TR Max getting buffed?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Eclipson, Jun 25, 2013.

1. DashRendar

I remember something happening to the Mercy a good few months back when the NC Max received its first hammerblow. Was there anything more recent than that?
  2. DashRendar

Everything you said about the negative or unfun aspects of the TR Max are applicable to the NC Max as well, except that it's even less versatile and only useful for PvP. It can't clear rooms or push points or do much other than quickly kill an enemy infantry that's strayed too far from the pack and into your trap door. IMO, the NC Max currently is useful only for personal enjoyment, they are useless in the game meta without machineguns and I never see squads call for Max crashes post the initial nerf it got, then it got nerfed again.. and then the resource upcost.. yeah nobody is pulling NC Maxes strategically anymore, it's just a PvP powerup for personal enjoyment and getting useless unhelpful CoD kill streaks. They're just not worth the trouble to try and use strategically, they're not fitted to be helpful in a meaningful way.

Bottom line, something NEEDS TO BE DONE to fix the broken unfunctioning NC Max before the functioning TR Max becomes better at doing what it does. That's all I'm saying, and I'm not incorrect in that assumption.
  3. CptFirelord

I sincerely hope you're not ignorant enough to suggest that the TR receive buffs. LOL all we get are nerfs. Only "buffs" I've seen given out are for the VS.
  4. DashRendar

Just like TR to not realize a buff when they get one. Conversation over.
  5. Dragonblood

There were none.....Nc Max got nerfed twice and the TR just once.
    • Up x 2
  6. Anghammarad

How about clarifying whatever it was instead of flipping the proverbial table.

As to your question about recent nerfs; the bursters are going to be affected even less by Lockdown (and ZOE), making the Lockdown even more useless.
  7. DashRendar

Actually I already have, for anyone who has actually read the thread. Won't need to go repeating myself to people who don't want to read but just jump to conclusions.
  8. Anghammarad

Then I'll do it for you.
    You appear to be displeased with where the NC MAX is at currently, and believe that therefore the TR MAX shouldn't get a buff (Instead of calling for a re-design of the NC MAX, something I believe the devs are currently trying to do without taking away their shotguns).
    Your list of buffs was full of unrelated (to the MAX) points and your opinion about the addition of Lockdown (which nobody is pleased with) and the Fractures. Both have a counter example on the NC/VS side, and their mere existence isn't actually a buff.
  9. oherror

SO hes saying dont read it and ignore his post gotcha.
  10. Badname0192

Nah and actually it was all of the TR AI had some messed up change. It's now more ideal to equip an Onslaught than to put on a M3rcy due to the fact the M3rcy was dumped to 125 a shot and the Onslaught was at 125 already with a higher ROF.

M3rcy was the 143 damage per hit option and it wasn't in an area of outperforming. Now it's barely in the top ten of all AI weapons of all factions for MAX with a stack of NC and VS looking down on it and it's multi-barreled cousins...

Now the slower firing Mutilator is in the M3rcies place, yet it can't perform in the way the M3rcy did unfortunately without a higher level of Lockdown...

Then, with Lockdown, you're not performing anything anyways other than quickly becoming floor decoration these days as TR lol!
  11. CptFirelord

Actually all you've said is that you noticed the Mercies getting nerfed. You have yet to state a reason why we got a "buff" and what the "buff" was.
  12. DashRendar

Succinct my friend, that's all I'm saying. The VS ZOE Max is the best Max yes, but the NC Max is the worst Max. The TR doesn't need a buff just because it came in 2nd place. The TR Max has a booboo while the NC Max is bleeding out in the next room. Do I have to say it any differently? Also, what are these plans you speak of with the devs trying to improve the NC Max? I have heard of nothing, all I see is shotgun nerf after shotgun nerf, further taking away the ONLY thing we have to use in combat without giving us anything in return. It's actual madness.

Also, does the TR Max need a buff only to get up to ZOE level? So any non-ZOE VS Max will be even worse off without ZOE? Because even in its nerfed state, the TR Max out DPS and has better accuracy than the VS Max without ZOE. ZOE should not be used to balance the Maxes, though apparently it is... just nothing makes sense all around. If it gets buffed, it'll just create a larger gap between it and the non ZOE VS Max, further requiring the VS to cert ZOE just to perform adequately.
  13. Anghammarad

This isn't a zero-sum game. The devs can look into the TR MAX and the NC MAX at the same time.
    What I was speaking of is just my interpretation of the latest NC MAX nerf. The NC MAX was extremely good, and still is, at QCQ. So much in fact, that that niche seemed more like a hole the devs dug the NC MAX into. The latest nerf raised the affective range, but reduced the dmg for some of the NC MAX AI weapons, which (to me) looks like the devs are trying to make the MAX more flexible.

