TORQ-9... What even are you?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by AngryPlayer, May 21, 2014.

1. SadeSkirata

The TORQ, as stated by many at this point, is comparable to the T1 cycler. It is not a specifically medium-long range weapon, rather it is great anywhere, close, medium, and even capable of poking out to long range. It is beast with headshots, and though I'm not a particularly skilled player, it's easy to get headshots compared to other weapons thanks to low recoil and the damage model combined with its ROF makes it kill roughly on par with a TRV headshot only. Not to mention it reloads almost a second faster than other TR assault rifles. You can kit it for anything you want, CQC, midrange fighting, long range, Frankenstein loadouts, anything. It is very accurate (whether I a or not XD) and I have never had too much trouble shooting across a base bursting about 7-10 bullets or so. I rarely ever use anything other than the TORQ now, simply because it is superior to the others IMO. Did I mention that it is the best suppressed assault rifle in terms of damage loss? No matter what, it is an 8 bullet kill, or a 9 bullet kill, and combine that with the high muzzle velocity, and you have a solid suppressed weapon. I mainly run 1X reflex, foregrip, SPA, and throw on a suppressor for enemy bases, and a IR-NV for special scenarios. What really sells it is how well it does everything. Heavy coming up? try to headshot him. someone shooting across the courtyard, use the accuracy to take him out. You may not be killing snipers with this thing, but you can handle anything that comes your way. (Maxes excluded, better off using C4 or heavy or another Max if you can, though do shoot it if you can. . .) I'm happy so many people think its bad, because that just means it might not get nerfed.
    When Five first started praising the gun, I didn't get it. Then I used the thing extensively. . .I am a converter! XD Now I'm preaching this gun to all mah buds! XD
  2. Jaedrik

Terrans have the best ARs, and that's not a bad thing, because, let's be honest, all guns should feel as sexy as the TORQ-9, T1 Cycler, SABR, etc.
  3. Corvus Corax

wut? I'm saying that we need people using the TORQ a lot more so we can get clearer numbers...duh?
  4. Nakar

Gentlemen, we need to start TORQing it. TORQ it until your samples are swollen and you can't even bring yourself to TORQ anymore.
    • Up x 1
  5. Valok

After an year or so of playing as NC (took a few months break) I'm finally about to hit 100 and I decided to try the other factions in depth while I wait for next 2xp (I'm NOT in the mood to grind 1.2kk of XP right now).

So I had this little TR character.. Dropped some SC in it and managed to get an almost fully certed medic. The first gun on the line (and probably the only that I'll ever user as a medic) is the TORQ. As someone that got used to slow-medium RoF guns with fairly interesting vertical recoil and CoF most of the times, I simply got :eek: the moment I fired the gun in live combat. Seriously, this thing is a face driller/melter/rapemachine/whatever at almost ALL ranges with 40 bullets and a fairly low reload time.

Don't like "sprinters" or ADADA pro's? That's ok, you can shake this babe up/down/left/right with your finger glued to the trigger and still their heads will regret the day they crossed your path.

Whatever. You can say that I'm overreacting simply because it is something "new" but the truth to me is, there are just way too many moments where I feel there I should be shooting more instead of healing because this thing is just deadly and I'll probably be supporting the team more if I'm using it.

Also, coming from the GR-22 at least.. I just love the sound of it.
  6. DatVanuMan

SOE logic regarding Terran weapons: HEY! Let's make a gun that has high velocity with an OVERWHELMING fire rate. It gets much less control issues than VS ARs despite the RoF, and its reload is as fast despite having 10 more bullets, too!
    Everyone ELSE: Why not, Higby? Another BRILLIANT idea! Let's go to work and supply our favorite faction with the best AR in the game. Because fak balance.
  7. SenEvason

I'll tell you what it is: my new favorite toy!
  8. Nakar

Hey now... the NC also get really good assault rifles!
  9. DatVanuMan

The Tross IS really good. Plenty of damage, the usual 30-bullet magazine, but the slowest RoF of any fully-automatic gun in the game. PLUS, it has such a sweet audio! It sounds like a WW1 MG, and that is sick. The Terminus I was hoping to be more unique, maybe it had some special trait or something. Possibly becoming more accurate the longer you fire it, at the cost of RoF. That would've been interesting:rolleyes:
  10. SadeSkirata

It has a very low FSM which allows it to easily chain burst fire for range or changing targets. It is especially good at chaining headshots for those with decent aim, which I can't always do myself. . .It also combines a fair damage model at 769 ROF with 143 dmg with a fast short reload of about 1.9s and low recoil. Very solid weapon for most anywhere you need it.
  11. Nakar

The Terminus has pretty high vertical recoil actually, 0.295 with a 2.5x FSRM. The TORQ also apparently has the same, but with an ever-so-slightly-lower vertical recoil of 0.29. The A-Tross is the one that has the low FSRM of the new ARs... but it also has 0.414 vertical recoil. Still, 0.414 with 1.33x is lower than 0.29 with 2.5x.
  12. SadeSkirata

*reads post, checks weapons stats again, facepalms* been looking at the pulsar C lately and got the FSM mixed up, idiot me! >.<
  13. DatVanuMan

Thing is, I don't think the Terminus is a Vanu weapon. The accuracy is, the damage, meh, but the RoF...:mad:
    After the Zenith (Which I liked to play with but didn't like statistically), I was hoping us VS would receive a Vanu-like weapon. The damage was okay (155, which I believe should be the average damage model for all VS weapons), had a very quick reload (The Terminus had one), was overwhelmingly accurate (The Terminus was MEH in this field) but the RoF was at 652-671, something like that. It would've been unique, as it would be the first weapon that has these stats in the game.
  14. squarebug

torq-9 feels okay i use iron sights/foregrip/SPA it's a laser but the 125 dmg as said before hits for kittens.
  15. Gary

The gun feels average. Unfortunately it does not feel like it excels at anything. The 125 damage hurts the weapon at all ranges for me this is what kills it. You are killed by anyone at any range who has as gun made for that range if they are of equal ability.

I take the sabre over the torq at any range...
  16. Nakar

It's supposed to be average, it's like the Carnage in function: A generalist weapon with more options than the default but not necessarily an upgrade to the default. The per-bullet damage of the TORQ (which is mostly a problem when facing Nanoweave; it's actually a relative advantage at longer range due to the lower proportionate drop in DPS), and its higher bloom per shot, is the downside it has compared to the Cycler. However, it is more versatile, reloads quickly, has much better attachment variety, and rewards headshots with a noticeably better TTK than a 143 damage weapon does.

It, like the Terminus, is a higher-skill-ceiling weapon. Unlike the Terminus, it is not an arguable straight upgrade to the default (Pulsar has very little on the Terminus, but the Cycler has higher bullet damage and DPM over the TORQ).
  17. Corvus Corax

Just run HSNV and hope you get headshots. You usually end up getting a few more than if you actively tried to hit enemy skulls.
  18. Goiiath

Decent at everything, best at none. Id still take the Cycler TRV/T1 Cycler over this gun.