.

And the TR are even bragging about their glorious ghost cap and their megazergdefense, i dont get it.
  9. JOups

you right its kinda sad that VS losing pop all over, but do you think its because they are "to bad balanced" im not quite sure about that, but maybe its that way
  10. Zitroxious

well done nc.. how braindead do you have to be
  11. JOups

what they´ve done?
  12. AltF4Fun

Not manny people are manly enough to wear spandex.Jokes aside,I think its simply a matter of flawed design and colour of vanu.For example the purple.Its simply a fact that for most males thats simply not an appealing colour.Also the spandex,was there really no other way to make them more alienlike.I would start revamping it with some green colour.This game is simply no starcraft,where balance matters the most.You will never achieve balance in that game,without making it a generic fps shooter.
  13. pnkdth

Not sure, but I can't really think of anything that makes you go "Woah!" with VS anymore. Once upon a time the magrider was a sexy beast but between the oversaturation of lock ons, phoenix launchers, and AV turrets, the ability to dodge rockets is pretty much impossible. Magburner has suffered a similiar fate, as using it offensively makes you a huge targets and defensively it is extremely situational. I never ever leave the warpgate without IR smoke. Then there is the Scythe but, honestly, the ESFs are so similiar now they're just reskins(ok, ok, pilots, I know that 0.12% turnrate makes a HUGE difference and so on so forth).

I am pretty certain if they added more segmented armour plates and "spikey" armour bits more sci-fi people would go for VS too. Right now though... I am glad this isn't a third person shooter. :p
  14. Acer

nerf the Tr they are OP aparently this is what your bragging about?
  15. JOups

Well i agree with you that the Tanks suck . All of them . A "food"zerg is too strong , even against air . They have to buff them again ! They have to kill the **** out of inf zergs. But so They have to upgraded bases . Have a look at the first link in my signature .
    It might be a solution .
  16. Being@RT

Several times today I felt like NC could have won the battle for Spec Ops if not for the magriders and vanu sunderers rolling into our left side. It's bad enough to have the strikers in front and the prowlers on the right.

There simply isn't enough room for two factions' ground troops to attack at same time. Not shooting each other would help, but that's not going to happen.. especially on a 2x weekend.

That said, the fights have for the most part been fun on all three continents lately.
    • Up x 1
  17. IMTasty

It is pretty awesome, and it was in the back of our heads as the cap was done. Before this indar has just felt very stale for a long time. Atleast now there is an objective to it, something to fight for. The last time we had this was when the VS had gotten hold of Indar before GU2 and was in the same position as we are now. Since that cap was neutralized all Indar has been about is a bit back and forth fighting, crown farm and bio-lab farms. But nothing of consequence happening, most TR outfits that I know about even abandoned it. :s

Personally though I am still primarily fighting on Esamir/Amerish, but that's because I am not the biggest fan of the huge massive fights. But lots of people love it, so I hope they are having lots of fun. :)

The VS population right now is bad and has been for a while. And it sounds to my mainly like a design issue. Personally when I started playing in beta and played all 3 factions I remember the VS armor and weapon design was a big turn off for me, alongside the fact that the weapon sounds like toys, the Max even squeeks like a chewing toy when walking as I discovered yesterday on my alt.

That said what they had going for them was their vehicles, both design wise and fighting wise. I was in love with the Scythe and Mag in the beta, but infantry wise it just didn't feel right the way the weapons looked and sounded. And i think that has a much bigger influence on who people play as than a little nerf here and there or lore/theme.

I think that Max and Heavy composite armor looks good though, the stuff they add. I really think they could've used more actual armor and less spandex for VS troops, more sharp curves/edges and less plain flat spandex. And more slimmer looking and better sounding weapons. Playing VS it looks like I am holding a water gun and sounds weak. Had VS infantry and weapons been better designed I might actually have gone VS, or atleast played my VS character more. :p
  18. Hyperz

Man I hope Robert Stoneman is capturing footage of this for his next War Correspondent. The stuff going down on Indar right now is like the perfect PS2 advertising material :eek:.

Yes! Nerf the TR for being too organized and using tactics :rolleyes:. I don't understand why some people get their panties in a bunch over this. We're all here to have fun. Have some too. Let the positivity flow trough you.
  19. JeffBeefjaw

Crown time hehe :p
  20. JesNC

Nightcapping =/= spec ops.

And it's just that people started to gloat about it what induced all the forum hate. But it's gotten better tbh - a few years ago you could have counted on several pages worth of "lulz get a job/gf/whatever, noliferz!!!1"-comments.