(TR) First 1000 certs

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Dodeka3, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Dodeka3

So I've been playing enough to get my first 1000 certs and I was wondering on what I should spent it on.
    I thought about buying the Jaguar but is it really a good choice?
    Is C4 effective enough?

If you have another idea, please post it. Thanks!
  2. Kedric

C4, Grenade Bandolier...

Nothing else to get really aside from weapons and attachments.
  3. Wolfwood82

Never mind that weapons and attachments are the things that will be the meat and potatoes of every life you spend killing others. You are basically saying "focus on desert".

Use SC to buy guns, don't waste certs on it. You feed the SOE money machine and help keep the game alive and at the same time you save your certs for improving those guns beyond stock values. Also never underestimate your suit and ability levels. For TR, ammo is rarely an issue unless you take up shotguns, nanoweave is probably a good starter suit slot. Adrenaline Rush is invaluable if you use shotguns though (ironic since if you use shotguns you also need ammo belt... Or be really good at locating and using ammo boxes).
  4. Amarutu

First I bought the LC3 Jaguar and put level 2 laser sight on it, then one brick of C4 so I could take out vehicles and maxes. If you have enough infantry resources get a second brick. You'll turn into a hip firing, tank busting fly boy. And your squad will thank you for it. Flash grenade is also great for the Light Assault play style, although throwing grenades in this game requires some practice. Hope that helped. :)
  5. Lavalampe

Maybe you want to buy a new carbine? Just check out Levelcaps Carbine Review:
    Spoiler: TR has the best in his opinion.
  6. DrTeeth

Don't spend certs on weapons, that's what SC is for. Buy two C4, then foregrip suppressor and IRNV sight for your carbine.
  7. Amarutu

Don't spend SC on weapons, that's what certs are for, use your SC to dress up your ken or barbie doll. If you like this game and still play it in 3-6 months you'll be sorry if you spend any SC on weapons, since you will have more certs then you know what to do with them.
  8. Kiekeboe

I spend SC on weapons and Certs on the gear and NV and so on. And also with weapon unlocks that are bought with SC in the near future I don't see any drawbacks with this.
    I suggest get C4, Flak armor, Jet pack, NV and fore grip on your Trac-5.
  9. TheArchetype

C4 is what makes the LA a valuable role IMO. Get two bricks though, one brick is just frustrating.
  10. Ghoest

1 Upgrade your starter rifle(or spend Station cash on a Lynx then upgrade it.)

2 get Jump Jets 3

3 Get nano armor 2 or Adrenaline

4 Get 2 C4.
  11. EaterOfBabies

As others have said, don't spend certs on weapons. Unless of course you are absolutely dirt poor, in which case, STILL DON'T spend certs on weapons, since the Trac-5 will do you just fine.

30 certs for the NV scope, 100 for a foregrip, and if you expect to be doing a lot of close quarters, you could always spend another 100 on a suppressor to stay quiet. I'd also recommend upgrading your jump jets a few levels - maybe to lvl 2 or 3 to start you off. The extra utility it provides is invaluable in my opinion.

C-4 is absolutely wonderful but it gets expensive in both initial cost and resources. I still recommend getting it, but this might be a scenario where maybe you spend for one, practice with it a bit, build up your certs again, and spring for the second.

Lastly, your suit is more preference then anything. Flak armor is good for those random explosions that leave you vulnerable. Advanced shield generator isn't bad for getting you back in the fight a little quicker. If you go nanoweave to absorb that one extra bullet, then only hit lvl 1 since you need to hit the max lvl for it to be of anymore benefit (2 bullets). And, bandolier is fine as well if you use grenades to their fullest effect.
  12. {joer

[IMG]
    Personally I think hes nuts. VX6 over the Lynx any day.
  13. {joer

I play LA with all three factions.

My order of buying is ....

Weapon SC
    Weapon sight
    Medkit
    Flack armor 2-3
    C4 (still use med kit, 1 C4 meh)
    Second C4
  14. SkyEstaLimit

I play TR LA, i still use the TRAC 5, didnt buy an SC gun yet. I did :

Early on :

Reflex sight 2x
    laser sight
    jump jets 3
    2x C4 (1 brick useless vs vehicules but still 1 shot maxes or infantry. very nice tricks and traps can be done)

later on :

pistol suppressor and laser sight (pretty nice)
    TRAC 5 suppressor (surprisingly good for sneaky play ... just not at range ... which the gun isnt good at to begin with anyway)
    jump jet 6 (worth 500 certs ? i dont know. is it good ? definitely.)

now working on:

grenade bandolier 1 and 2 (if its too ressource hvy ill go for the ammo belt instead)
    and the jaguar will be bought with SC sometime soon ( when i have some spare certs to upgrade it)
    and maybe a shotgun
    and drifters when ill be bored
  15. Mlatto

I play as TR LA almost all the time. I suggest for max fun:

Weapon: Jaguar > Lynx > TRAC 5. I always go for (adv.) laser sight, 1x sight and surpressor / sound surpressor
    C4: you need to get both bricks to kill enemy tanks (and sometimes sunderers, if they are allready damaged a bit)
    suit: grenade bandolier 2

most important: drifter jets. here is where the fun comes in. max lvl gives you about 28 sec flight time (that means you can fly from Crown to TI Alloys Inc. without any problem) Go to higher grounds, fly over the enemy zerg, release 3 nades + 2 C4s while still beeing in the air. Receive a lot of multikills ;-)