Top Player Kills: Mostly VS/TR and Faction most Killed: NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blue_Shift, Oct 18, 2014.

1. xDesideratus

It counts vehicles killed, sadly not sundies in particular. You also must have missed the part where I mentioned other stats, of which KDR is only one; Sundie busting may hurt KDR, but it doesn't touch anything else at all. You can contribute to the fight, and even kill sunderers, without being otherwise awful! Spooky, but true~

[IMG]

Umm, congrats on being aggressively mediocre? The first year I played I did so at 15FPS due to a terribad GPU (Nvidia GT460, lmbo) and you're comparable to my earliest guns from those days. Also, Most of my guns have A or M rated kills per hour, which you can't get unless you play aggressively and move around the map a ton, so I guess there goes your idea that I sit in spawn all day!

Here's the rub: The whole reason I brought stats into it is that you're making a huge, sweeping generalization about the NC, and its balance as a whole, when you only use one gun (and aren't even very good at it!) If you had anything approaching a reasonable usage of NC guns, I'd let it slide, but you're a totally average player who only does one thing, you have no basis to spout off. My old BR50 NC alt (RIP) had auraxed more guns than you. My entire problem with what you've said is that you can't talk about the balance of NC gear without talking out of your ***, because you don't use any of it; If you'd used most available guns, even if you did poorly, I'd have let it slide because hey at least you tried.

Also since this is getting combative I would just like to say that most GOKUs are p. cool and you shouldn't take my being an ***hole as something that is, in any way, representative of the outfit. TIA~
    • Up x 1
  2. FieldMarshall

Could be as easy as NC starter LMG is harder to use when you play for the first time. Something like that could skew the stats.
    People playing for the first time as HA could be more easily farmed, and over a long period of time the stats should show more NC deaths.

Or the loading screen showing NC. More new players subconsciously join NC and gets farmed by more experienced players.

Im not saying that this is what happened, but i dont think its so shallow as "NC UP, buff plz"
    • Up x 1
  3. xDesideratus

Absolutely agree, I've even said a few times on these very forums that while the SAW owns bones and is an amazing gun, it's a very specialized weapon (Long-range, high damage) and the starter should be a more forgiving generalist weapon like the EM6 or GD-22S; I mean the other specialized 200-damage guns aren't starters either, so I have no idea why the SAW is, considering the Orion and CARV are both forgiving and flexible guns.

I also think the problem is server-dependent, and the most complaints come from Emerald NC; I'd argue their biggest problem is no real competent outfits (especially for new players), just zergfits like PHX, SubG, and PotP that give minimal knowledge and impart lots of bad strategy.

EDIT: I will say that BAX is a great outfit, and CML is quite good about tactics and movement even if they have some sub-par players (But for some reason, they encourage rocket-primarying; My flak 5 thanks you for the free kills while you reload o7) and GOON is uh, okay I guess even though their map movement leaves a lot to be desired. If you're Emerald NC try for these guys, I know GOON at least will take anyone (Message IGROWWEARYOFTHISWORLD, he's a bad poster but a cool guy!).
    • Up x 2
  4. Auzor

/Raises hand:

Pretty bad-average player here.
    Started NC few months ago, first fps in years.
    Yep, started as NC.
    The worst part about playing as NC?
    The random crap.
    I've just logged out again.

Spawn into a spawnroom, get C4'd by friendlies.
    Charge out of spawnroom, get shot in the back by friendlies. I understand I'll take the occasional friendly round (which I also give out freely..) but when I'm killed and I see on the death screen 67% of damage done by a friendly.. yeah, no miracle an enemy can take me out. At that point, one headshot with an automatic weapon does the trick.
    Save a friendly from an infiltrator behind him, friendly turns around, still opens fire.
    Run past friendly C4 on the ground, NC dude presses detonator. Great job dude.
    Do 'peek-and-shoot' with a AP-lightning. Sure enough, a friendly rams me forward from behind, next cover is 50m away. Well hello enemy cannons. This is soo typical. More common is simply blocking of the reverse path, denying retreat.
    Trying to sneakily outflank enemy position as a heavy to lay down the pain. Friendly's open fire on me from a distance, so much for sneaking. Respawn, managed the ouflank, good spot, kill 4 enemies, get headshot by a friendly, higher battlerank than me. I'm sorry, do my tracers look purple to you?
    On a bridge, pas tons of dudes on the bridge (10-20!), all looking to one side, down below where 3 or so terrans are. Infantry, a max.. whatever. Meanwhile, from the enemy side of the bridge, TR advance and mop up one part of bridge after another. I plink one rocket into a tank, fire a few rounds at infantry, but go splat pretty quickly.
    Spawn from a deployed sundy, instant run-over by a friendly, plenty of room (and better cover..) around. Siiigh.

