TORQ-9... What even are you?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by AngryPlayer, May 21, 2014.

1. J.C Simonetti

Nerf Tross and give the TR some better shet.
  2. Nakar

The Cougar is awesome now, for pretty much the reasons the Tross is (insane DPM).

But yes, please don't nerf the TORQ. Its one weakness can be compensated for by skill, it's a monster in the right hands.
  3. Epic High Five

Also it's not a precedent I want set

I'm quite happy with my Tross, which has the DPM to one-clip MAXes with a huge margin of error, and a quick reload in case that margin is too slim
  4. Iridar51

Err what? It takes 50 bullets with 200 damage to kill a stock MAX. Or are you talking about hitting 25 headshots in a row?
  5. Epic High Five

By huge margin of error I mean 66% or so headshots, which isn't IMPOSSIBLE given the size of he target

My absolute confidence comes from the fact that there's likely going to be other sources of damage hitting it or it isn't going to be full health, in which case your sustained power is going to earn you the kill a lot of the time. A lot of my Tross kills so far are MAXes that really were not prepared to be endlessly assailed with hyper-accurate 200 damage rounds :D

Same reason that, ON PAPER, my slugMAX should get wrecked by other MAXes, but in fact it is the other way around.
    • Up x 1
  6. Iridar51

Compared to, say, SAW, how much more tross is really accurate?
    • Up x 1
  7. Epic High Five

It's not even comparable. If I had to make a number up, I'd say it's about 5x more accurate than SAW burst fire. It's more like a Reaper with less FSRM and less overall recoil on top of that given the lower rate of fire. This, of course, is on top of the Reaper DMR being stupidly beautifully accurate itself.

I'm rocking 25% on both overall accuracy and headshot % and DA still rates these as below average, which means that it's not uncommon AT ALL for people to be dumping mags into exactly what they're pointing at. Like with other 200 damage guns, just aim for the chest and let the gun do the rest of the work for you :D
    • Up x 1
  8. bubbacon

Yep, Cougar is the worst performing 167 Carbine imo game wide. Its not worth 1 Cert in its current state.
  9. cruczi

Uhuh. I get kills with it left and right, and being the only 167 damage carbine for TR, it's not a bad pick.
  10. Epic High Five

This

uh

This is an ironic post, right?
  11. Nakar

Sample sizes are a bit small, but at the moment the only 167 carbine outperforming the Cougar on DA's stat site is the Bandit. Both will probably normalize in performance with more users, but the Cougar has 2-3x as many users as the Bandit and Zenith. Roughly 100 people have auraxed the Cougar already, vs. 80 for the Bandit and 70 for the Zenith.

Also, slightly more TORQ auraxiums already vs. the Tross and Terminus.
    • Up x 1
  12. TeknoBug

Jeez do people really spend THAT much time playing the game?
  13. TeknoBug

:\ to me it's pretty identical to the Razor GD-23, which I use often on my NC, Cougar is now my TR engineer's main gun. What's wrong with it?

If you ask me, the Compact S is the worst performing 167 carbine.
  14. SharkSpider

Stats for new weapons always start high because the first people to break 500 are usually some of the best players in the game. Most people take a month or more to get there with the new guns, so you've got to wait a bit. Same story with high cert cost weapons as well, stats are inflated because they're usually someone's third or fourth gun in the category.
  15. bubbacon

Remember the Cougar is a "Premier" 167 Carbine that will cost your TR 1000 Certs. I agree, its a carbon copy of the Razor, but the Razor is still superior by Velocity @ 560. Compact S...better fire rate @ 577. How much will these 2 167 Carbines set your NC toon back? 250 Certs ??

Show me a 1000 Cert, 167 Carbine, with worse stats than the Cougar.
  16. Nakar

Show me a pink and polka-dotted elephant. You can't, any more than I can show you a 1000 cert 167 damage carbine that isn't the Cougar, because they don't exist.

That's like saying "The SAW is by far the worst 200 damage LMG." Technically true, but entirely misleading.
    • Up x 1
  17. bubbacon

Only 1 faction has 200 dmg LMGs, so its irrelevant.

All factions now have 167 Carbines and I simply do not understand why TR was given the worst of the lot. One would think that we could "at least" get the best on Fire Rate or Velocity.
  18. Nakar

Only one faction has a 1000 cert 167 carbine. It's perfectly relevant. You asked people to show you something that doesn't exist as though it proves a point about the weapon's effectiveness in comparison to other weapons, rather than merely its price. And price has never been an indicator of the effectiveness of a weapon (indeed, some of the best weapons in the game are absolutely free).
    • Up x 1
  19. geekrider

SSHHH!! What are you doing??Don't tell anyone!! They'll hammer it into the ground.
  20. PastalavistaBB

It's the fate of all new guns that are good at release, then after SOE sold enough of them, they'll get nerfed and a new, better gun will get released.