Top NC Players' Top Weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RobotNinja, Aug 21, 2013.

1. MykeMichail

Except its harder to control, has only 30 rounds in the magazine instead of 40, and barely takes less time to reload unlike most 30 round weapons.
    • Up x 3
  2. RHINO_Mk.II

For the record, hacksaws are trash now except in the 0-8m bracket, if you want to do anything beyond 10m use mattocks.
    • Up x 1
  3. Fang7.62

The S version stands for the Shizzle, it really owns in mid range, nice dmg, nice recoil, nice velocity and I always use it with smoke launcher for the lulz. *note to self: play more medic*
  4. Unclematos7

Because forumside.
  5. Epic High Five

Owns in close range too if you're good with an underbarrel grenade :D The combination of directional recoil+almost no first shot recoil+ 167-143 damage tier is just wonderful.
  6. Fang7.62

In this case it was probably just the statistics, it was and still is crazy popular and good. It still dissolves ppl in cqc just the recoil now has a lot of wank so its worse in midrange, got almost 2k kills with it so now I'm sticking with merc for midrange work until I get auraxium, then its cyclone time.

Oooh and the sound of GD-7F firing, just the sound itself makes the weapon so fun to use. When you pull the boomswitch on that you know stuff is gonna die.
  7. Lagavulin

Come off it, NC have just as many great guns!

I play all 3 factions, and NC are still my favourite. Sure, there are TR and VS guns I'd like to have, but when I play either of those factions there are NC guns I'd like to have! Swings and roundabouts ...
    • Up x 2
  8. Kn4ck3br0d37

Thank you for saying that.

It's getting a bit tiresom to hear how faction X's guns are the worst in the game and at such a disadvantage that people's KD would go up by 13,37 if only they could use faction Y and Z's guns. It's starting to get really old. I like the EM6 but the GD-22S almost FEELS better, you know? It's nice to use. Havn't tried much vanu but the Orion is nice. All their guns sound so pleasant now. For TR I'd have to say TAR is one of my definate favourites. MSW-R for LMG's alongside the TMG-50.

Also, funny how if you type in "Planetside 2 [FACTION] u" in google the first suggestion for that U is Underpowered on all factions except vanu wich is "use only" (and you all know where that leads).

Seriously.. that sig is hilarious

Also OP, intresting post.
  9. Aegie

Or all the other weapons are too bad.
    • Up x 1
  10. lilleAllan

I've been playing more and more medic. I have basically no interest in being support, healing people and that, but the NC Assault Rifles are amazing.

Carnage BR? Awesome
    GR-22? Awesome.
    Gauss Rifle? Weapon of the Gods.
  11. lilleAllan

Too bad at CQC at least.

Example. TR has three viable options for CQC in Lynx, Jag and Trac 5.

NC basically has GD-7F.
    Merc is decent at best in CQC. AC-X11 and Razor are bad.
    • Up x 1
  12. Fang7.62

Nah other carbines are pretty good, even the default ones. Their problem is just that they arent very cqc oriented. TR carbines have better hipfire CoF and the RoF also helps, but lasersight on the NC carbines compesates for that, foregrip isnt really needed, NC guns have really mild horizontal recoil, TR guns have it worse and some are pure nightmare, you just cant controll that.

Yep, GD-22S is very comfortable to use, nice recoil, nice damage and its cheap.
    When playing TR only gun I really liked was the TMG-50, because it is basically a gauss saw S, which is also very nice, dirt cheap weapon. IMO GD-22S and SAW S are/should be the go-to guns for new players that dont want the default SAW, after couple of hours they can affor these guns easily.
  13. Aegie

Yes, and considering how the game totally caters to CQC infantry combat in just about every way imaginable (including inaccurate scopes, aside from the 1x- and therefore CQC oriented- IRNV scope) that makes a big impact.

Combine this with clientside detection and optimization and all low ROF come with additional built-in handicaps.

What people do not seem to realize is that greater damage per shot is, in itself, worthless if it does not translate into higher DPS- there is no inherent advantage in higher damage per shot. There are, however, inherent advantages to high ROF such as the ability to paint a target with damage rather than having to place discrete shots, compensating a little for clientside detection issues, lag and drops in framerate.

Yet, the developers seem to think that high damage per shot has such inherent advantage that any high damage per shot weapon has to get hit with downsides in just about every other stat- low ROF, high recoil, slow bullet velocity, smaller magazines, garbage hipfire COF, garbage COF multipliers, etc.

What drawbacks do we see applied to high ROF weapons? Low damage per shot, sure, but the DPS on the high ROF weapons is greater than that of the low ROF weapons so that is not a real drawback (in fact, it is a perk). Perhaps horizontal recoil but that is it I think.

So yeah, the devs need to wake up that high damage per shot is actually more of a handicap considering things like overkill and high ROF is where all the inherent advantages lay. Then they need to take a look at all the weapons and realize that the huge Beta nerf to NC was a bit over the top- even after they fixed flinch.
    • Up x 3
  14. Torok

15. SniperCzar

I'm really happy with the appearance of the Reaper DMR on that list. Pretty much the only reason I play medic class, being able to pop out of cover and headshot people at 120m with a reflex sight is often more helpful to a pinned down squad than corpse camping.
  16. Epic High Five

Reaper owns because it actually IS a Baby SAW - high velocity, 1 tier dropoff, crazy accuracy, and is fun as hell to stick in some sucker's gut and go full auto. If the Gauss Rifle and GR-S weren't such goddamned incredible beasts I'd use it exclusively.

X11 is a tougher sell because it's got all of the downsides of the SAW (low ROF, big kick) plus a new downside (tiny mags) and only 1 of the upsides in 200 damage rounds, but they have 2 tiers of dropoff and are slow as hell. I'd like to see the Reaper get a 2 round burst in the vein of the SABR-13 and the X11 to get an extra 5-10 rounds in the mag
  17. SniperCzar

What you meant to say is, crazy fun to stick in some sucker's gut and just let the vertical recoil headshot him on the 4th or 5th bullet :D
  18. Brayton

I like the ACX-11, that thing is amazing. The small clip size is annoying yes, but the fact that I can kill anyone other than a max with half a clip of it is awesome.

Its also relatively accurate at Medium range.

The one thing that I think needs a buff is our rate of fire, either on our shotguns or our other weapons which we're supposed to happily use but I see no one using them.

You all also forget our default pistol is a godly awesome pistol.
  19. Epic High Five

I've always been a Rebel man (now a Commish man) because it's NC as all hell and I'm just not good at spamming :(

Repeater is the best pistol by a long shot as it's basically an SMG for a sidearm. It suffers at range but that's not what a sidearm is for! It's for hosing down in lieu of a reload when in pitched combat. This is until the TR get their machine pistol. The "best" sidearms at ranged combat are still mediocre at best so just pick one that's murder up close (Repeater, Beamer, Rebel/Mag) or one that's fun as all hell and makes you feel like James Bond, P.I. (Gold Commish)

I need to give the magshot another shake.
  20. ManualReplica

If this thread is gonna be posted then at least have the decency to do the same statistical research for the VS and TR sides as well.

This is just subtly implying that the top NC players are scumsuckers and bottom feeders while TR and VS top players are honorable saints.