More recent: Enemy heavy shields glowing blue. Maaaan... the amount of people I didn't open fire on, then friendly heavies I did open fire on.. aaargh. Affected all factions.
    Flipping a lightning on it's head on what.. a 20%-25% incline? Something as flat as a lightning would have a low centre of gravity, it should be very difficult to flip.
    Default Gauss Saw is a beast, as mentioned.
    The phoenix still often drops like a glowy paper ball.

IMO: lots of players are F2P. The NC default camo is easily the worst camo. Even with camo, there is no hiding the yellow engineer backpack for example.

NC are the faction attracting most 'newbies' (in casu: me :p) but the weapons are the most noob-unfriendly.
    Even the mercenary and the gauss rifle, being good default weapons, and good weapons overall, have lower RoF than the default TR and VS weapons. Great if your aim is good. If not, well..

I also have a Vanu and TR alt, play mostly NC-Vanu. And tbh: when I play NC, I play it for the chaaarge tossing out heavy dmg bullets.
    That said, all factions have their share of 'special' people.
    And NC actually does have some good players; DR3House? on miller seems to run platoons pretty good.

TL;DR: it is quite possible even NC kills mostly NC :D
    • Up x 2
  5. Tasp

This is, unfortunately very true on Connery NC, especially if you are anywhere near a fight that's platoon sized or bigger. Worst part of it is some of it is downright malicious. My outfit had to defend itself against NC who were constantly attempting to C4 us while we were baiting enemy Air and Armor to soften them up before assaulting the next base. There were no other enemies around us, and they continued to return after we started to defend ourselves.
  6. Goretzu

There is a dose of that sometimes, I think, a lot of people thought the NC were purposely nerfed before release to counter their likely popularity (see PS1).

PS1 actually showed the issue very well, with exactly the same build at exactly the same time the NC were dominant on the US server (on the EU it was more NC & VS mostly due to VS being very organised compared to NC's higher population) and on the Asian servers VS were totally dominant.

It would also likely explain why SOE have been very, very reticent to ever buff the NC (the NC have never really had buffs - even the "NC buff patch" was 2 tiny NC buffs and 90% the TR and VS overperforming weapons being nerfed).
  7. Goretzu

What?

Strongest MAX - no, but I can see how you might argue that.

But....

Best overall infantry weapon selection - as we've seen repeatedly that is balanced pretty well:

Best tank? o_O What? toe to toe? Maybe. In general the Van has never outperformed either the Mag or Prowler at ANYTHING! (and has underperformed against them at everything at one time or another)

Best ESF for AV/AA? Arguable at the very very best, whilst best ESF for AI? Clearly not.
  8. FocusLight

Putting words in my mouth won't earn you any favors. I said I play TR because the faction suits me the best. I like the style and the feel of it, I like it's lore setting - out of the 3 choices it's the better one out there, IMHO. I like the MAX's design, I like the Mossie's design, I like the colour pallet, I like the tune of the call-outs, I like the music. NC has freaking country/western music. NO THANK YOU.

Next time, read what I write, and if your unclear on what I mean, ASK ME. Making foolish assumptions based on your own biases won't get you very far.

As for you, Munroe...

You have maxs that are good for breaching and within 3 m of a target. They are called Mattocks. They extend your kill-range to well into the 20-30 meter range, but guess what? You got to shoot more bullets to kill there, and it takes longer. That goes for TR and VS MAX'es as well. Nothing long range to lock down areas. Slugs do very well to slice off some short range killing potential for long-range entertainment, that is more than you can do for the other faction's MAX'es, at the ranges where Mattock slugs are still rather accurate TR/VS AI weapons have horrible COF. That means they are ALWAYS in C4 range Good luck getting that C4 blown up though, I've tried many times, the TTK on Scat-MAX'es inside C4 range is so horribly fast I often waste a blick of C4 because I get it out and then the MAX sees my way or steps beyond the corner and while I see the ghost of the MAX in the doorway, he's already killed me and pressing the button never registers because suddenly, I'm insta-dead.always also limited on holds and strategic situations where a long range dmg dealing would be of massive benefit. Like I said, slugs. Also, the NC MAX has a specific role to play in it's faction and the TR and VS MAX'es have theirs. NC MAX'es for AI work are shock-troopers and do that better than anyone else, TR MAX'es don't do nearly as much alpha and have far more sustained damage, tihs is good for supressing and wittling down opponents at medium range. The TTK at close range actually means that a TR MAX can get C4'ed in a situation where an NC MAX would insta-kill the infantry with the brick.
    You have an empire specific weapon that is outclassed and damaged by every shotgun in the game. Are you honestly trrying to tell me the Jackhammer is worse off than all other infantry shotguns in the game? Because that's my weapon of choice for CQB work on my NC toon, the fact you got a shotgun loaded with 12 rounds when extended mags are equipped (why would you not do that?) and have the best accuracy available. That makes it more accurate than a pump-action, has the same ammo as the best semi-auto shotgun (12 rounds is the best shotgun magazine size in the game) and you can either semi-auto shoot for massive damage and accuracy - relatively speaking- in close to mid range engagements, or you can press B for a three-round burst - a BURST FIRE SHOTGUN - that will drop any infantry at close range if you hit. Also since the last patch with this weapon getting hit at all will prevent even 1 of your rounds from hitting (thanks SOE). You provide no detailed info on what this bug supposedly does and you use a bug, an UNINTENTIONAL condition, to heap dirt on your own faction heavy weapon.

