TR Carbines question.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Wroth, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Wroth

Hello!

So, with a BR40 VS account, I thought I'd have a change of pace from lasers.I went to the TR (BF24) and got some certifications.But I want to get a version of the Serpent.
    The damage for the Serpent and the two CQC Carbines are like this:
    Serpent : 143 @ 10m @ 845rpm
    Jaguar : 143 @ 10m @ 750rpm
    Lynx : 125 @ 10m @ 125rpm

NONE OF THESE MATCH!
    Jaguar is too slow and feels clunky, Lynx is basically an SMG for only two classes.

HELP ME PLEASE!Are there any guns that are going to fit my playstyle??
  2. Iridar51

No. TR have no weapon that would compare to Serpent / GD-7F.

Lynx used to be a 143 @ 800, then it got reworked into current 125 @ 909 model. Lynx is as close as you can get, which has only 5% lower DPS than Serpent, and reloads faster. It's an SMG, but it's an SMG on steroids. Hip fire not quite as good though.
  3. Wroth

Thanks!
  4. Skiptrace

If you wanted a carbine to feel like the Serpent, the GD-7F from the NC is a direct upgrade to it in Muzzle Velocity, with a slightly longer reload. Though, the GD-7F does cost 1k Certs to obtain, compared to the 250 of the Serpent. An alternate would be the Bandit, while firing at a lower 632 RPM, it does deal more damage, and has the coveted 0.75x ADS multiplier if you like to ADS while in CQC like I do, but again it costs 1k Certs.

Edit: I know this was a TR based thread, but I don't think that TR has any true equivalents to the Serpent like Iridar said.
  5. HannaDest

Why should one take a Lynx over a SMG ? I somehow dont get the Lynx.
  6. Iridar51

Same reason why people take any carbine over an SMG - effective range. Lynx can shoot effectively about twice as far.
    • Up x 1
  7. Khallixtus

This ^^^

The closest Carbine the TR have do the Serpent is the Lynx, and the NC equivalent is the GD-7F.
  8. HannaDest

Hmmm good point. The sad thing is that I can shoot twice as far with an SMG then with the Lynx. I cant handle this carbine :(
  9. Corezer

For me, the lynx is a gun that if it had .75 ADS, would do for me what the release SVA-88 did for so many heavy players.

I would never look back...

OK I would, but only because I love going into TS and hearing Madrey b**** about my sexist jokes...
  10. Corvus Corax

No carbines are like the serpent. If you want the 850 rpm 143 dmg < 10m you have to go play medic and roll with TRV
  11. Leivve

We don't have a equivalent, because we have the TR standard 40 round mag size; so the devs decided that it would be OP if a faction weapon had some sort of advantage over the others instead of letting each one of the set have it's own way of competing.
  12. Iridar51

TRV is damn OP though :p
  13. Leivve

I tried NC once, as part of a "Rush to 1000 certs as ONLY infiltrator." Rules were you had to have an item worth 1000 certs (SMGs had just come out) or 1000 in your pool. So you had to choose, stick to your stock sniper or spend certs in hopes of improving your cert gain.

TRV, TB1, LC3 and TAR were regular appearance on my death board.
  14. Casterbridge

TRV is the stuff of nightmares in capable hands.
  15. Corvus Corax

yeah, wish LAs had it though