[Suggestion] Tool think tank.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Wolfwood82, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Wolfwood82

Trouble here is the supporters don't often support LA. We move in behind enemy lines and we typically die there without ever feeding experience to medics and engineers for healing and ammo packs. We actually probably feed more ammo exp to enemy engineers then allies.

We have our moments and our uses, hunting snipers probably isn't a terribly great example of one. I'd never say "roll LA to take out that sniper". I would say "roll LA, we're going in through the side door of the tech plant, our primary objective is the Sunderer, our secondary objective is the shield generator protecting the SCU".

Unfortunately there aren't more situations like this where we can use our maneuverability to bypass set defenses. I understand the reason for this, because if the game was filled with these defensive barriers that only LA can really bypass, LA would be a dominant class and the others would take a back seat.

And MAX does count as a class. I don't care what anyone says, you can't eject from a MAX suit and have a second chance at life like you can from a vehicle.
  2. Corezer

The reason I dont consider the max to be a class is that it doesnt offer any features unique to it. you cant really do anything else besides move/shoot, much like a mossie/reaver or prowler.

That and you cant cap anything.

if everyone were a single class, it would still be hypothetically possible to win something, if everyone were a max, you could farm kills and kick rocks...
  3. Vultraz

What about another jump-jet that grants vertical/horizontal thrust in short but extremely powerful bursts (with a short cooldown), and the ability to exit drop-pods before they hit the ground (certed)?
  4. Minsc

They used to have the fast vertical thrust pack, called Icarus Jump Jets. They removed them because the movement was so fast that the position information wasn't getting transmitted to other players properly. So you sort of just disappear when using it. They currently don't plan on adding it back to the game.
  5. Achmed20

which is funny because Icarus JJs are bugged yet speedhackers dont seem to bug anyone at all ^^
  6. Wolfwood82

The ability to cap control points doesn't make a class a class. It rides vehicles, is accessed via terminals, carries small arms weapons (compared to vehicles), and is ressurectable by medics.

Consider capping bases a "feature" of the other classes. And MAX suits rely on several features like dual wield, charge, and lots and lots of armor.

Dun beh hatin' brah!

Soenywai.... Thoughts on what "revamp" might mean for us? Usually the term "revamp" means "destroy, and then replace with something less cool/useful/fun", especially when it comes to SOE. I admit the word raises more then a few hairs on the back of my neck, and I'm not the kind of person who idly sits around and waits for someone to fly my plane into a building.

The fearsome dual-wield is something that particularly scares me, especially when combined with the term "revamp". It's like approaching a cave that has a sign out front that says "den of terrible tentacle monster!"... No matter what, you know it's not going to be good.
  7. Corezer

Unless you send in 3 or 4 hot chicks ahead of ya...

Yeah, I went there.
  8. Wolfwood82

9. Corezer