TR, how about we get our **** together?

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by AdennTM, May 31, 2013.

1. AdennTM

Perhaps not so much get our **** together, but how about we revive the command channel again? It has been months since I have seen this in good use with the exception of an Esamir alert in which Bargus from Goon Brigade managed to get several squads/platoons/outfits to use it.

Ostekake willl sometimes attempt revive it as well but generally the command channel is dead and the outfits rarely coordinate (unless they are in TRAM). TRAM is good, but it seems that it's impossible to get in the whisper list (I have been trying for months but all I get is ignored so honestly, **** TRAM.)

Something so simple as typing where your platoon is going on command channel goes a long way so please squad/platoon/outfit leaders consider using this again.
  2. RedCat

TRAM is pretty **** yes, despite what people think.. no offense but it is. If you want outfits to work together and TR to work as a whole someone needs to step up and make it happen, I'm willing to if someone wants to help me.

x-post http://miller.auraxis.eu/index.php?topic=340.0
    • Up x 1
  3. REDRUM4K

Considering you have twice the numbers on any givven moment on Miller atm you did a great job in destroying the game and call it 'tactical superiority'. I used to have a lot of respect for sov brtd and goons but now you are just a non stop zerg show. That and your overpowered faction weaponry make you have one less soldier to worry about.
  4. }{ellKnight

Excuse you? When exactly did we (TR) start a marketing campaign encouraging people to jump ship? That's right, never, people did that on their own due to various factors. But sure, blame the TR outfits for 4th factioners because we have a total control over that, don't we?

SoV a zerg? What in the actual f**k are you on about?
  5. AdennTM

If you would ***** less and open your eyes you would see that indar population is usually locked. The problem is that when it's locked TR get our ***** handed usually by getting teamed by both factions and the outfits not communicating (Several outfits go to 1 front while other fronts get zerged without opposition).
  6. Pella

TR have the continent benefit.

Simple really, Who ever owns Indar. The other faction's try to take it away by only attacking that said faction.

And has nothing todo with /Leadership chat. Last time i checked there was a TRAM alliance thing going on. No idea what they are doing.
  7. IronWarrior

Would be nice to see command chat used a lot more but there are many 4th faction players/spies so any information shared there can easy be passed onto the enemy.

AdennTM I will try to speak to someone about you being included in the list.

Anyway, since this is a Miller TR topic, I have one last thing to say... More AA, as a faction we need to pull more Bursters and Strikers to shoot down anything that flies.
  8. AdennTM

Leadership chat is a useful tool just far too underused (You're one of the better outfits and for some reason you never use it either. Please tell me why :3). Simply saying your outfits movements can go a long way to help coordinate against the enemy.

Iron: Finally got it now.
    But either way it doesn't matter, it's a game if NC or VS do this then so be it. We should still use command channel.
  9. Pella

We mainly re-secure. Hardly ever attack. So we don't really pay attention to where the TR are going.

But your more than welcome to ask for backup from us anytime.
    • Up x 1
  10. AdennTM

Even then you just quickly saying where you are going to resecure would help a lot.
  11. RedCat

Excuse me? SoV is only 2 squads on an operation night (Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday).

<_<

Edit: Congratulations by the way, you are the first one to actually say something remotely bad about SoV.
  12. Pella

SoV smell.
  13. Dotz0r

Most outfits "big" or "small" field 2 squads it seems, it seems people mistake big/small with actual game-playing players, and not the actual "outfit member total" - which the term big/small outfit is applied.

If BRTD is "zerging" with two squads, wow i hate to imagine what your "view" was when you had "respect" for us when we used to roll with 120 online / 3 platoons online most nights.

Also, if TR - for example, has 40% cont pop, VS have 30, NC have 30 - with the constant double team its technically 60 VS 40. But on each VS/NC front, if you half the TR to fight on two front, that would be 20% each side. So, using math - NC 30 vs 20 TR / same on vs side. Because TR has more pop, in which is split between 3 conts usual (defense of esamir / indar / amerish) whereas the NC or VS can focus on one cont in a cohesive manner, only problem is - they don't. Vanu do well as a faction because they seem to have more choesive aims cont wise, for NC - i don't see so, but i could be wrong. TR may "zerg you" with numbers, but i can garuntee that somewhere else on the cont, a part of your faction is doing it to TR.

