TR Empire Specific Weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CptFirelord, Feb 28, 2014.

1. CptFirelord

Cons of all TR Empire Specific infantry weapons.

TRAP-M1: 3 headshots required to kill at any decent range. It has recoil. Highest scope is a 6x zoom. Performs worse than any other sniper rifle, semi-auto or burst, SMG, scout rifle, battle rifle, hell even PISTOLS perform better than this.
    T2 Striker: Requires 3 rockets to hit to do better damage than an NS variant. Only lockon launcher that requires the user to stay ADS in order for the rockets to hit. Rockets don't track like current G2A or A2A lockons (meaning they don't make 180 degree turns to avoid mountains). Paying 1000 certs or 700 SC for a weapon that preforms worse than a 250 cert weapon. Less DPS than an Anni.
    MCG: Lowest damage of any LMG. Have to pay 1000 certs or 700 SC for a weapon that performs worse than free weapons (or cheaper weapons).

Pros of all TR Empire Specific infantry weapons.

TRAP-M1: Weapon fire sounds are amazing.. should update the TR arsenal :p

T2 Striker: Potential for better damage / mag than an Anni.

MCG: Dakka, and a small bloom reticle until you get off 5 rounds with manageable recoil.

So SOE, why are we shafted in every department with ES weaponry? These weapons (Striker and TRAP at least) need reworked so they're at least on-par with NS variants and current available TR weapons.

inb4 VS / NC who have 4 hours gameplay on their TR alt try to talk like they know something.
    • Up x 2
  2. KenDelta

Striker is still godly.(w/ numbers of course)

Trap is amazing , you baddies try to use it at +100meters , it outpreforms EVERY scout rifle and semi-auto rifles.

MCG is just like the other 2 ESHW.
  3. Pikachu

Where's the complaints about vulcan and marauder?
  4. CptFirelord

Pikachu if you read I was addressing infantry weapons. Vulcan and Marauder deserve their own thread, which there are 100s of already.
  5. CptFirelord

@KenDelta

TRAP is a joke. It has a slower TTK than a Commissioner, let alone a Battle / Scout rifle. The fact it's considered a 'sniper rifle' at all is just a slap in the face.
  6. gigastar

I still think NC got shafted hardest on ESSR's.

That said, why are you complaining about your infils basically getting their own SABR-13?
  7. Meccar

Because the SABR-13 (and by extension, this knock-off) is complete trash? Not enough Damage per Second to be any good at close range, not enough Damage per Shot to be any good at long range.
  8. Kunavi

KenDelta WHAT!? LOL! o_O Are we playing the same PS2 or are you running secret Private Servers? :p
    • Up x 1
  9. Kunavi

Meccar the SABR is in fact quite reliable and if nothing else, different and fun. I main it with Medic, alternating it with the default rifle just to have some variety. It's won me many encounters. The Trap though? It's nothing like it and not fitting the Infiltrator so much.
    • Up x 1