(TR) Help with Carabine attachments.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Amnoon, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Amnoon

I have been playing a lot with the Light Assault class with the standar Carabine but i don't know much about attachments. I have recently bought the Jaguar and i would like to know what attachments are the best for short and mid range.

My other question is related to the T5 AMC. It's more accurate than the standar one or they are pretty similar? What attachments should i buy to be effective at mid-long range with this carabine.

thanks for the help!
  2. Sandpants

T5 AMC is more accurate yeah. The damage doesn't warrant plinking at far targets though. It's good to burst mid range or so, and with a high capacity mag it shouldn't make you feel guilty.
  3. Riddlley

Jaguar for short range work. Attachments for the jag:
    Advanced laser sight, 1x scope or 2x at preference, (I think you can put a compensator on it.) Soft point rounds. This setup works fairly well. Can also go with extended mags I believe. If you like this weapon, consider the lynx. Its going to get buffed.

T5 AMC for mid range. Attachments: 2x, up to 3.4x at most. Throw a compensator or suppressor on it depending on preference. An advanced foregrip, and HV rounds are excellent too. Once certed, this is one of the easiest weapons to handle at range in the game.
  4. Cromell

For the Jag:

Soft Point Ammo (this makes your gun deal maximum damage at extended range)
    Scope of your preference (I'd say, HSNV or 1x reflex on this one)
    Laser sight if you like to hipfire a lot OR forward grip if you tend to aim down your sights more, even in close combat. Personally I'd recommend Laser.
    Suppressor when you want yourself to remain hidden, but otherwise no barrel attachement.

T5 AMC
    2x reflex, HSNV scope, or 4x scope depending on your preference and/or combat range
    Advanced Forward Grip - this one's a pretty big deal. AMC has slower rate of fire and heavily depends on users accuracy. Forward grip will allow you to maintain an accurate fire even at range, and will make those vital headshots easier to get.
    High Velocity Ammo can be useful, if you don't mind added vertical recoil, go for it, if you want to keep the weapon as steady as possible, skip it.
    Compensator will make the gun even more stable, but comes with too many disadvantages in my opinion (worse hipfire + you get detected at 80 m range). Up to you, but I would skip it.
    Suppressor - again, can be useful to stay undetected for a bit longer, but if you intend to fight at medium to long ranges, don't use it.
  5. Amnoon

Thanks for the help i will try it on the training area!
  6. Tommyp2006

Use advanced lazer on the jag, that's what I used all the way to auraxium. Run advanced grip on the T5, use it for longer range engagements. The T5 is a great gun to keep on you when playing rooftop LA. I frequently live long enough with it up there and get so many kills that I had to dump certs into ammunition belt so I didn't have to go back for ammo so much.