I think you need to go play a little TR and VS for a few weeks and see that the grass is not greener. I main TR but I play all factions (know your enemy and all that) for instance, it seems you don't know that the stats on all infantry shotguns besides the Jackhammer are identical. The high-cap Semi-auto has the same stats across the factions, the rapid-fire pump-action has the same etc. etc. Your Jackhammer is unique. The Only NC specific weapon you get to complain about is the Phoenix for it's bugged state, every second rocket seem to not be remote controlled or just explode after firing, especially if you are shooting through a shield.

You have a weapon that requires allot of skill to be equally matched against the other 2 empires guns as a starting weapon. The Ghauss SAW fires bullets that do 200 damage inside of 10 meters. Nevermind the 500 RMP, that's the only thing holding it back from being an EASY TO USE death machine in CQB. When I started playing live after maining TR in the beta I played NC upon the request of my IRL friends. I had bad latency and bad graphics because my PC at the time was 5 years old and massively outclassed by PS2's needs. The Ghauss SAW was my crutch to get past my noobishness and my latency handicap. I had a positive K/D when I took a 2 month break, how many fresh players with bad PC's can brag about that? Fact of the matter is, the Ghauss SAW only require 5-6 shots to the chest - Gods help the poor guy if you score a headshot - and that will usualyl do the job. Unless you are outclassed by a far more CQB oriented weapon your highly likely to win the shoot-out.
    You have an aircraft that flys like a brick and can easily be outmatched by equal pilot skills in the other 2 ESF's every time. Hyperbole. It don't seem to bother pilots like Matti very much, and I've met plenty of NC pilots who can easily hold their own. The Reaver flies differently - the Mossies is faster, the Scythe is more agile, the Reaver has far better afterburner power and duration. All the different ES weapons on it work differently. Like all other aircraft the Reaver is a learn-to-fly-it issue.

Im not patting myself on the back either just pointing out that the argument of skill and tactics used in this forum as justification for statistical results is utter BS. You gave us a tired tirade of how NC is underpowered and whine whine whine, the usual stuff, and then you say my explanation (among others) is BS? You have yet to explain why that is. I alone gave you a series of good reasons. The overall effectiveness of a faction goes down the more people play it, this is a known statistical fact. Just look at the overall "performance" of any starter gun vs, I dunna, burst-fire guns. For instance, the Trac-5 is the gun that every TR noob starts with on two classes, all the misses those noobs do with those will drag it's stats down. The Trac-5B is used almost exclusively by auraxium hunters who use it as well as they can when they are usually seasoned players in order to auraxium it for their directives. As such it sees way more effective use - by a vastly smaller group.

If you want to argue the points made to explain the OP's question, feel free to start proving people like me wrong.

If it was up to me allot of the traits from PS1 weapons would be reintroduced into the game instead of this whole Counter Strike (Thanks Wisenhunt) instagib festival. PS1 and PS2 are two very different games and a clean stat transplant won't do anything good for this game. Beyond that, it's a thousand year to early for someone who has not evne used his own NC Scatt-MAX very long to whine about insta-gibbing in this game. For that, you will have ot go have fun ina bio-farm against NC as either TR or VS for a few hours, see how you like the constant MAX-spam. This way faction traits would stand out and being the shotgun empire (which clearly means nothing atm due to TTK) Common misconseption, the NC is not the "shotgun empire" you are the Corporate Oligarchy Coil-gun Empire. The RailJack, being a railgun, is more in-line with the NC spirit than shotguns. would be more apparent and have more meaning. The guy who's empire toots the lofty ideals of "freedom" and "independence" complains about having meaning to playing NC. You get by far the most publicity out of the 3 empires, likely because it's easier for SOE to smooth over the bad sides of the NC and hype their propaganda than it is to sell the good sides of the TR and VS.

