tr and bad overall experience

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xromancex, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Shaggath

Please dont talk about trap.
    Trap have a special trait silent kill.
    Her 3 round burst is predictable.
    With silencer the weapon have reduce trace and this is a big deal.
    You range don't alert guy when you uncloack.
    It's an extended mid range weapon you need 2x scope.

with two round burst you can assist on long range.
    You just need to wait between two shot.

Trap is really effective you just need to try hard.
    With iem and flank play style this weapon become monstruous you only need one shoot to kill and 6 shoot to do.

It's my favorite weapon since the lost of the pinpoint minigun.
    Because my own faction haven't really try the weapon.
    Before the rework we have a weapon who unlash 800 rpm on a single point, a mid long range weapon who can destroy sniper and rules by her accuracy.
    And the better whith a 200 round weapon .. when you only need 20 to kill.
    A weapon who can humiliate nc xam with a resist shield.
    A weapon dedicated to make kill streak.
    And now we have a toy dedicated to cqc out perform by a simple shotgun.

So please just try hard.
  2. Mythologicus

Huh. The TRAC-5 is the only starter carbine I like. Mercenary is underwhelming and the Solstice needs to die in a fire.

T9-CARV isn't a bad weapon, definitely better for starters than the Gauss SAW. It also got an upgrade to its accuracy (horizontal recoil nerf) very recently. Orion's a no-brainer.

You cannot possibly tell me the Pulsar VS1 is a good all-round weapon.

As LibertyRevolution said, pistols? Really? The stock Repeater for the TR is widely regarded as one of the best sidearms in the game. Its only real downsides are its inability to engage at medium range (all factions have this, they're pistols) and learning curve. It's not that I hate the Beamer or the Mag Shot, it's just that the Repeater performs well.

Other random things:
    TR weapons do have some terrible reload speeds, beyond a doubt. They're also completely boned for ES topguns on tanks and Harassers, though I would argue that the Marauder is more useful in some circumstances than the Canister (though also vice versa). All the MAX abilities are average-to-unhelpful. ZOE is described as being for when you want to glow purple and die. Aegis shield has major flaws with its mechanics. Lockdown is basically ZOE only with gratuitous arm-waving.

Also, quantity is no substitute for quality.
  3. Vertabrae

I......well you see..........it's just that.............ummmm......ummmm........

Ice cream....I like ice cream......
  4. Pootisman

Stopped reading there.
  5. Shaggath

If i have something to ask.
    Please soe give me a trapper hat to play with my trap.

[IMG]

For striker i'm with you the first was op.
    The second was extra situationnal (more potiential damage to kill and undefended sunderer) but less effective then ns for the same job.
    The third i can't say i try against esf and i take the grounder.
    I test on infantry and i take my repeter.
    i test on vehicule and i take my decimator/skep.
    Perhaps standing into a hill and bait people.
  6. vanu123

LMAO the fact you think current ZOE is better than anything is laughable, heck even ammo cannisters are better, at least they have a situation where they are viable.
    • Up x 1
  7. Lethal_Sting

If you read his post...

OP's definition of win = winning at being the worst.

@Dudes who quote the entire essay just to reply with a quip....just -snip- OP's post if you aren't gonna go through and critique each point.

And @OP, don't knock the beamer. I would've loved to have a 167 semi-auto pistol as default. Don't get me wrong, repeater is nice.
    • Up x 1
  8. xromancex

Fellgnome

I know what you are trying to say . All weapons do have recoil to the left and the right during ads. But in some cases, The recoil on one side is always bigger than than the other side . And because your firing more than 9 shots per second it will make your dot decide it wants to go to the left of an enemy or the right while having a very small kick to the other side that u will not see due to the fact that this is where the higher recoil is happening .

You can reduce the recoil then by moving the mouse very slowly to the opposite side of the dominating recoil while firing . The weapon will still have left and right recoil but you will be able to get slight range boast by controlling the bigger recoil .
  9. zombielores

That's only because the RoF is higher, CQC weapons have unpredictable jitter and TR just so happens to have a lot more CQC weapons.
  10. PhineasDerp

In that case, it's unfortunate you wasted your time on something unreadable. The reason for punctuation and grammar is so OTHERS can understand the ideas/info you are trying to get across, and to illicit some respect for your opinion based on your perceived ability to communicate effectively.