TR, yeah - may be over popped or whatever - but there's outfits that have been TR for the last 10 years, but apparently - according to your logic "ruining the game". Not TR's fault that NC/VS population is slowly dieing off.

On command channel -

BRTD does not use it because half of the "commands" are jibberish / poor mic (ingame voip) - Command chat is quite "booming" when people start speaking (and people always popping up is an annoyance so its just died off) and most people just turn off proxy / command etc etc. - Also some of the "commands" seem a waste of time "we are getting overrun, need back up here at <insert base>" we respond and its like 2 people getting attacked by a squad. (The dramas of having every man and his dog access to it)

Leader chat -

Have used it, however it can get quite the "chat box". Too many people on it - in my opinion it should be cont-specific and only available to people actually leading a squad / platoon of <insert size>. And like me, if you are leading you spend more time looking at the map - then some little chat box.

Also on that, nobody knows who is really leading - i believe the general population of TR believe there is some desktop general somewhere commanding it, many of time have i heard "esamir command, where do you want us?" and i am thinking "eh who is he talking about?" Then after some random [command chat] blah blah blah someone such as ostekake / bargus will take over and point people in the general direction but even their effort probably falls on death ears - outside of tram atleast. Due to people not having the voice chat enabled / mis-understanding and so and so forth.

However, outside of the TRAM "circle" - the "miniroity of TR that it is, tram is not known by the current "majority" of TR, whether they be 4th faction, 1 man clans or other-server outfits or whatever. So, basically when people like oste/bargus come on command chat - they must think "who is this guy?". "Who is this telling me where to go, i want to go to the crown"

Although its pretty sorted with TRAM, in leadership / command whoever is leading a TRAM op should be "reinforced" in the leader chat / command chat - so OTHER PEOPLE are aware he/she is someone to listen to - not some random guy "giving out orders". I know it should not be TRAM giving out all the "orders" but it just one of those things, at least they are trying. Credit where credit is due, its not easy to lead a platoon, nevermind a faction - but until i see a random step up and "take over" a continent / leader / command chat then we follow the people actually putting time and effort in.

For example

Dotz0r : Primary Eisa tech plant, Secondary - glacier station
    Mroutfitleader: Ok,
    MLGPRO : my outfit Going to balc drop eisa tech plant
    1manclanFtw : Ill get the gens down.
    BR100outfitplatoonleader : Good idea, so and so outfit going to.

Instead of

Dotz0r : Primary eisa tech plant, secondary - glacier
    Mroutfitleader : who the **** are you?
    MLGPRO : shut up noob #yoloswag
    1manclanftw : NO NO NO THE CROWN GOGOGOGO
    BR100outfitplatoonleader : My outfit wants to go against the NC!

Fair one, everyone should do that to be honest - but you will miss out or forget in the heat of the moment most of the time - on the otherhand people think "oh someone else will do it" and sometimes, it does not get done. Having outfits telling people what they are about to do - ESPECIALLY if they change their minds / fail then maybe TR can be more efficient.

I propose a list of sorts, the whos-who of "TR" leaders. Especially for the Non-tram outfits. :) (maybe sperate thread?)

oh, and ps - sorry for big post.

Outside of tram - /tells seem to suffice - many of times have i asked for "help" from pella, for his boys to come along. Outfit relations is everything. I would suggest that outfits play with each other more and get a better raport with each other.
  14. Naithe

I suppose its a compliment, you guys properly kicked his *** once too many and now he knows you. =)
  15. AdennTM

By Command Channel I mean /leader chat. The command VOIP I don't bother with it anymore.

But you good leaders all know who you are. All I truly want is people to give there positions and call out locations that is getting zerged without opposition.

In an hour and a half is an outfit ops. I'm eager to see if command will be at least slightly more active then usual.
  16. MajorZbug

Hi Adenn, I think the issue that triggered that little rage post against TRAM was sorted yesterday evening. As you saw, you just needed to ask. But anyway, it's sorted now. Still love you mate.

Dotzor summed up the issue with command chat. TRAM will usually focus on one continent, command chat spans all 3, command voice is even worse, I don't even use it. It's full of people that have 3 mens squads but a lot of ideas about strategy, and they are so vindicative in the way they express them, it's hilarious to watch/listen. I'd hate if that was my main tool to get organized faction wide. Long live TRAM just because of that.

