Top 5 Weapons

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by giltwist, Apr 7, 2015.

1. giltwist

This thread is a response to Mustarde's request for more non-suggestion posts. We often talk about the split personality of the Infiltrator class (CQC vs Sniper). Probably the best way to figure out where you lie on the spectrum is with your Top 5 weapons usage (from your Player stats). Below is mine.

[IMG]

Knives are two of my top five weapons, and a BASR doesn't even make it until #6. Clearly, I'm a CQC guy. I'd also like to point out that I'm also clearly also fond of the so-called "*****" tactics with proxy mines. I've got triple the kills and an order of magnitude greater kill per minute with it...is it any wonder I'm always out of Nanites? How about you?
  2. _itg

I've probably spent the most time playing stalker infiltrator, although I'm pretty sure I have more total kills as a sniper (both in the neighborhood of 6,000). I haven't spent nearly as much time playing SMG infiltrator, although I auraxiumed my gold Cyclone, and I've spent hardly any time with the scout rifles. Directives have definitely influenced my play style. I put a lot more time into sniping in order to earn the Moonshot, and I've put SMG infiltrating on the back burner since the gold Cylone counted toward the exceptional directive (which I'm continuing to work on mainly through other classes).
  3. BillHaverchuck

To be honest its been a long time since I played with the last three guns.

[IMG]
  4. Lucidius134

[IMG]
    Low Accuracy/Kills over all considering how long i've been playing but my FPS is awful and i've had several long breaks from the game. Also play on my alts often.

I got the phantom very early on after launch (back when it was full auto lol). I liked CQC infiltrators since launch and slowly builded towards them (my phantom has like, every scope). SMG Infil made it a lot more accesable and easier. I've been working at weapon medals for other classes lately but I do enjoy non-SMG CQC infil and stalker infil.

What I like and what i'm good at are two different things though lol.
  5. MisterSlim

I've been working on the Scout Rifles and SMGs a bit lately, trying to force myself to be a bit more well-rounded. I do enjoy stalking every so often. However, I spend a LOT of time in the real-world with long-arms. As a competitive shooter, I have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours laying on the ground with my eye in the scope and my finger on the trigger. I've always found it relaxing and rewarding (nothing in the world like the sound of your round hitting a steel plate 1km away or further). So, naturally, in-game long-arms feel the most comfortable to me. I've been trying to break out of that box lately xD.

I haven't touched the Parallax (I hate the name, IRL "Parallax" is a bad thing!) in months, or any of the other tiered BASRs, and since I actually made the mistake of unlocking them all right away, and trying to learn them all at once, my stats with them are atrocious. So no judgment! xD
    [IMG]
    -Stay Fr0sty
  6. _itg

They almost certainly meant "Parallax" to be taken in the astronomical context. It's an important way to measure the distance of stars. Note that the Parsec is named after a measure of distance which is defined in terms of stellar parallax.
  7. breeje

my top weapon is the "failstorm" with over 6000 kills
    what dos this say about my play style ?

now i know who always places that proximity mine right in that corner where i want to hide :D
  8. giltwist

@Lucidius

Looks like you spend most of your time as a Heavy, actually. Don't take that as a "You shouldn't participate in this forum," though. One of the awesome things about PS2 is the mix-n-match. However, it does look like your Infiltrator experience is mostly limited to the Semi-Auto sniper. If sniping is your thing, you should really try spending some time with a bolt-action sniper rifle (BASR). My current choices are Ghost (3.4x scope) for mid range and Parallax (7x) for long range. You're also going to want to invest in a better side-arm than the beamer. I mostly run Commisioner, though the Hunter QCX has its advantages...like being able to damage vehicles and MAXs with the explosive darts.
  9. Mustarde

The TR stats are obviously from 2 years or so of play. My VS character is more diversified in LA/Medic/HA/Infil, and I've been more directive grindy so I have a lot of things stopped at 1160 kills. However, the V10/LA80/SR-7 will always be my baby :) The chain blade used to be more reliable and had higher damage - it's a lot harder to get knife kills these days imo. I also really don't care about accuracy - KPH and KDR are more useful to me as a sniper, so there's a big difference in some of these stats.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. MisterSlim

Touche, _itg. When it comes to shooting, Parallax is something that has to be adjusted for (normally there's a large knob on the left side of the scope for this adjustment, although sometimes the objective lens itself is turned to adjust). I saw an in-game sniper rifle, and my brain associated 'Parallax' with the term I already used so frequently regarding sniper rifles.

Let's hope no one else notices that it took me this long to put 2 and 2 together on that basic use of terminology xD.

-Stay Fr0sty
  11. wrenched

I have been transitioning from light assault to infiltrator. Really enjoying the tsar-42. The vandal not quite as much. Will start looking for long range or smg next :) Really enjoying infiltrator game play at the moment.

Oh yeah: grenades OP.

[IMG]
  12. AnuErebus

Weapons from my NC and TR on Connery. My other alts vary a bit more than these since they're for the most part much newer and my typical patterns haven't really had time to develop on them. Typically I play a lot with bolt-actions, a bit with SMGs and Heavy when I don't find infil to be working well. These days there's also a fair amount of light assault mixed in, but I've been jumping between carbines and characters and playing so little for the last few months that I haven't managed to auraxium a carbine yet, let alone push it into the top 5.

The TR was my first character and the one I started playing with, but moved to primarily playing NC about 6-7 months after launch. The SAS-R/TSAR-42/Ghost has also replaced the LA80/SR-7/V10 as my go to rifle these days since while small, the nerf to the LA80's RoF in Dec 2013 made it a lot less appealing. As is I use it for long range sniping, but that's mostly due to loyalty after using it for so long instead of actually feeling like it's a good comparison to the other bolt-actions.

Another thing I should note is that the Cyclone and Vandal would be my #4 and #5 on NC except I use the Vandal-B and Cyclone-G currently so the kills aren't mixed together. Tempest also has ~350 kills on it so if that's included Cyclone would be #3 (GODSAW would make that a close run, but wouldn't quite overtake it).
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. Kaeyz

'tis but a scratch fun topic. Character originates in times when I had 5-15fps so statswise it's obviously kinda skewed downwards, but eh top 5 weapons are kinda the same. Despite knives being kinda reduced to RNG. You can sort of clearly see my addiction to SAS-R rifle, I mainly use it in CQC nowadays, although I appreciate occasional medium-long range capability. I'm lazy in terms of kph/kpm, maybe force of habit from times when I had to be overly cautious and snailspeedlike sneaky in order to get any kill with 5-15fps. Also moderately often I tend to do stupidly risky stuff.

Like throwing EMP's into some building in ~70-90% enemy pop base, just to run into crawling with hostiles rooms to try "how many I can knife before they notice". Fun fact - they rarely notice, however some seem to have habit of spraying in 360 degrees just after emp hits them, might be deadly. May result in hostile zerg partially teamkilling itself. With some luck getting rid of necromancers to which cloak has allergy sadly [still] .

[IMG]
  14. Dumpsterprophet

your top weapon is a proximity mine? wow...just...wow
  15. Biddion

16. blzbug

So many snipers popping heads. I prefer popping turrets :) My top weapon by far is hella fun and costs less than a single claymore.

I'm disappointed that the picture doesn't show my fully ****** ride :) I was tempted by the new spoke or swirl rims, but you never see your own flash from the side.

[IMG]