tr 167 carbine?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ghost001985, Apr 1, 2014.

1. ghost001985

i hear tr is getting a 167 carbine? ? ? if this is true about how ling do we have to wait? ?
  2. IamDH

April - Balance Revamp

The lynx will get a higher RPM i believe. 896 if im recalling correctly

Generally, if you are TR REJOICE!
    • Up x 6
  3. ghost001985

ok, so ill save my 1000 certs until it comes out!

oh hell yea im rejoicing! ! ! !
    • Up x 3
  4. Maljas23

That's what I'm doing.
  5. sustainedfire

Next week Thursday morning should bring the new carbine.

Second week of a month is the "combat update".
  6. Paperlamp

I'm so worried it's going to suck compared to NC's like the Pulsar Crap.
    • Up x 2
  7. ghost001985

im downloading the test server, to see if its on there. if it is ill let youll know!
  8. sustainedfire

Its not, though Higby said it would be sometime this week.
    • Up x 1
  9. maudibe

The bad news is the magazine will only hold 18 bullets
  10. ghost001985

wait! wait! how do you know that?
  11. QuakerOatsMan

Really wish they would avoid giving TR a 167 carbine. If TR players wanted more "variety," that's what NS weapons should be for—to fill in the "gaps" in each faction without directly affecting ES content.

What TR (and VS/NC) needs is more faction flavor, not faction imitation (i.e. "homogenization" of content) just because a few players complain that they don't have what the VS/NC has. If you really want a 167 carbine, play the NC for one or something. I surely don't want any "slow rpm" small arms weapons polluting the TR arsenal. At the very least, the 167 carbine trait should have gone to a NS weapon. Probably no stopping it now since the decision is as good as final, but hopefully that's the last of them.

The last thing we need is every faction with identical-but-reskinned weapons, because soon enough you'll get NC/VS players complaining that they don't have a 896 rpm+ weapon.
    • Up x 5
  12. Paperlamp

Don't trust anything you read online on april 1st.
    • Up x 3
  13. Trudriban

I main NC and I adore the Pulsar, my friendly zone of 167 damage with VS controllability makes me a beast with a beautiful booty

I'm looking forward to April, partially for the Lynx, moreso for the new carbine, but mostly we get to change Harasser dealerships from this guy:
  14. Paperlamp

This is the most amusingly vague and inaccurate description of the Pulsar C I've read yet. And I've heard a fair number of people trying to defend it. One guy actually tried to argue that recovery from recoil more slowly was a good thing. Okay actually...maybe you're second to that guy 'cause wow.
    • Up x 1
  15. Killerdude8

TR is getting a 167 Tier Carbine.
    Lynx is getting Dropped to 125 Damage tier and buffed to 896 RPM.
    MCG is getting an Update, I know nothing of the Details.

NC/VS are also getting a 167 Damage Tier Carbine to fill the Gap.
  16. Codex561

Never ever call Pulsar C crap! NEVER!!!! It is my 3rd favorite gun and 2nd favorite carbine.
    • Up x 2
  17. Stargazer86

It's already a little late for that. The whole basis of TR theming, that being 'More dakka!', has already been doled out to the NC and VS in the form of high-firerate weapons. At this point, the only thing that makes the TR weapons 'unique' are the 10 extra bullets, slow reload time, and awful horizontal recoil.

Now, if you're advocating that faction traits should be more prominent, I highly agree. Just take away the NC and VS weapons that have TR traits, give them more specialized versions that reflect their own faction specific benefits, and then things will be more interesting. Namely, NC should be the slowest but most damaging, VS should be the most accurate and versatile, and TR should throw the most lead downrange.

Unfortunately, these faction traits lead to problems concerning gameplay at different ranges. VS would have the advantage at long range, NC would have the advantage in terms of TTK as long as they can aim, and TR would be monsters at close range. I'd be fine with this, but I can already hear tons of complaints of things being OP, the relation of indoor and outdoor battles giving one side a clear advantage over the other and ect.

Personally, I value flavor over pure, identical balance. I don't mind having a disadvantage in one area as long as I excel in another.
    • Up x 5
  18. Robes

Have to rebalance/remove a considerable amount of weapons from all three factions for that to happen.
  19. PhantomPistols

well NC carnage ar is a Tr trait, Serpent for Vanu, is actually a Tr trait, aside from Tmg-50(which was nerfed so bad), why not give TR a second 167 damage?.
  20. Epic High Five

You crazy. The Pulsar C is a fantastic gun and easily the best carbine the VS have. It's like a blend of the Razor and Mercenary. I expect the TR's will be the same, or if you're REALLY lucky it'll be a carbine version of the SABR.

This is great for the TR.

The Carnage is 143/750, which is pretty much the common pool version of high ROF guns. Lots of guns of that speed exist on all factions. The GR-22 is closer to broaching the TR "territory" but it's also a real bad gun that's awful so nothing lost there.

I know it's not the GR-22 I pine for on my VS or TR medics. It's the Reaper and Gauss Rifle by a huge margin.