Now about TRAM. I'm sorry if I burst the happy bubble for some people, but there's really 2 types of TRAM members. People who have access, but never use alliance comms (that's the HUGE majority of TRAM members), and keep doing their own thing as a result, and people who actively use alliance comms. Now it's not a private elite circle, all you need to do is get on alliance comms, and talk. It's really that easy. But when it comes to people who really work together in TRAM, it's down to 6-7 outfits tops.

If you (not you Adenn, you = anyone) complain about TRAM efficiency, without being on alliance comms on a regular basis, with all due respect ... the profanity filter won't like it. You get the point.

So that "fast response force" of people who actively communicate represents 2, maybe 3 platoons on a good evening, and it does wonders, but it's far from being that huge TRAM zerg people talk about. Especially because we split as much as we can. We organize to fight several battles at the same time, and when one of them goes bad because of superior hostile numbers, we call for backup and we get it really fast. That's all.

The rest the tag alongs who are never on alliance comms ? Not so much. THEY are the TRAM zerg, sitting in 80% TR bases waiting for easy cap points.

Mind you, everyone can do whatever they please, that's the whole point of it. But people who get all proud to be part of TRAM without actively participating ? Well, no guys. You need to step up. You're not really part of TRAM until regulary active people can identify you on alliance comms by your voice only.

Then a last word about TR efficiency. We have 38-40% world pop on evenings. As a result, triple lock. It's really not fun, nor difficult. If at some point it changes I look forward to the challenge, but at the moment, server wide, TRAM is mostly useless. Overkill even. Escalating fights and giving/receiving backup is great, and we have underpop or doubleteam situations sometimes that are really fun to play, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking all the TR should thank us for our great efficiency. That'd be dellusional to the extreme. The triple lock is the result of OCB staying up until 4am, and TR overpopulation, not TRAM.
  17. Flukeman62

Average TR grunt here to give my views.
    I think the fact that TR are boring is a big part of our "lethargic" views towards organised team play and big gatherings. I honestly feel it has become monotonous we need a big change for the TR something exiting and different to encourage us to get exited to become motivated. Then many of us will start to take interest in big organised events as we will be having fun. Also its a busy time of year for most. For example its exam time for young-lings.
  18. Dotz0r

Zbug pretty much summed it up, "TRAM" has a lot of outfits that are a part of tram - well..."associated", but do not actively participate. The main core seems to be GOON/BMC/DEIM/FDS (As in the outfits i see when i am online, could be more) and outfits that are pretty much "on the fringes" like us at BRTD and newly "joined" outfits which have half-arsed it. I would like to think the estimated manpower of TRAM (as in "regulars on cr6") would be around 8 squad worth?, if BRTD came onto cr6 your talking about 10ish - i am crap at math so, 10x12 = 120 men, continents are 666 per faction. So Tram (est) comes comes in around a quarter of a continents faction population allocation. 3 continents, there's enough room for 666 x 3 = 1998 people, apparently being over popped we should be exceeding / at least nearing the total numbers. But it just feels like the NC/VS are die-ing and TR is just staying populated almost to its max like it always has been. Anyways - i lost myself around this point. 1998 people, 120(est) is of TRAM - what the hell are the other 1878 people doing!. (Basically i know we will not have 1998 people online, but it puts into context that if the TR is over-popped but yet not even reaching its maximum allocation - then it truly shows how UNDER POPPED the NC/VS are.

When you put that into context with the TR faction as a whole.... we are quite small. But it does annoy me that any zerg / bad thing is directed at TRAM when the majority of the time it has no influence to what happened / capped or whatever. Back when TRAM was formed, its members were the backbone of TR, pretty much 80% of TR on miller. However nowadays since easter we are now the minority of TR, pop imbalance or not.
    • Up x 1
  19. MajorZbug

Agreed, although citing names is tricky. For example you forgot OCB which are also very active. That's why I didn't take the risk to make a list, people who are active or not already know it anyway.
  20. AdennTM

You are VERY mistaken. This isn't about TRAM. It isn't at all. I before never had access to CR6 so I wanted to use the /leader chat and try to get people to open their eyes and use it.

Now I will try to be on cr6 more often but I can't promise anything.