TR Harrasser Vulcan.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CephalopodNME, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Zipr

Luv the response Let me go pull my "OP" air to take out dis pitiful ground armor (We'll just dub it skills eh) Saving the certs on a harasser plus ya don't even need to wait for a gunner (btw) Before the first nerf the Vulcan also did some damage to air (Low grade air deterrent) Closer the better...

Think I'm about done w/ this subject Air always been OP Flash madness is kinda nuts Go to VR look at harasser gun options Purchase the best and invest the certs I really don't expect you to even need much practice to take out a TR harasser Really seems your madder about how some care to enjoy their game... Sounds sorta like boy I wish I saw more Cloakers knifing me in the back
  2. Botji

Even with the Starfall which is probably the best Flash hit and run weapon in the game you wont be killing any Harassers and definitely not one with a Vulcan. Unless they are damaged enough for you to instantly kill them ofc which is quite a low bar to set since you are basically just giving yourself the victory in that scenario.

"I drove up to them and shot them, they died."
    Is not how things usually happen, even if you try to be cheeky and shoot them and cloak guess what type of weapon is really effective at smoking out invisible stuff? One that fires a stream of bullets all over the place. Most drivers with even moderate skill/experience will just drive after you and ram you to death since a Flash is about as stealthy and hard to locate by sound as a mosquito flying around your room at night.

But if we are talking overwhelming force then Flashes with the shotgun works surprisingly well against Harassers, you just need a few of them working as a team to do that but at that point you could get your own Harasser or two and get even more done or take your little group and use lock ons small arms fire at it etc, overwhelming force kills most things no matter what you use.

And the reason people dislike the Vulcan is that it ticks two boxes that are "easy to use" and "top tier performance". I cant think of anything else in the game that does that and didnt get nerfed for it. Vulcan is for some reason immune to it.
    • Up x 2
  3. InexoraVC

Vulcan Har >> Tank >> Skyguard >> ESF >> Vulcan Har >> ... loop
  4. Blam320

Beetlejuice literally has identical stats to the Orion, and can only equip a scope or sight. It's used because having heat-based ammo is too good of a utility to pass up in most situations; it effectively means you don't need to worry about ammo, ever.

Unless you want VS to have a different empire-specific mechanic, that's still flavorful but also offers something unique that makes the weapon worth using, the only other thing that could be done is to rebalance the other directive weapons so they're more useful; out of all the directive weapons I see, I see the God SAW used most often, but that's because the stock Gauss SAW is just a crutch to start with.