And while I was genuinely interested in what you had to say, I couldn't make it half-way through your first paragraph due to your decision to ignore these conventions, in favor of doing it "fast". If you don't care enough to make it legible, why should I care enough to read it?
  11. xromancex

Ok guys now I know that grammar is capital offense . I'll try to rewrite this post tomorrow without any mistakes so don't bother reading if u don't want to . I only blame myself about this thread .....
  12. Yeahy

T1 Cycler is worst AR?
    Beamer is better than Repeater?

On that alone I stopped reading.
    • Up x 1
  13. LibertyRevolution

Maybe the OP should make his post easier to read then..
    I made it that far down and had no idea that he is using winning is some code word for losing.

Beamer is garbage, and the fact you don't think so makes me wonder why I am even responding to this..
    Are you kidding me.. VS would kill for a repeater clone, it is a pocket SMG.

Message to OP:
    Dear OP, don't post like a moron, and I will be more likely to not misunderstand you.
  14. abaddun

You don't have any idea what you are talking about. Let me elaborate.

Assault rifles: Now, I am not a medic, so I have only dabbled in the art of assault rifles, but I have been on the receiving end of a T1 cycler quite a few times, and the additional 10 rounds per clip and the near CQC rate of fire has definitely paid off. You have access to a forward grip, allowing you to mitigate one of the primary drawbacks of TR weapons, which is random horizontal recoil. At 250 certs, you can pick up the TAR, which is an oversized SMG, and from what I hear (though I haven't tested them personally) VS rifles tend to be rather lacklustre.

Carbines: The standard issue carbine of the vanu is the solstice, and while it is a middle of the road weapon, it's nothing special. The Trac-5 on the other hand is the perfect starting weapon for a new player. The 40 round clip allows you to outlast your target in short range when hipfiring on the move, whilst the solstice and mercenary tend to struggle in desperate firefights. Whilst there are better CQC weapons in the TR carbine arsenal like the jaguar and Lynx, the Trac-5 has versatility on its side when engaging targets at medium range.

Light Machine Guns: The Orion is by far the easiest LMG to use for new players, and has the edge over the other CQC LMGs. While the SAW is incredible in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing, it is also the most difficult to handle for rookies. The T9 CARV is sort of the middle ground until you can invest in a particular style, mainly because of the high ROF and magazine size. Crouch whenever possible, always aim down the sights and fire in long busts to get the most out of the ROF without letting the COF get out of control.

Sniper rifles: The NC win for default sniper rifles, as bolt actions blow semi-automatics out of the water for most players.

The only useable ESSR is the rail jack, because it is actually a sniper rifle. The TR get a BFR and the VS get a gimmick.

Pistols: I can't take you seriously after this, the VS come out on top, because they have the beamer? Hold on while I stuff my lungs back in. The standard issue TR sidearm, the repeater, clocking in almost 800 RPM with a little practise, is worse, then the beamer? A pistol with the only worthwhile advantage being the reload speed, is better, then a hand SMG? The NC have an OKish standard issue sidearm, but the desperado is easily a contender for one of the best sidearms in the game from my experience. The VS can only look forward to carbon copies of the NC Rebel and magshot of they don’t want to pack a commissioner or underboss and enjoy pain. Using the spiker is paramount to masochism.

Launchers: I am going to assume you weren’t here when the striker was the go-to launcher for TR. In short, complete aerial denial and unparalleled tank busting capabilities. It is obvious SOE does not want to repeat the mistakes of the past, and is therefore going to test the waters with this new mechanic.

Sub Machine Guns: The NC knock VS and TR into a copped hat for SMG quality, whilst VS SMGs are a little more forgiving then then TRs. I would say that of the three factions, TR gets the short straw.

