TR Butcher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Jan 22, 2021.

1. OneShadowWarrior

I know this is probably a long shot, but is there a chance the TR Butcher can get just a foregrip attached as part of it’s loadout?

The Godsaw get’s a Compensator, high velocity ammo, foregrip and a secondary fire mode.

Betelgeuse get’s to be ammoless, faces little downtime - no reload needed, you get revived and not have to reload, Coldheart can boost it.

The Butcher is basically a Carv T-9 with 50 more rounds in the magazine, it really should be 200 not 150 and that’s it?
  2. Demigan

The Butcher and Godsaw are pretty much tied in terms of KPU. Do they really need to be better? I understand that the current list of things that make the Butcher unique is quite dissapointing, so it might have to trade something in at the same time as it gets a unique upgrade to keep it on the same level as the Godsaw. They score about as good as the Q4 KPU on other popular weapons, so they should be in a relatively good spot, however underwhelming that spot might seem for something you worked so hard for.

On the other hand, the Betelgeuse is scoring about twice as good as the other two directive weapons. Ofcourse the VS will claim that it's simply superior in skill, yet they don't really show that when they touch their NS weapon line. Seems to me something needs to be done to get the Betelgeuse in line, the advantage of it's ammo regeneration whenever you stop shooting for the slightest moment is obviously a far more powerful ability than the VS wants us to believe. "but mah attachments on the Orion!" they'll say. Yes the Betelgeuse proves that the ammo regen is at least equal to those attachments, if not better.
    • Up x 1
  3. Campagne

The Butcher also gets an RPM boost which at the time gave it the highest DPS of all LMGs I think.

But yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw the title. Grips are good.
  4. OneShadowWarrior

Butcher used to have a spin up mechanic that gave it the uniqueness, but they removed it and gave it a flat rate of fire.

I am not asking for a whole lot just for a foregrip. As it currently stands, it’s just a Carv T-9 with no attachments and a subpar extended mag, there are plenty of LMGs that sport 200 rounds with an extended magazine, barrel choices and ammo variants.
  5. JustGotSuspended

They really did the TR dirty on their whole directive lineup.

Also props to wrel for removing the SPA on the butcher but not putting it in the patch notes. Literally no point in using it over the carv.
  6. Liewec123

TR and NC in general don't have noteworthy directive weapons since there is no super-special mechanic on either.

maybe butch could get a little bit of splash since TR seem to be getting more splashy type things recently.
    (Explosive Ammo, Incendiary Launcher)
    or maybe Butcher should get the Incendiary Launcher so TR can scatter the roaches from cover and then clean up with the BRRRR.
  7. JibbaJabba

Doesn't it already have reduced horizontal recoil compared to the CARV?
  8. ZDarkShadowsZ

Couldn't agree more. People don't seem to understand how game-changing a lack of needing to reload can be. Not to mention not having to worry about ammo in general.

Statistics-wise, it's quite clear there are a far greater number of users in preference of the Betelgeuse over the other faction reward LMG's.

https://voidwell.com/ps2/oracle?sta...,1924&startDate=2020-12-24&endDate=2021-01-24

It goes to show that the benefit the heat mechanic offers, far outweighs a lack of attachments.
    • Up x 3