TORQ-9... What even are you?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by AngryPlayer, May 21, 2014.

1. AngryPlayer

857rpm with 125 damage model, 12rpm more than the TRV: Oh so you're a CQC gun right?

But your bullet velocity is 620m/sec! That's the same velocity as the SABR-13 and 20m/sec more than the AMR-66 (Battle Rifle). Crazy, maybe you're a long rage rifle?

Woah, you have the shortest reload time of all TR AR's. In fact, you have a shorter reload than the SMG-46 Armistice.

You also have access to every attachment except under barrel and 6x+ scopes.

Oh and a 2x burst fire mode.

The only thing you don't clearly outclass is hipfire, but even then, it's only a tad worse than CQC weapons. I'd really really like to grab this gun, but I fear SOE is going to change something. Anyone else feel this way?
    • Up x 4
  2. OddChelsea

It's an alternative to the stock T1 Cycler. A very, very good one. That's what it is. It may see some changes (as all new guns might) but it'll still probably be worth purchasing.
  3. johnway

I can't say how it will play out in the real game but having tested it in the VR room i have to say its a very flexible weapon. You could in theory have it work both ways. Add a foregrip to the weapon and its a surprising very good long range weapon. Its high rate of fire and accuracy makes it very nice to use.

One thing i never really liked about the TR medic weapons was that they were either geared completely to long range or really short ranges. This seems to be a cheap and efficient solution to getting the best of both worlds. Will i get the weapon? Not any time soon as i don't play medic as often as i do as HA. The default weapon is pretty decent whether i want to deviate from that i'm not sure. Its cheaper just to by the cyclers for a dirt cheap price and maintain use then buy a new gun.

The other thing that distracts me is the damage. Damn. Thats low almost to SMG levels and again i haven't used it in a real fight so it could all be good on paper and when targets are stationary with no other built in gear and such. But in reality...?
  4. Brenold

trialed it the day it came out... obviously didnt have any attachments or optics, but running it stock i found it to be very accurate and the recoil was very light and easy to control. the 2x burst mode sort of made me feel like i had a baby SABR for longer ranges and the high rate of fire on auto gives you an smg/lynx on cqc.. the best of both worlds, but it seemed to be significantly weaker in both instances than the sabr or lynx. i assume with HVA for the SABR mode and SPA for full auto it might boost damage high enough and if so that would be quite a nice gun.

reload speed and magazine size are unlike any other weapon.. reloads super fast and on full auto the magazine lasts slightly longer than with smgs... it's a good concession because i found myself reloading quite often because without headshos it takes a lot of bullets to take down one guy.. on full auto i felt like i had the rifle version of the mossies needler....
  5. PastalavistaBB

Is there any reason to spend 1430 Certs on the TORQ when you get the T1Cycler for free, which is a very versatile weapon?
  6. ARIES666

Unfortanetly i bought this sh*t :( and i can't kill any enemy((( I kill them if enemy without shield or beeing wounded. Why dump people decided to give torq-9 125 damage i don't know, but this damage is not enough even with such fire rate, it's still not enough. This is assault rifle, it must have 143 damage!!! WTF dear devs or who decided to **** this tr assault rifle?! I know how to shoot, and i hardly can kill anyone with this weapon from long or close distance. When i started to use torq-9 i've been killed by 6 br vs heavy in close range, and i tell u more, i cant kill in close range no heavies now! BUT new nc ar has 200 damage, and new vs ar has 143 damage. I have all of the TR assault rifles and torq-9 is the worst.
  7. TsubasaKuroi

Only have like 200 kills, not fond of it. Don't like the 125 damage model for anything but SMGs I suppose.

I'll end up auraxiuming it eventually, but the only thing I'm liking so far is the fast reload speed. The feel might be unique, but when it comes to effectiveness, I think I'll just stay with the T1 Cycler for all around stuff. Close range? TAR.
  8. Asharam

I'm not sure why some of you arn't finding this gun effective, but from my experience so far this gun performs quite well at anything from cqc to long medium range. I enjoyed it alot today.
  9. RockPlanetSide2

Even with a Grip and a Compensator its basically an Armistice that has Saber Rage and Accuracy, how can anybody find a problem with this gun? It is stupid good.

If you are not DESTROYING people with this gun it's simply your Accuracy keeping you down, and that is a personal issue not the gun's. I'm not saying you have to have 35%+, but if you are around 20% or lower this gun will appear to suck, but again, that's you not the gun.

And its sound effects are awesome.
    • Up x 2
  10. Kociboss

I think it's basically a headshot machine. It rewards you for accuracy and the recoil is controllable enough to pop some melons.
  11. InsaneLinguist

It really is. I trialed the gun yesterday and it was stupidly easy to score headshots even at longish range without attachments. And I really do like that lightning-fast (for TR gun) reload speed :D.
  12. EGuardian1

Just about every TR medic I fought today had this thing, and it's really goddamned annoying to fight against. It's good at just about all combat ranges, and with the ROF and accuracy, 125dmg is easily overcome.

It's a fantastic weapon and I completely expect it to get nerved somewhat - possible a bigger/faster cone of fire.
  13. Epic High Five

This is another gun that would be nerfed immediately if the NC or VS got it, but the TR will fumble it somehow and it will get pushed to the sidelines.

It's a weapon with literally zero downsides and zero situations it isn't going to be a beast in. It's WAY too good
  14. TeknoBug

Not interested in this gun, I took the bait on the TRAP-M1 and I can't stand that gun. Seems TR is on a trend of getting terrible or "refresh" guns, I already own the Armistice so if I want a gun like the Torq, I'll use the Armistice.
    • Up x 1
  15. PastalavistaBB

Then why I don't bother to cash in 1000+430 certs on this rifle when I already have the T1Cycler and the TAR? It's just not "The Ultimate AR" like you described it.
  16. Epic High Five

I've got one too you know

It's pretty much the best non-Reaper AR in the game
  17. BobSanders123

Its just a REALLY adaptable assault rifle.
  18. AngryPlayer

I think it's Malorns way of saying sorry for the CRAP-M1

Praise Malorn!
  19. OddChelsea

The TORQ isn't like the Armistice. Only in it's max damage... Why do people look at one stat and say it's like this or like this?
  20. DevDevBooday

Thats the thing though, it has no downsides but no upsides either.
    Without access to any advanced attachments is strictly a 'meh' gun for all situations.
    Thats what annoys me, that its 'specialty' is that it has access to both HVA and SPA.
    Whoopee, that really helps in a firefight, maybe if i could switch back and forth but in the end, you enter the fight with one or the other and having access to SPA ammo isnt going to make any difference when you are shooting someone with HVA.

I just wish they scrapped SPA and gave it an adv forward grip.
    • Up x 1