Top Medic Players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ash87, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Ash87

Hello all, I have a question to pose to you. Who are the best, we'll say 20, medics in the game? No this is not limited to server, no this is not for epeen measuring... This is an idea that I have had, but I want everyone's opinion on this first. Heck, if you think the head of your outfit is the best, post it up.

Usually about 3 posts in, to a question like this, someone posts Das Anfall stats or something... I am actually okay with that. I'll to as far to say that I am asking people to, because To Be Honest, I'm not 100% as to what stat would be best to evaluate Medics on DA's tools. So, if there is someone who is better acquainted with the stats used on that or another site, please by all means post away.
    • Up x 1
  2. Paperlamp

3. starlinvf

Mudfox, Waterson NC

It doesn't matter where you die, he just shows up out of nowhere to rez you. You could die in a middle of an enemy Zerg and he'd be half way across the continent, but somehow he'd get you standing. You could still be falling to the ground and reaching for your voice comm button by the time you get the prompt to accept. The enemy could wipe an entire room and within seconds you hear the sound of a Rez nade going off.

Mudfox is not a man...... he a ghost. Death's nemesis in white and yellow camo and glowing green beam of life.
    • Up x 6
  4. Urban_Scorp

Derp Company's own Otilita. Waterson VS

Some medic players are obsessed with their rather nice assault rifles, Otilita is an extreme example of the opposite.

She's not a killer. She's always there picking the peoples back up. I get to hear how honestly sad she gets about not being able to get to a friendly, regardless of outfit affiliation.

One day we might get her to be a bit more bloodthirsty, but we at D3RP are all such screw-ups that Otilita's mostly needed in the "save us from ourselves" role she currently inhabits.
    • Up x 3
  5. Aegie

I vote for MyToothbrush- a Waterson NC tirelessly bringing life back to the health-impaired.

I think he may have studied under Neo because he seems to have an uncanny ability to dodge bullets and deliver the goo-of-life in uncanny situations.
    • Up x 2
  6. Klypto

MyToothbrush
    PiecesofPizza
    • Up x 1
  7. Ash87

Okay, I'm going to be blunt now that I have a few names to check out.

Basically as you all know the infiltrator update is going up in a couple days. The infil union isn't really happy about some of the things that are going in.

It occurs to me, that what should/could happen, would be that the medics (Who are slated to get the next big class update) could get together and draft what They, the best medics the game has, can tell SOE they as dedicated long term medic players Need, and what they feel would help Their class. Because at the end of the day, the people who can give the best opinion on this are the players who spend the most time playing. This did Not happen with the infil update, we all kind of meandered about and threw out conflicting messages and didn't give a clear picture of what any of us wanted. The medics can do differently to this, and I feel like organizing them somewhat would help the whole class.
    • Up x 1
  8. Epicstrat

MyToothbrush is not a real character...

YourToothbrush is the best medic in PXP and probably the best on Waterson NC.
    • Up x 2
  9. Progapanda

Always nice to have stunkymouf in a fight with you as Cobalt VS.
  10. Xien

Every medic in the 903, Mattherson server. You guys are ******* incredible and we love you.
    • Up x 5
  11. Aegie

Bah, no he's my toothbrush- I'm always getting that confused- sorry YourToothbrush (at least I'm not the only one) I accept my demerits.
  12. Aegie

Fixed.
  13. Hobo Jack

i primarilly play medic and the number one request i have is to not have to chose between revive and heal grenades at spawn. i say this because you never really know what the future holds and i think it would be rather easy to make the nanite medic grenades multi funcitonal and just let you click "b" to switch grenade types. i know this MIGHT invovle having to actually switch to your grenade kinda like you have to in counter strike but this would be a caveat i would be willing to accept to have more versatility ( hopefully they can find a smoother way to implement this change however) you are limited to how many you can carry allready (unless a terminal is around) so having to make a choice vaguely on what might happen is not really a choice it is just guessing. If you could do one or the other but you could only carry one you would have to choose "okay do i put the heal grenade in the room now and help my team push into a room now or do i save it incase we fail for a revive grenade so we have a 2nd chance? That would provide a much better gameplay experience

number 2 would be to let you be revived from your own revive grenade i mean it is a risk you take and they already cost 100 resources so why not just give it a shot? most likely you will get killed when you stand up anyways but i think that planetside should reward risky behavior.

