TR MAX, which AI gun to get?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Zotamedu, May 27, 2013.

1. Zotamedu

I recently got a MAX bundle with a Mercy and the second Burster so now I've started playing MAX more. My AI setup is now one Mercy and one standard Heavy Cycler. So which gun is best now? I know they messed around with the guns a while back so is still Mercy the gun to use or should I buy something else?
  2. MaxDamage

That sounds like a good bundle.

Mercy is still king for accuracy in headshots and long range.
    Heavy Cycler is the worst arguably
    The Onslaught was buffed and is now devastating in close range,
    The Mutilator has huge clips and ammo reserves (not having to reload so often has obvious benefits) and I believe is marginally more efficient at range than the HC.

I enjoyed Mercy/Mutilator combination, but some good players are using Mercy/Onslaught (great at range and solid up close since the Onslaught buff) which I have not tried yet.

So basically anything is an upgrade from Heavy.
  3. Zotamedu

Yes it was really nice. The MAX is not very fun with only the free guns. After the double XP weekend I have extended mags for both bursters so now I can be a menace to air.

I didn't really consider the combination of two different guns. But if the Mercy is the most accurate, how bad is the bloom on the other two? I find myself doing a reasonable amount of medium (for a MAX) range combat. I try to avoid the hugging distance because of C4, bugged hit detection and so on. So I guess a second Mercy would fit my play style the best if it's the best at range.
  4. MGP

It's bad. And not just bloom but also damage dropoff. With Onslaughts you relly shouldn't expect kills outside of 20-30 meters range. I got Mercies and Onslaughts and using Onslaughts now, because they're the best for close range combat, and who the **** uses AI MAX in the large open areas anyway?
  5. Zotamedu

So far I have mainly used them within BIO labs but even there, I tend to try to stay back and provide cover rather than doing a head first crash since I'll most likely lose that one. I prefer keeping shotguns and C4 at arms length if possible.

Guess I should give the Onslaughs a run in VR and see how they feel compared to dual Mercies.
  6. Singed

Does anyone have experience with dual mutilators? They're so darn cheap, but at the same time I'd rather not waste 500 certs.
  7. Dreadnaught Wrex

I have auraxium with my mutilators and I have had them before the "mercy nerf". In their current state they are straight up the road. Onslaughts will beat them in DPS at point blank range but the CoF gets MAXed quicker so medium range is harder to do and the mutilators will out DPS them at that point. Mercies will hit more often and have a higher DPS at longer ranges. The massive mags on the mutilators makes them great for fighting other MAXes as you will never have to reload midfight. Plus with lockdown a bigger mag helps.

And for 250 certs, they are a steal.
  8. void666

For AI i've been using dual mutilators with extended mags. I can't say i'm impressed.
    But it's badass having so many bullets.
  9. Evil Monkey

If:

More hits on target = greater EFFECTIVE dps.

and

Longer range = more targets to shoot....

There is only one answer: Mercy
    • Up x 1
  10. EliteEskimo

I've been very satisfied with with the Mercies and love being able to to kill things at medium range with them. Even after the nerf I still enjoy them :cool:
    • Up x 1
  11. void666

Tried onslaught+mercy on a tower fight and got many easy kills at close range.
  12. Ronin Oni

Mercy is teh best

But... if you want cheap, whatever you can get for 250 certs to replace your AV/AA arm will be perfectly viable.

Like I know for VS the blueshiit is the best, but I bought a Cosmos (the worst I do believe) cause it was a dirt cheap 250 certs

Honestly, the "Worst" to "Best" in this game are not really all that much different. we're talking fractions better.

Only matters in straight up 1v1 vs equal skill... cause that happens a lot in this game :rolleyes:
  13. NaySayer

The Mercy shows no mercy!!
    • Up x 1
  14. Ixidron

Fractures are the best AI.
  15. rickampf

The mercys, its more accurate and if you anchor your max you dont want to be too close or exposed.
  16. MaxDamage

LOL.
    Enter a room with 4 angry NC infantry and you would be lucky to get one kill. IN A MAX SUIT.

If fractures are "our best AI", what does that make Hacksaws?

BAD TROLL IS BAD.
  17. Hypest

I bought the same boundle and the other mercy too. I do not regeret it. Mercies are still good. Managed to kill a good amount of ESFs too with the double mercies.