I have no idea why you're talking about balancing around the ZOE MAX.

Edit: I don't believe I stated my opinion regarding the OP. I think that, at most, the devs should remove the nerf on the Mercies. This should translate directly into better MAX vs MAX death ratio that Higby was talking about.
  14. DashRendar

Because the TR Max has better armament than the non ZOE VS Max in every area except damage per shot, reload time, and first shot CoF. Those aren't the important stats anyway, the TR will win every time in a contest of front loaded damage output. Here is an in depth comparison of the Mercy vs. Blueshift models. You can look up the others, which all follow the same trend, TR always airs on the side of better in performance.

Damage per shot:
    Mercy = 125
    Blueshift 143

Rate of Fire:
    Mercy - 426
    Blueshift - 366

Damage per second per arm: (calculated using the above RoF)
    Mercy - 887.5
    Blueshift - 872.3

Initial Cone of Fire Standing:
    Mercy = 1.25
    Blueshift = 1.15

Initial Cone of Fire Moving:
    Mercy = 1.75
    Blueshift = 1.65

Cone of Fire Bloom per shot fired:
    Mercy = .05
    Blueshift = .06

Mag capacity:
    Mercy = 50
    Blueshift = 40

Ammo pool:
    Mercy = 350
    Blueshift = 280

Reload times:
    Mercy = 2.6/3
    Blueshift = 2/2.7

Potential damage per reload:
    Mercy - 125 x 50 = 6250
    Blueshift - 143 x 40 = 5720

So it stands to reason that if the TR needs a buff because it's losing to VS Maxes, that it is because of the ZOE ability, and not that it is mechanically inferior to the VS Max. Agreed? Although if the TR Max vs non ZOE VS Max numbers are low then... I think we both know what the issue is there... that still wouldn't be grounds nor reason for a buff. Even the dedicated TR are rejecting the buff. I think a lot of players just need to be hit harder by the l2p bat like the rest of us.
  15. Anghammarad

Except that the TR MAX is underperforming compared to both the NC and the VS MAX, so says Higby.
  16. Dragonblood

The stats are near identical. VS more accuracy, TR more RoF.....it's the abilities that are not balanced........because lockdown sucks so hard. You don't even need to compare it with the other abilities to know that it's crap.
  17. DashRendar

If Lockdown is the only thing that is getting altered, then that's a little different. Although currently more TR carry and use Lockdown than NC carry and use Aegis, also according to Higby. So really it's the same story all over again from a slightly different angle, so again really I'm still right in having a reasonable concern over this. I guess we'll see how this plays out, kinda pointless to argue this before it happens.

The VS Max is only more accurate for the first 10 shots fired, after that the bloom turns the tables, so the TR Max wins on the grounds of sustained fire and putting more metal down range faster.
  18. Naithe

Well as far as I understood, according to stats TR max'es underperform "slightly".
    Other then that I think he had stats on loadouts, but they didn't show anything about how much lockdown was actually used.

I wouldn't be suprised, if they don't even know fully themselves, wether they should buff TR weapons, or their faction skill, most likely thats why he was so vague.

I wouldn't be surpriced if they are pouring over their data now, to get a better idea, on where the difference springs from.

Well i'm just crossing my fingers they scrap lockdown and give something else. I've said it many times before, and I'll say it again. giving up mobility in this game is such a huge disadvantage, that improving the ability to be "worth the risk" would require it to be border line op, especially once you get ALOT of support.
  19. Goretzu

His "stats" seem to be iffy at best - where he gets the idea from them (that were posted) that TR MAXs need to be buffed I have absolutely no idea.

The likelihood of 0.0 varience on MAX vs MAX K/D ratios, especially after just 1 week of data (post-latest NC AI MAX nerf) is tiny to start with, but when you consider that 1 week snapshot it's plain bonkers.

It's like looking at a road for 30 mins at 4am and deciding that it has no traffic using it.
  20. Dragonblood

I don't need stats to know the current TR Max is UP. While the base stats of the VS/TR Max are balanced, the abilities are not. Lockdown is such a useless crap.
    • Up x 2