Top NC Players' Top Weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RobotNinja, Aug 21, 2013.

1. lilleAllan

Magshot is great. Good damage / shot, good firerate, good reload,15 round clip makes it fairly forgiving to use.
  2. JonboyX

I share similar views. And actually high damage guns translate to, in reality, 33 points of damage. Whoop. Hard hitting only really helps if it really causes the enemy to flinch so much that landing a shot stops them landing one back. Or has the chance to "critical". Otherwise it's all about rof/dps in games as the simplified armour system - where hard hitting bullets would come in to their own in real life - just soak up x damage regardless of what hits them and at what angle.

They could make high rof unmanageable at full auto, but I think whilst probably more realistic, would spoil the game.

Net result; everyone migrates away from low rof --> Mercenary and GD-7F and EM6.

Starter for 10. It's a great subject: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution
    Whether you were serious or not, supporting maths always makes for a more robust argument.
  3. Aegie

I agree- I was really disappointed to learn that for all the "hard-hitting" the NC does they often have the lowest DPS weapons. Very deceptive to the point where people still make this confusion "but nu-uh NC do the most damage".

I do not think they need to make weaker full auto weapons unmanageable because (as I have learned) it is pretty frustrating to use junky items. I do think, however, that they need to take a closer look at how the ROF/Damage trade off plays out balance wise because there are several issues (like "overkill" and the NW5 dilemma) that would seem to indicate things are a little off.

Personally, I think they just overestimate the advantage of a little extra damage per shot and underestimate the advantage of having a bullet hose. I do think that low ROF "hard-hitting" weapons should result in greater theoretical DPS- in large part because this just what intuitively people would expect from "hard hitting" and is what they would expect to be trading in the ROF to acheive. Well, that and the laundry list of other reasons I have already posted. If that is too much, however, then, at this point, I would take just about anything from lessening some of the host of drawbacks present with low ROF weapons to giving us a little more ammo.

Perhaps I am mistaken and it is all in my head but I really do not find it very surprising that TR has had the best overall faction performance since launch (and even since flinch-fix).
  4. Goretzu

The only "NC" weapon that really works is the NC6, and even then only really as a long range stationary defensive weapon (it does have a very high skill ceiling in other forms of combat, but being "amazing" with the NC6 doesn't mean you'll be better than being "good" with something else), where as in general the EM6 is the better all-round weapon (even after its nerf).

The "NC" hard hitting carbine (AC-X11) and pistol (Rebel) just suffer for it (not sure about AR as I've rarely used it) and whilst the Cyclone certainly has niche (because it actually has high DPS) use it is not (IMO) generally better than the Blitz (or other faction SMGs) in most situations and is quite limited in some situations.
    • Up x 1
  5. hostilechild

I see this all the time when i switch from NC to go play VS/TR to test something out. As NC in big fights with running targets they can get behind cover or run 20m during my shooting them or if they stand still actually turn and shoot or move before they die. With VS/TR they don't get 5m, usually die before they move. Lag and hit detection is brutal on some weapons.

Oddly enough there is very little difference between my KD across all 3 factions, (NC=2.2, VS=2.3, TR=2.5) although my NC is far more certed with a couple thousand max kills and is lowest of 3. No max use on VS/TR Suggesting its pretty well balanced.
  6. Blazini

They all pretty much suck compared to TR and VS guns ...
  7. Jaquecz

NC Infantry combat protip:
    Aim for the head
    Seriously Aim for the head
    I used my Gauss SAW like that and the only things I saw were dead people and XP.
    Also Air-Combat for NC sucks, just pull a burster max to sucessfully get rid of all ESF and Liberator related problems.
  8. SolidSnake

I thought all NC players used the Gauss Saw. Medics, Engineers, hell even Infiltrators run around with Saws, isn't that right VS?
  9. Moukassin

yeah i confilm that the EM6 is by far the best all around LMG
    Gd7f is awesome in 1vs1 fights so you feel more confident to use it but you get more sustained fire with the razor GD-23, that's the one a use.
    Gauss compact S is on that top 5 only for the UBGL attachement

here is my EM6 montage
  10. dragonwinds

The reason people complain about other weapons being OP is the rate of fire and nano-weave. level 1 requires one more shot to kill, and the higher ROF weapons deliver those bullets faster in a shorter period of time than most NC weapons, so in CQC, where most bullets hit, the TR or VS might have a TTK advantage with a higher fire rate.