Top Player Kills: Mostly VS/TR and Faction most Killed: NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blue_Shift, Oct 18, 2014.

1. stalkish

Think you're in the wrong game, 5v5 infantry only is for other games.
    Sorry.
  2. stalkish

So my outfit has 2 active parts
    1 part is me and a few other who mainly play NC miller
    The other is a few TR who main on cobalt.

I went and played TR cobalt with them the other day and during discussion it was assessed that both the TR on Cobalt and NC on miller were pretty disorganised outside of a few outfit alliances and zergfits.
    Funny that, different servers AND different empires - same problems, zergs not listening and zergifts who think they are super leet awesome tactikool when theyre not.

Id say this thread is full of hyperbole and confirmational bias and ive seen no 'real' data to prove otherwise.

Also:
    Stats sites that remove certain stats for 'cheese' reasons are probably the most pointless websites that exist imo. Creating a website that emphasises your own style of play (your choice) over another persons choice just to say 'i am better than you' help nothing gameplay or balance wise, and only exist to bolster the creators ego or help with their insecurities.

Do i think NC are UP compared to TR and VS? No idea, ive far too little info to make that assumption, doubt it tho tbh.
    As to why i think more NC have been killed within the entire games history (assume this was all-time stats the OP looked at) o i dont know, maybe because NC have had 0 infantry farming weapons since release compared to certain vehicle weapons on TR and VS.
    • Up x 2
  3. nehylen

I'm going a bit sideways there, but is that really the sentiment on cobalt-TR? I'm a lone wolf, i barely look out at outfit names, but as a VS i've often been under the impression that 50/50 fights went more TR's way than ours, so i assumed they were more organised. Might not be as true for the pure zergfests, as i usually tend to avoid them, but for any small to medium size engagement, that's been my sentiment to this point, so i'm a bit surprised with that assertion.
  4. ZomboWTF

biolabs

NC Maxs

you're welcome
  5. stalkish

Yes there will be some organisation, maybe its changed recently.
    Point is youll always find areas where there is organisation and areas where there seems to be none, all servers suffer from this hot and cold environment, no1 plays 24hrs a day, only SOE know who 'wins the most' and ive not seen data to support any claims of NC are crap players with no leadership. It just simply isnt true.
  6. stalkish

Defo not.
    instgib 1 troop ye, slaughter masses of infantry 100s at a time, nope.
    I refer you to release HE prowler, you could kill entire platoons for fun with it, hence the disaprity in NC being farmed compared to TR.
    VS have also had the PPA since release and got ZOE v1 for a little bit which more than equalled the scat max scores at the time, adding more to the disparity.

NC have had the cannister and Titan HE......
    Scat max is awesome i dont deny, but saying its on any level near what HE prowlers were is blind.

Id be willing to be the kills / deaths of each empire over the last month would be much more similar to each other than all-time since release.
  7. Xasapis

PPA was by far the worst AI weapon in the game, which is why it was hardly used before pretty much everything else got nerfed.

People have short memories, but Fury first and Marauder later were leagues better than PPA ever was. Then again, we're talking about the era of air domination and explosive damage that was a lot more effective than today. Even the hand held items, like the under barrel grenade, were better than today's vehicle mounted AI guns.
    • Up x 1
  8. ZomboWTF

prime example of bias, everyone
  9. stalkish

Put the ***** pitch fork down ffs.
    Did you even attempt to understand what i was saying?
    Fury was / is avail to all factions so makes no diff in overall deaths,
    Marauder only avail to TR, meaning TR will get more infantry kills than an empire who has the canister since launch.

I also doubt very much PPA was worse than launch canister.

Im not saying anything is easy mode, your ego is ok dont worry.
    Im saying the TR and VS have enjoyed particularly good infantry farming weapons whilst NC have not, this could explain the disparity between NC deahts and TR/VS deaths.
    Im only attempting to explain what the OP perceives as UP NC in a way that doesnt dipict the NC as UP, do you realy want me to jump on the NC UP bandwagon aswel?
  10. stalkish

So the cat max is as good as HE prowler at release?
    Answer that, dont try and discredit with bull, just answer the question.
    Im not biased in the slightest, and im actualy trying to give a reason why the NC (according to the OP) may seem UP BUT ARE NOT. I dont see how thats biased i realy dont.

Also do youself a favour and look up some of the vids of prowler at release, it was ridiculous. The scat max was never that good.

Just so you can understand how the leaderboards work (which is what the OP is referring to):
    The players at the top will use whatever farming method is the most affective atm. They will spend hrs and hrs and hrs online using the same OP weapon of the month in order to inflate their kills immensely.
    At release TR used HE prowlers
    When ZOE released VS used ZOE, now its PPA, when thats nerfed (wrongfully imo) theyl use the next best farming tool.
    All empires used zepher / rocket pods at launch to farm, only increasing stats more and more.
    VS had op mag at launch that would have helped.
    NC have had nothing that has been leagues above the rest for AI farming, you say bio lab scat max, even if that is true thats 3 bases on each cont, leaving how many for the HE prowler to farm, or the PPA?