Also factional history or players it draws simply has nothing to do with this at all. Yes it does. The number of players you get reflect the statistical chance that you will get more high-end players, because with a greater pool of players comes a greater number of people who stick around until they get very high-end. The fact you lack in high-end outfits is directly to blame on your own factional trends towards yolo-solo running and individualism being rampant in your faction. It's also harder to maintain a higher K/D when you get TK'ed more by your own side, and that too is statistically proven to be the case.There are players of equal skills across all empires. Yes there is, but skill does not equal a high K/D, and the top 50 list only shows the top 50 highest K/D's. IIRC the highest K/D person in PS2 history is a TR player on Miller called Daddy. Daddy used to run with his lol-pod mossie all the time and farm. It was the on thing he did, ahe would bail out of his ejection-steat mossie once the going got tough and log off to avoid a death. IIRC he quit playing when doing that would no longer erase his death from ending on the scoreboard. To my knowledge no-one has yet to top his extremely over-inflated K/D for being a worthless one-trick pony that never offered anything of use to his faction. Any NC player that works as a team wth other NC alyers are better than Daddy, regardless off K/D. No more or less either way just people shooting guns in a video game. The results directly reflect weapon balance trying to say anything otherwise is not only flawed but opinionated and stupid. Weapon performance stats are reflected by the number of people using them and the effectiveness they sue them with. See my Trac-5 vs Trac-5B example above. The Trac-5 is a far more reliable and easy to use weapon than the Trac-5B, but the Burst version sees extremely little use - by a considerably more skilled user-base, ergo it's stats are inflated, and the Trac-5's stats are deflated by is extremely wide use by low-end users who often enough just started playing PS2 and indeed, their first FPS, inside of the last week.

Hell, another example would be the PPA. It's technically not overpowered as such, but it's so extremely easy to use that it's a very reliable weapon, ergo it get's used so very, very much. You should know what you speak off before you open your mouth.[/quote]
  9. zu2

In the top 50 killers, you should get 16-17 of each faction. In reality you have 15 NC, 15 TR, and 20 VS. The NC in the top 50 seem to focus a lot on TR. Are TR easier to kill for NC? So for TR, it is quite easy to imagine that many will be killing more NC than VS because the NC are coming after them way more than they are going after VS. I am one of the few TR who have killed more VS than NC. In my view, this is mainly due to the fact that in the past, before the server merge, there were substantially more Vanu available to be killed on Matherson.

Based on the comments from NC to this thread, I have to shake my head at all the tking they seem to endure. Intentional tks seem much less prevalent on Emerald TR comparatively speaking.
  10. dragonwinds

NC tends to get the most newer players, so NC tend to be easier to farm.
  11. Corporate Thug

Yours is only 3 dude. Not to mention your most used weapons and classes. Maxes, vehicles and Hero Heavy Assualts, cause they're so hard and not the easiest things in the game right? Stats mean nothing, nor what you choose to do with your time. Arguing about who plays video games better must be over my head, because I don't get it, especially when everything that's being argued is opinionated and subject to SOE's interpretation of their data, which will more than likely produce subjective results.
  12. Igmaruckfed

In all honesty stats are pointless in Planetside. Your K/D isn't the Meta in this game. The Meta is working within an Outfit to bring about the ruin of your enemy. Whether by Outmaneuvering, Out thinking, or Out gunning them. The real name of the game in this one Team Work. Which ironically can't be tracked. You only notice it when you see those Valks swoop in and drop a full load of Sundy busters on the AMS that's feeding the attack on your base. Or the lone MAX that rushes a locked down room in order to unplug the gap for the friendlies to push through.

In all honesty you get a lot more points working as a team to take objectives than you will just going solo. Having problems with your Outfit getting your butt kicked? Learn strategy and tactics and keep at it. Find out who runs objectives on your server and get in touch with them. Join them or ask for guidance but don't just trying to be Spawn Warrior when you could be the guys kicking in the enemies teeth so that the Empire can push them back.

Want a good example? Look at PG. We aren't the best, we don't have the highest K/D, but I'll be damned if we don't show up and push fights either way through sheer force of will, determination, and herding. If your on Connery NC we're usually the guys popping Sundies, smashing room holds, locking down points, or generally spreading hate and discontent.
  13. v3rt160

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  14. vanu123

This is a special kind of stupid.
    • Up x 2
  15. vanu123

NC have the most faction diversity from 200 damage LMGs to 845 fire rate carbines and a sniper rifle with almost no drop. Buff VS
  16. Xasapis

You are hilarious.

To answer the OP, NC are the most killed faction because NC have traditionally been the most populated faction in he history of PS2.
  17. Bankrotas

Well that doesn't work for Miller though. TR had as much longer overpop on Miller as far as I remember.
  18. Xasapis

True, but Miller is just one server located in EU. I'd say that the NC overpopulation originates from the US servers.
  19. Bankrotas

Yeah. But I would be glad for more indepth statistics from devs about this though
  20. Atis

Neither, Papa Vanu guarantees that.

NC guns are good but they were spoiled by Higbyside.