TR Just Feel Broken

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BetaGuru, May 7, 2014.

1. vanu123

I said as a whole. I say the striker should be taken out entirely along with the other lockons and put something else in its place. The MCG is still a more deadly weapon than the lasher and is actually a fun and effective weapon. The Lynx, Carv, TMG-50, TAR, Cycler, Cougar, etc. are all good weapons
  2. david06

Have you used the striker before? You need to have a pilot that has no countermeasures and takes no evasive action to get all the missiles to hit. It's for killing stupid or greedy pilots and since you can't dumb-fire the grounder is a better choice.

A close range bullet-hose like the MCG would be great if there weren't shotguns in this game. Players can make it work but the CARV still gives you better results in nearly every situation.
    • Up x 2
  3. Gazatron

Yes
    Yes please reduce Vanu first shot multipliers. We are supposed to be the accuracy faction yet keeping you aim on target for ranged enemies is harder than a GodSAW and T9 Carv...and that's with a flare or an ursa.

NC got a look over last year. TR did now. Is it time for a VS rebalance? I've even heard it say in chat numerous times players saying VS weapons are useless. I disagree. The HV45 is my go to weapon for any situation just like the TAR.

So yea moderators,devs, it's a VS balance pass now. Give ZOE a charge up time just like lock down takes time to...lock...down. And please if I'm taking 30% extra damage at least allow me to deal out some ACTUALLY FLIPPING DAMAGE. Whoopie...12% more damage for 30% extra damage taken and we can't even strafe quickly anymore. It's like the mag rider. Yea you can strafe...and extra 4kph more with max rank RCC. There's a reason all the best mag pilots use racer over it...cos there's no damn reason to use rival. Mag burn I hear u say. Oh yes fantastic I can zoom directly at the vanguard that's kicking my ***, and if I turn to zoom away, HE REALLY WILL PUT HIS FOOT UP MY ***!!

Hmmm rant over.
  4. Thardus

Don't even joke about that. You can take my Lasher and my Lancer when you pry them from my cold, dead hands. Lancer can almost effortlessly hit any vehicle within render range with so much as a single pixel of armour exposed. Lasher is the only gun that can kill enemies you can't even see, and is able to fire for 30 seconds without stopping.
  5. KnightCole

MCG? Its kinda better then it used to be. Though I cant say I ever was a huge fan of it.

Its reiteration now sees it kinda better, as it can now be used as a MCG, firing endlessly cuz it has a MAX ADS bloom of 3. BUt that very accuracy makes it to limited. It seems to be kinda meh outside a few meters away.

Then teh wind up time still sucks. I run mine with ExMag over BRRT, but yeah. While its better, its still meh. Guess that makes it balanced? idk...

Striker? yeah, its useless pretty much...I have trialed it...I pull it out and start aiming at things....I try to dumbfire...I realize I cant use it on maxes, I cant use it to get cheap rocket kills, it doesnt do any worth while dmg...then I gotta lock it on and not die before firing all 5 rockets. Then those 5 rockets have ot actually hit...

Someone could write a BOOK on all the things wrong with the striker...

But if you forget about the Striker and MCG, I feel TR do just fine. I know on my TR HA I do pretty well. Atleast the TR have the CARV. T16, T32, TMG50...those are all pretty meh guns overall, all lacking something... Guess every nation has those types of guns though..ones you look at and go...ugh, meh.....do not want..

For NC its the Em1 and SAW-S....I seriously cant count on 3 fingers the number of times ive died to a SAW-S
  6. MGP

Well, if you didn't manage to break a LoS for a millisecond it's kinda your fault.
    More like, "oh, it's Striker, let me just pass behind this antennae to break your lock".
  7. soeguud

So liberators successfully invalidating any attempts at small squad level objective captures, just as planned?
  8. TriumphantJelly

Jackhammer is in a good place, MCG is on the road to recovery, lasher is, always has been and (most likely) always will be an EXTREMELY situational weapon.

Lancer is a useless plink gun when solo, but pretty brilliant when used in a competent squad. Pheonix is good (enough) against vehicles, but is pretty poor vs infantry (as it should be, the lancer is bad vs infantry and the striker can't even fire w/o lock on). Striker is good but in an "odd place".
  9. Clay

Well, you know, air has it that there is not alot in it to hide.. youre pretty much served on a silver plate
  10. OldMaster80

I think everyone agrees on this. Striker is just pure garbage, all those who bought it should be refunded if you manage to destroy anything with this is just mere question of luck.

All the rest is nonsense, we're not broken. And btw I use the MCG and that weapon is exactly where it should be.
  11. Fenrisk

I own all the TR rocket launchers and the striker is the biggest pile of garbage in the game right now. It's DPS is less then a grounder or annihilator, it's lock on mechanics are WORSE then a grounder or Annihilator, It's range is 200 meters less then the grounder or annihilator and it leaves you exposed to for longer then a grounder or annihilator. It's Alpha strike damage is completely negated by the horrible lock on mechanics the devs added to it in it's nerf. It's a waste of certs, a waste of station cash and a waste of time.

Higby must be one biased der if he thinks the striker isn't anything but complete and utter crap. It's a million miles from being on par with the Lancer or Phoenix. Phoenix's are common place with the NC with good reason. The lancer is one of them rockets which you don't notice till your tanks burning wreckasge from taking it in the butt. The striker? It's dead. None use's it over the grounder or Ann.
  12. Vixxing

Millisecond? it keeps lock through buildings-mountains for several seconds... (see that flashing green box?) its ALOT easier to kill an ESF with Striker than with Lancer (and takes no skill)
  13. DK22

I like my Striker, I have a Grounder too, but keep going back to the Striker.
    Positioning is different when using each, even though the Striker was nerf'd I got used to it.
    Its likely a personal thing, but it gets me more kills than the Grounder.
  14. OldCuban

A player who's main is a VS complaining that the TR is " broken " because they're too hard to play......PRICELESS!
  15. KnightCole

Dalton: 1000 certs
    Extended magazine: 100 certs

A player who's main is a VS complaining that the TR is " broken " because they're too hard to play......PRICELESS!

:D