Total lack of effective AA now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jingstealer, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Jingstealer

What the hell have you done to my game? It used to be possible to keep a ESF in check when they came to close with a Ranger gun. Even destroy the cocky ones. Now ABSOLUTELY NOTHING happens?! It's not even capable of shooing them away anymore? They can safely ignore it while HOVERING IN FRONT OF MY FACE?

Come on Daybreak, what the hell. If you don't want AA just stop pretending there EVEN IS AA in the damn game and simply remove the so called AA weaponry. This is ******* RIDICULOUS.

I guess bearing witness to your latest choices is the fact that there are not even enough players on the game to open two continents. On a Saturday. A day before christmas, that in the past I remember well was great fun. You ARE ruining the ******* game, you know that, right?
  2. Prudentia

pull a skyguard, it eats ESFs and Libs
    just as its groundpower is so pathetic it gets eaten by a GODSAW or Spiker in AV mode
  3. Halkesh

Flak mechanic suck as it's only deterrent. Currently the only 3 way to reliably destroy an ESF are :
    • Pulling your ESF (often useless to do as the guy farming you is probably more experienced with ESF, and since you're probably pissed off you'll do mistakes)
    • Use Lancer or striker (if you're NC you're limited to G2A lock on that are useless or decimator that are reliant on luck more than skill)
    • Tank shells (require a hill, doesn't work with Viper C75, Python L100 HEAT, Prowler HEAT since it don't OHK ESF)
    Pulling a skyguard, vehicle with ranger or walker, G2A lock-on, skyguard will on be able to deter that ESF.
    Skyguard suck since the ESF will be back 30 sec later or will just leave the area, letting you alone with your 350 nanites investment that has a crippling overspecialization.

BTW, things are like this since a lot of time so it's not "what have you done", but "what will you do to improve it ?"
  4. Jingstealer

A) Does not invalidate my point on Ranger/Walker
    B) Skyguard ... HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
  5. Prudentia

the Ranger is pretty much a better skyguard cause you can slap it on a Harrasser. it's easy to hit, impossible to kill, can chase down ESFs with 120km/h topspeed and costs less than half of an ESF
  6. BadCoding

The Skyguard needs more survivability to be allowed to exist even in tank battles and to make sure it's not easily countered by Libs. It's okay to grant it MBT-like armor and health-values if it's gun is made worse vs other tanks so that it can't be used as tank hunter after the armor- and hp buff but remains effective vs aircraft & close range infantry.

I'd also say there should be 3 types of anti air weapons:
    1) user-guided missiles (HUGE damage, intended to counter Galaxy spam) - user-guided much like the engineer's AV turret but from the vehicle
    2) Gattling (no flak explosion) - intended vs ESF Spam, lower damage vs larger aircraft
    3) Flak - allrounder and starting choice; neiter the best nor the worst option in general

Making it another kind of vehicle than a Lightning would be the right choice too, like a 4 wheels type vehicle that can climb terrain better (better engine) than a tank is capable of and can use an anchor mode (takes some secs to enable / disable) that that increases flak accuracy, Gattling damage vs ESFs / infantry, speeds up reload on the user-guided missile.
  7. Prudentia

woah woah woah... EVEN WORSE against ground vehicles? like,instead of spitting marshmellows it would throw toilet paper shreds?
    • Up x 1
  8. Doc Jim

I personally use the Sunderer with two Rangers. Sure, the Sunderer's Rangers are weaker than Rangers on other vehicles, but you can have two. The main advantage of using a Sunderer for AA work is that the vehicle itself costs only 200, is quite tough, doesn't take higher damage in the **** and also has a lot of loadout options.
  9. BadCoding

Great job at only selectively acknowledging the downsides of what I posted and ignoring everything else while not using constructive feedback.

Exactly that's the reason why I suggested the HP & armor buff along with specialized attack choices that would do better vs their intended targets than the generic allrounder flak would do.
  10. adamts01

Did the Ranger get nerfed?!?!?!?!?!? I might download this latest update and start flying again?
  11. Prudentia

• Up x 1
  12. adamts01

I'll quote my own post because I don't think OP knows that this ridiculous gun exists. If it has been tuned down, then I apologize, but I can't find any patch notes about it.

OP: If this gun hasn't been toned down then grab a buddy, put it on a Harasser, and chase an entire air squad around the map and back to their warpgate, for about as many nanites as a C4 fairy run, but with half the skill.
  13. OldMaster80

The premise is aircraft in ps2 is designed to be vulnerable mostly to other aircraft. One the few things CAI done right is to make this relation between ground and air more symmetrical as A2G pounders lost part of their effectiveness.

That being said ESF are now more durable. The best way to harm aircraft from the ground is now the Skyguard: extended ammo, Engagement Radar, Auto Repair and Rival Combat Chassis works very well.

In practice you won't get many kills, and AV Liberators will still be very dangerous, but at least you will keep the sky clean and save a lot of friends.
  14. Silkensmooth

How about you try flying before you talk about how bad flak is.

Air has no place in this game. It cant participate in large battles.

That seems to be the way the majority of the playerbase wants it, but its not really combined arms.

As a previous poster said, a single skyguard can keep the skies clear.

Still fun camping warpgates and flying behind enemy lines to avoid flak sometimes, but it should be that air has a place in big battles and we all know it doesnt.

Sorry that you think you should be able to kill ESF and libs all day with a super ultra low skill weapon, without risk of retaliation and because they can if they are quick, run away, you are saddened.

I'd love to see your videos of you flying in and owning skyguards and killing things in 96vs96 battles like the rest of the games units can do. I'm really curious how its done.
    • Up x 1