TR Favorite Medic Gun

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Marcus4512, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Maderas

Somebody extracted the weapon stats from the game a while back, and it lists the Cycler S as having a slower refire rate compared to the Cycler. The store page actually reflects this now, though I didn't notice it at the time when I bought it. After using the Cycler for so long I noticed the Cycler S shot a little bit slower; mostly due to the firing sound. It's not a huge difference, but it's there.

I mainly bought it for the Compensator, though the slightly slower fire rate + the added inaccuracy of hipfire with a Compensator attached makes the Cycler S a little too inefficient in CQC for my tastes. I do believe it's the best TR assault rifle available for long range plinking, given that it has better bloom and scoped accuracy than the SABR, and will probably purchase a 4x scope and use it as such when I've finished buying the other things I want. To be honest I've come to realize I don't usually fight at long enough range for the Compensator to be as big of a concern as I initially thought it was, but that's more of a playstyle thing than a dig against the S.
  2. TheCynicalJew

I'm in the market for a new VS gun, any suggestions, or should I just level up my current one?
  3. Zagz

I'm more often fighting close quarter and so far, the NS-11A hasn't fail me. Got a 4x scope + grip. That made the gun efficient in multiple range.
  4. Trickv2

T1 Cycler with Reflex 1X sight. Dont need anything else after that.
  5. Trickv2

Try the CME out, it has great accuracy on a 3 round burst at range and keeps a good CoF at short on full auto with good damage per shot. The gun fires slowly compared to the Pulsar but reloads just as fast. I dont think I came across any bad medic weapons on VS but you will have your own tastes.
  6. Redcleoud

T1S - Reflex, compensator - longer overall reload yeah, I do like the ability to chance fire modes, and personally have a better feel for it. I haven't tried the SAB curious to trial it. TRV I was thinking of getting next for real CQC. But I'm finding the T1S and thus stock T1 great for most situations so far.
  7. KodiakX

There is no difference in fire rate. The weapons were updated at release meaning those old stats are no longer accurate (but were accurate in beta). You can literally pull out a stop watch and unload a clip and press stop when the magazine reaches zero and you'll see they line up nearly identically. I just equipped a S vs Regular and each time it was 3.5 - 3.7 seconds per clip for 8 reloads per gun. If there's a difference at all it's not noticeable at all currently in the game.

I like the Compensator mostly for additional performance in the mid-long range engagements. The Underbarrel Grenade Launcher clinches the deal and quite honestly gets me almost equal number of kills against Infantry. I can't count the number of times I've turned a corner, saw a guy, and just hit the grenade and it was done. The fact it actually damages vehicles including heavy tanks just sweetens that deal. I use a Reflex x1 or INRV in all cases so so I rarely end up shooting from the hip unless the guy is right on top of me which lets face it you'll probably hit at that range regardless of bloom.

Personally tho I've just taken to just using the Cycler S in all scenarios as it got tiresome having to swap out.
  8. CrimsonDaemon

After trying all the guns and getting gold with both the Select fire Cycler and the TRV, the TRV is probably my favorite out of all the guns. It puts in work up close, leaving even heavy assault shredded by its gunfire, and with a foregrip, can even reach out and touch someone at longer ranges. Once you get a handle on how to pull against the recoil, the thing is nasty.
  9. FirstPersonWinner

SABR-13 all the way! High Velocity Ammo, a good scope, and a quick trigger finger, and that gun is deadly at almost any range.

Making NC and VS Heavies cry since the Beta.
  10. Trysaeder

Cycler with 2x reflex or RF3 with 1x reflex. I loved the RF3 because you cannot lose a firefight within 20 metres with that weapon. It has the highest DPS in the game while still maintaining decent enough handling to be effective at 40 metres. Advanced laser sight works to make it even better at close quarters, but I find that good enough already so I put the grip on it.
  11. thehairdude123

TORQ-9. Best AR out there.
  12. cruczi

Nice necro there mate
  13. thingymajigy

Now, you see, you are answering a question that at the time of asking, the TORQ-9 did not exist. Congrats on resurrecting a year old thread.

CYCLER TRV MASTER RACE!!!
  14. TeknoBug

lol thread necro.

I'm still not sold on the Torq-9, I stick to the TRV.
  15. Lord_Avatar

TAR, SABR-13, TORQ-9
  16. Chinchy

I know its a common class gun but I use the armistice with adv lazer sight it works great on enemies up to 30m and the pinpoint hipfire accuracy allows me to stay mobile plus I own the gold version so I get lots of hate tells when I kill people
  17. cruczi

There is no gold version of Armistice. Maybe you mean NS-7 PDW?
  18. DrPapaPenguin

Sabr-13, hands down. Closely followed by Cycler TRV.
  19. Pikachu

SABR(E) is fun to use but my sniping skills aren't good enough to make full use of it. I put a 6x scope on it. I want to shoot at long range and all the other TR scopes are so ugly and annoying. The gun has really nice aesthetics too. T1 cycler is a nice gun too.
  20. Saber15

I almost never put mine in semi-auto.
    With a Compensator, the 2x SABR is still absurdly accurate. When I'm fighting the snipers at 100+ meters, the first shot whacks their torso - and the second hits their face.