Theres simply too much to consider if you look at overall kills and deaths per empire, heck the scythe had a bug at one point where it would fire multiple rockets at once, giving it am almost instagib against infantry, that has to be taken into account, the phoenix 1 hitting troops (for 1 week) has to be taken into account.

Theres no bias here, just a want to explain why there is the disparity the OP sees. I could have said yes yes the NC is UP, stats clearly show it, that would have been bias, since i would have been drawing a conclusion in my favour without considering the facts, i have not done that, infact the only conclusion i have drawn is that the 'stats' the OP refers to drawn no conclusions at all.
    • Up x 1
  11. Moonheart

My theory is that the video presentation of the NC empire is prone to attract teenagers, that would be caught by the "badass" style.... and thus, NC is plagued with more childs than other factions.

But those are just theories... you can't get any significant conclusion only looking at "top things". Statistics only have value when evaluated on a large population. Evaluation made on 50 people means absolutly nothing.
  12. stalkish

Its an interesting theory, but in my experience the TR and VS talk as much crap on the yell as the NC.
    90/10 pop ratios and theyl say 'git gud NC scrubs' or 'learn to play lemmings' not the sort of stuff a well matured playerbase does. Banter is one thing, abusive yells about getting good from people who have an 80% pop advantage is another.
    This alone suggests the disparity between ages and empires doesnt exist.
  13. Agnt

Reason for most kill leaderboards are topped by TR is the banshee. Its blatantly overpowered one man infantry farming gun when compared to other ESF AI weapons.

Reason for NC having least kills however is a little bit more difficult to explain.
    NC has zero 5m+ infantry "farming" weapons. Canister is worthless, Airhammer is joke versus infantry(yea i know its better at AA work then AI work, but its still worthless on the primary role), Vanguard HE has 10x longer proximity TTK compared to Prowler HE and 5x longer TTK compared to Magrider.

NC infantry can be farmed from 250m+ with any vehicle, as there is no anti-tank weapon capable of hitting anyone with brains unless you count the raven max(reason why its spammed).

NC infantry can be pinned down by both other factions as they have much, much better AI ability on all vehicles. When TR/VS can pin the NC down in spawnroom, NC has to do everything on foot, thus requiring always major overpopulation to cap a base or major overpop to break out from lockdown.

NC has the most useless ESF for air-to-air combat. Yes i know reaver is the best ganking plane, but ganking does not win you air superiority.

Only place where NC can shine is either biolab or subterranial grenade analysis. This is just because the vehicles are out of play and equal numbers means equal power standing. This is also only place where our scatmax can get into 5m range and use the overpowered shotgun into 2-3 poor souls and then die into 4th persons C4 while the magazines are empty.

Those who blaim NC for being idiot for farming biolab, are the idiots. NC who are farming the biolab are the smart ones, because they are selecting the only fight where NC has an equal fighting chance.
  14. Xasapis

I'm only pointing out that the increase in PPA usage is a relatively recent phenomenon, since there were far better options available than PPA at the time. Only when those options were diminished in strength, PPA started appearing as an appealing option.
    • Up x 1
  15. ZomboWTF

mostly right, though if there is no vehicle farming and NC gets their organisation or Raven MAXs together, it's still pretty equal

Raven MAX has the highest damage output while still being very good at further ranges, while comets/pounders can't really engage far targets and Vortex has not such a beastly damage potential

teamwork is op, and while playing NC i see the least enemy sunderers popped and focused and the most medics rushing Lightnings with c4 from the front (lol)
  16. Niamar

Do not balance the game based on the top or bottom 10%.
    • Up x 4
  17. Draczar

From what I can gather, at least on Miller the "top players" of each faction are predominantly ESF pilots which leads me to the conclusion that the only "balance discrepancies" you can gather from those stats is how the three ESFs stack up against each other in farming potential. They use things like Light Assault drifter jets to redeploy in the air and deny kills, which skews their KDR because they just vanish mid air.

But really, talking balance based on the top players is ignoring the differing contexts in which they occur, are these people solo players or are they running with outfit-mates who compliment their stat farming and lots of stuff that differs from an individual basis.
  18. GhostAvatar

I assume you are looking at the top 50 by score. Then the reason why so few NC are at the top is because TK dosnt give XP. Yes! even NC top kills are against NC :p
  19. stalkish

Yes i agree with that.
    But what did NC fall back on after said nerfs? Another reason why there might (again no evidence given aside from OPs top 50) be more NC deaths than TR or VS.
    But TBH i think the top 50 has alot more to do with raw playtime than anything else, if you played for 15hrs a day at launch and spent the entire time in a lib with a zepher youd have got 1000s of kills in the first few hours, imagine what youd have doing it for weeks / months and then switching to the HE prowler cannon after, ye lots and lots of kills.

Dont mistake my intentions, Like i said previous, i dont feel UP fighting as NC or OP fighting as TR and VS, the reasons for this disparity are beyond a simple this faction is UP statement. Thats all i was trying to point out.
  20. Juunro

There was no point in the entire history of Planetside where the PPA was worse then the Canister launcher.

It only didn't see use because the Saron was always an effective infantry killer until very recently.