ESHAW: The lasher tends to be rather lacking in direct firefights, and whilst the splash can be helpful in a crowded environment, your location and armament is painfully obvious. The T7 on the other hand is designed to sweep rooms packing squads very quickly. A resist shield is very helpful when moving into a room, and you must pre-fire before you do.

MBT: I don't think you quite realise how absurd the lockdown ability can be in long range engagements. The prowler already has a potent battle cannon that performs well in close quarters with AP shells, and the lockdown ability bumps the effective range of the tank beyond conventional AT weapons. Whether you can looking to shell infantry or vehicles the ROF increase and shell velocity increase makes a huge difference, almost negating the magriders strafing ability at 300 metres in the open field, and straight up outmatching a vanguard without a sheild. Trust me, as a magrider pilot, we sacrifice a lot for the ability to hover and strafe, it's quite galling when it's for naught.

MAX Suit: The negatives of ZOE vastly outweigh the positives. Equipping the ability puts you at a disadvantage, especially when charge does the same thing. Whilst the lockdown is incredibly niche, it has been useful in the past, as it is very weapon dependent, one or two TR max suits with the pre-nerf fractures could demolish a tank line from beyond render range. In reality, all MAX abilities need re-working.

Faction Specific Vehicle Weapons: The banshee blows the LPPA and AH out of an airlock for AI work, mainly due to the relatively huge amount of splash damage per round inflicts on top of any rounds that score a direct impact, coupled with a high rate of fire. As a result, the banshee can score kills at medium range whilst strafing in comparison to the LPPA which must track a target, and the AH which must be virtually point blank. The PPA is only receiving this amount of negative attention as the HEAT and HE shells have been nerfed into oblivion and the infantry farmers have jumped onto the next best thing, the PPA. Really, getting infantry kills with the magriders battle cannon is bloody difficult without AP rounds, so i am not surprised that people are using the above average PPA. The marauder however is more of a harasser weapon then a MBT weapon due to the shell arc limiting it's range, however the Vulcan is competent at AI work at close range whilst being very powerful against armour. Not as effective as the saron, which can just dump a whole 6 round mag into your rear before you have a chance to react, but better than the enforcer, and halberd and close range.

Reload Times: You clearly miss the relationship between ammo capacity and road speed. As PS2 is not set in a arena more often than not you will go up against 2, 3 or even 4 guys. Good luck trying to take them all down with just one clip. it doesn't matter if you have a short reload time, you are now in the open, you have revealed your presence and you are spent. TRs weapons circumvent this by having the ammo to reliably deal with up to 3 stationary targets, or two active ones. You can find the time to reload, and as long as you have a single round left in your clip (most likely with 40 rounds) you are cutting that long reload speed down by about a third. Ask anybody who has acquired the eclipse or darkstar, those extra bullets count.

All factions need small tweaks to individual items and weapons, but there are currently no overarching problems in any one faction. Practise, get to know the feel of your chosen playstyle a build upon that using the tools you have access too.
  15. Nehlis

Considering that he says the T9 Carv is a worse starter than the Gauss SAW, the beamer joke, and how the minigun is outclassed by other heavy weapons, I'm pretty sure this is a troll thread.
  16. tahn1000

considering the whole of what is available to TR has or is being nerfed, that makes you the troll
  17. Nehlis

So you'd agree with him that the beamer is better than the repeater, and every single ES pistol for TR? Not only that, but the Carv is harder to learn how to use than the G-SAW? Oh wait, lets not forget that ZOE is supposedly currently more effective than Lockdown, or that the Jackhammer and Lasher can outrange the Minichaingun. Not to mention apparently the Banshee is the worst ES strafing nosegun.
    /end sarcasm
    Admittedly the Striker has been nerft to the ground and does need a thorough rework. I can't agree with almost anything this guy says though.
  18. cruczi

You mean like the CARV buff TR had five minutes ago?
  19. tahn1000

put it this way. the first thing i spent my money on was something to replace the carv, because i decided if i wanted to keep giving this game that i was genuinely interested in a go it was not going to be with that gun
  20. tahn1000

you don't call slightly improving a lously aim so it's still lousy but not quite as lousy as it was a "buff"