tr and bad overall experience

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xromancex, Oct 3, 2014.

1. cruczi

What did you buy?
  2. tahn1000

t16
  3. cruczi

1. I do. Buff is a buff. Even small things matter.
    2. Even before, it was fine with forward grip attached.
    3. Posting one example of a weapon that has not been nerfed disproves your hyperbolic and sensationalist BS "the whole of what is available to TR has or is being nerfed"
  4. tahn1000

well you be sure to demand they nerf the carv again, okay? because i'm sure it must be too unbearable to you that you might accidentally be hit by one.
  5. cruczi

Hit by what? I don't get it. Your reply makes zero sense to me
  6. tahn1000

my point exactly...
  7. cruczi

And what was that point? Do enlighten me
  8. Nehlis

Hoo boy, the word games begin.
  9. tahn1000

that the carv is so bad you wouldn't even notice the hail of bullets whizzing by, much less be at risk of actually being hit by one of them
  10. cruczi

Right... which has nothing to do with anything. A slight buff to a weapon you happen to think is bad - and you're wrong, it's a very good weapon - is still a buff and disproves your BS about TR receiving nothing but nerfs
  11. tahn1000

thanks for proving the stupidity of your argument to anyone else who reads this
  12. cruczi

I'm afraid you're taking things a bit too seriously and you may need to chill for a bit.
  13. Nehlis

You're asking for far too much. His QQ level is over 9000.
  14. Hoki

OP: you can't expect people to read all of that when this thread has been created 9001 times already.

We've heard it all already, so if you have some insight that hasn't been presented before, get to the point.

tl;dr
  15. iller

T9 Carv was effing ridiculous when the game launched. It made the Orion look bad by comparison.
    Trac5 is still pretty beast, way better than the carbine NC starts with.
    Cycler vs. Nc1? ....I'll be honest here, Nc1 is probably the 2nd best starting automatic in the game. We NC lucked out big time there :p -- But we payed for it b/c the stock SAW was terribad for CQC and cost too much for a new player to upgrade instantly. You'll still see a lot of fights where the newby NC heavies are crutching really hard on their medics of all things to fight their CQC fights for them. Everytime I go medic, I'm cleaning up someone else's half-eaten enemy HA or MAX and then rezzing allied heavies /w SAWs in hand just so the process can repeat itself 2 or 3 more times and I keep getting the kill credits.
  16. Ztiller

Say that the Lasher is good, complain about the MCG. That's all i need to know about your credibility.

You have never actually touched any other faction, have you?
  17. AdmiralArcher

ok....let me just start by saying that the T1 cycler is a really great Assualt rifle.

the TR has the worst ESRL now

the Carv is actually a great gun

the Trac 5 is also a fantastic gun

the TR has fairly decent weapons, but out striker, lockdown and pur LMGs are all lacking either drastically or somewhat.
  18. AdmiralArcher

the Lasher has greater utility in the Team orientation, however the MCG is better for having fun.
  19. DrPapaPenguin

Tl;dr this a nitpicking thread, and the one that plain out misrepresents given information.

I can agree with TR starter weapons not being for everyone, I personally hated the T1 Cycler (swapped out for SABR 13 as soon as I could), felt rather meh about TRAC-5, sv-99 and carv (though auraxiumed the latter). Repeater I plain simple hated. But don't go excusing the fact that you cant make the weapons work by saying they are bad. If other people can make something work, then the problem is with you.

Shotguns - there is no point in bringing up NC. Empire specific stuff is compared to ES stuff of other factions. Also VS technically lose at shotguns since I think they still have lower velocities, even if it has next to zero effect in reality.

SMG - armistice on the other hand has less recoil, faster reload and kills faster than any other smg. It has a niche

Trap - it's not a sniper rifle, it's a scout rifle, and it's a beast in cqc.

MAX - anything is better than ZOE, and lockdown certainly has its uses, mainly to increase HEG range.

Longer reloads? More damage potential per mag. It's a trade off, and you have to learn to manage reloads to compensate.