number 3 the revive time on maxes is a bit too far. i know this was a belence change but it just feels like forever with a maxed out med gun and reviving a max with a default med tool or even with a few certs i can imagine it being very risky to revive a down max especially considering how vulnerable the max will be when he comes up and then has to locate an engineer to be repaired to even get back IN the fight. Currently the risk to revive maxes is so great that many times i see medics not taking the risk and just let the max rot instead.

lastly and this is not medic specific but i think an atatchment for handguns that lets you draw it quicker than stock would be very beneficial to medics. it doesent need to be something that only medics have access to (you can maybe not allow them on the comissionner but i dont see any real reason not to) being cought with your med tool up is not fun and although you are relying on your team to protect you sometimes it comes down to the nitty gritty and it is time to fight. now i don't want to compleatly limit strategy the attacker waiting for the medic to pull his med tool out is a great strategy, however not having a snowballs chance in hell even when you see it coming is another thing. Limiting an attatchment like this to handgun only would still give the attacker a significant advantage (asuming that he himself was using his main gun) but it wouldent allow the medic to go down compleatly without a fight. (however the fight is still between the players to decide the final result)
  14. Ezzale

Pizza a buddy of mine, he is a good medic, he will get a kick out of this when he see this
  15. Monkeydmomo

I agree with the side arm improvisation, there have been numerous times where I'm rezzing a friendly I have to pull out to cover before switching to my ar. When I don't have a chance for that I have a 50/50 chance of survival. If I can dodge at least 15 rounds before my AR is pulled out, I'll survive.
    I also agree with the self rez revive grenade effect, I've actually witnessed in my death screen my character's body animation switch from lying dead to him being ready to get back up but I get no rez. What's the point of my medic having the animation if I'm not getting up?
  16. Ribero

I heard good things about L0stTR and of course SErh0.

-

As for my actual experiences on Cobalt NC, Ultimatus and MrBorka as well any medic wearing a [KAIN] tag.
  17. Cougarbrit

I haven't been playing infantry enough recently amongst the Cobalt TR masses to give any good examples, most of my time is spent with the outfit, and when I am playing infantry, I'm usually a medic myself, and I'm the guy rezzing everyone. Though I do remember some dependable medics earlier in the game, whether they still play or not though I don't know.

On Cobalt NC though, [KAIN] medics really pull their weight, but I have less infantry experience on NC.
  18. Hasteras

Helix320 Mattherson NC. Think he's in VCO.

I swear that guy has probably rezzed me more than anyone else on the server.
  19. novenD

As one of the 903rd's Medic mains, I'm flattered and happy that I've been of use.
  20. Latrodectuss

I would timidly offer up my names for one of the top 20 Medics simply because a) I don't know what other players I'd be compared to, and b) the metrics to measuring a Medic's worth are ambiguous at best and hard to track. That said, I tend to specialize in support roles no matter what game I play, as the outcome of most competitive games hinges on the adroitness of your support players. In TF2 I play the Medic, in MMO's I tend to play the healer, and in PS2 my most played classes are the Medic and the Engineer. I feel confident that I can weigh in on a Medic-based update.

The thing is, the Infiltrator class actually had a lot of problems, and very few of them got addressed because there were no easy fixes. It's a complicated class that was implemented poorly, and, as far as I'm concerned, it's still got a good ways to go before it becomes a class that people value over just another Heavy Assault/Medic/Engineer.

The Medic, on the other hand, is already the focal point of battles both small and large. So what does the Medic need?

NOT A GOD DAMN THING.

This game doesn't need any more fluffer content. We don't need a new healing grenade that drops a pool of AoE healing sauce on the ground, we don't need a different medical tool that heals faster and rezzes slower or some sh*t, and we don't need our own unique utility slot/mine that does something like poison people who get hit by it. At no point in my Medic career have I ever sat there and thought "gee, I'm just really not effective enough at being the absolute difference between life and death."

Don't fix what isn't broken.
    • Up x 1