[TR] Brothers of Tyr [ BTYR]: Tactical and Teamwork Styled Gameplay

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by CmdrGeeno, Apr 12, 2017.

1. CmdrGeeno

[IMG]

What is Brothers of Tyr [BTYR]

Brothers of Tyr is a Tactical and Teamwork oriented outfit that is looking to bring back what Planetside 2 is all about. We want to be competitive with the other outfits that already exist in the game, and want to refresh the game's outlook at how it is played. Our goal is to be the absolute best we can be as a whole, instead of as individuals, and we will strive for just that.

What are we looking for

BTYR is looking for mature players of an reasonable age, who can perform tasks in a tactical and teamwork styled fashion as to achieve objectives whether traditional or unorthodox, in order to secure victory over the Enemies of the Republic. This may mean conducting operations that seem menial/boring, and sacrificing your personal glory for the success of your squad or platoon.

If you are a Lone-Wolf styled, or suffer from Zerg Mentality, than BTYR is not the group for you. We want our members to be aware of the map, their squad composition and position, and look at how they can benefit a fight as part of their squad. BTYR wants to empower you to make good personal tactical decisions that do not sacrifice the squad cohesion and effectiveness.

How to Join

In BTYR, we believe the metal of a man is more important than whether he is the master of the game. There are absolutely no requirements at this time. We simply strongly encourage our members to join our TeamSpeak 3 Server, and our website/forum in order to fully become an involved member in the community. We don't even care if you have a mic in game! So long as you can listen to orders, and perform what is requested without major problems, then you are good.

BTYR has a Zero-Tolerance for trash talk of anyone in the game, for whatever reason. Discussions like that stay in house, and are discussed so as to still be respectful of others. Communication is a key aspect of the game, and teaching people how to properly and respectfully handle their complaints/issues is important in any group.

Why should I Join

This is a question that can really only be answered by you. However, if you are at the point where you see little reason to play, you should give us a try. We work as a team, and build everyone up together instead of leave you in the dust to figure out how to play, or how to get support from the people around you without begging or yelling in proximity voice chat in-game. The whole point is to bring EVERYONE'S kill/death ratio, score, and skill level up by keeping things tight, and playing in a way that is dynamic and allows for a more immersive, and interesting way.

Contact Info

You can contact us by going to our Website at www.brotycorp.com, or by friending myself CaptGeeno (Not CmdrGeeno, I know), deltaVphi, or ImSoSorry. If you want to directly apply, you can do so in game by going to the Outfit Recruitment in game and looking for our BTYR advert. You should see the MCOR Outfit Badge as our logo, since we are still working on getting one for ourselves!

(Note: Video is long as it's raw footage from my twitch stream. I also apologize for any background, or other raw aspects of the footage, like my wife or dogs possibly being in the background. We will have a more refined trailer created soon.)
  2. Hkay

Hi btyr. I have a confession to make. First, for a little context I'm a battle rank 72 player. Been playing planetside on and off casually for almost three years. When I started playing three years ago, I didn't read any guides for new players, or watched any tutorials. I learned bit by bit on my own. Someone at the start of my planetside career recommended me to join a zerg outfit. I'm not going to name them but let's call them a. At that time I didn't even know what zerg was, and after I browsed through their outfit, I noticed they had a lot of players on planetside 2. I thought to myself, well this can be a good learning opportunity and fun at the same time so I joined the outfit. I joined the outfit when I was under rank 20 and played with them until I reached rank 71. Up until then point, they seemed like a reasonable outfit to spend my time with. Then one day about a week ago, looking to join a squad I accidentally joined btyr and that was the best accident they happened to me on planetside 2. I'msosorry was leading the squad at that time. Before I knew it, we had two squads up or half a platoon. The way he was explaining things, as to why we're attacking a base, and weren't we attacking, why choosing up on this lattice as opposed to the other. Putting squad way points up, I was surprised how much you can achieve with key 24 people . For the first time it made me look at map differently. Now I have played solo, big platoons, do heavy primarily, and I had a good idea of how to read the map but he taught me how to analyze the map and make your decisions. Basically changed my mentality from zerging to strategy.
    I wanna confess that I didn't know any of those spots and positions to hold as I played with the zerg outfit all this time and for them its all about numerical superiority rather than strategic superiority. They hold the weirdest angles, don't have each others back and many other things like that. I was really impressed. I had never played planetside 8 hours back to back but that day I did. I only got up to get the door one time, get water and food. I was locked in on my screen, shooting vanu people in spandex or NC noobs(jk of course) it is was so much fun. For the first time I looked at this game differently, after putting in 1200 hours into it. Next day I logged in and captGeeno was online and he led the squad which became two squads and then a full platoon in no time with expertise. He made sure we were sticking together and playing as a team.
    Now, the confession I have to make is that I had more fun playing planetside 2 with these guys going from rank 71 to 72 and learned more than i ever did going from br 1-71.
    Guys if you're on tr and want a good outfit which runs things tactically, this is the outfit to join.
  3. Hkay

Needless to say after just playing with these guys on the first day I left my outfit of three years and joined btyr.