[Suggestion] Tool slot

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by DaveyJ, Mar 8, 2014.

1. DaveyJ

What if we could have a tool that would blow holes in shields so that a light assault could breach bases without taking out generators or make C4 light assault and engie only or have a generator destroying tool
  2. starlinvf

So..... basically give them the utility slot?
  3. Tenebrae Aeterna

...or you could use the jump jets?

Infiltrators need the shield breaching capability...not Light Assaults; they already have the ability to bypass this.
    • Up x 1
  4. Inf1nite

Normally I'd agree with that, but if you look at options for Light Assaults, the only perk they get is jump jets. As many have said, Light Assault has been ignored basically since release out of beta, and infiltrator has a lot of abilities now (their three different cloaks, two different recon devices, and class specific weapons as well). Light Assault only has two different types of jump jets and that is the only thing that makes them different from every other class. They need more unique abilities to be competitive against other classes (ability wise that is).
    • Up x 2
  5. Tenebrae Aeterna

I don't disagree with that fact, but to give them the ability to bypass shields is redundant when they can already accomplish this ability through the use of their jump jets...furthermore, it just doesn't make sense for the class itself. The Infiltrator lacks the ability to bypass enemy defenses, making the Light Assault better at infiltration than we are. You give Infiltrators the shield bypassing capability and you level the field in terms of getting beyond enemy lines without actually treading upon one another.

The Light Assaults take the high road, we take the low road...murder our way to the middle.

Again, I'm not saying that they don't need a lot of work...but this is a redundant ability when they can already bypass these shields through the use of their jetpack in most situations. It's actually needed for the Infiltrator to gain more of its actual namesake in terms of capabilities...but the Light Assault does indeed need a tool.

Personally, I believe the entire role of recon should be moved to the Light Assault...where it's not a counterintuitive ability. The Infiltrator should have tools to increase stealth capabilities and enhance our ability to perform our namesake...while hacking becomes our primary role through the incorporation of more hackable objects and a revamped system. Still, I'm ranting so I'll just link my rant where I rant instead of making a new rant. :p

Basically...the Light Assault needs tools, but not something that gives them the ability to do what they can already accomplish and is better suited for us...who still lack in our very namesake.
  6. DaveyJ

I mean for large bases where we can breach the inner shields and murder their occupants bio-lab and inner amp station shields for one
  7. Inf1nite

That's what Infiltrators want... but in a cloak. It would be worth it to have a short duration cloak that would allow you to pass through the shield. LA would need a personal gate shield diffuser item (yes I know this is for tool).
  8. Adept

I'd like to see 2 utilities:
    - Guerilla warfare module. Basically hack light for LA. Access enemy terminals after hacking it - but it wouldn't change the faction and LA would need to repeat this each time (s)he wishes to use it.
    - Slider module. Double tap a direction and jetpack dash in that direction. Uses 1.5 seconds of fuel. Use of this ability blocks jetpack fuel regen for 5 seconds.
  9. Kumaro

Why give a breaching/infiltration tool to a class designed for hit and run tactics and rapid movement.

shouldn't ideas coupled with surprise attacks, quick escapes and Sabotage be their thing??
    Setting traps on turrets and empty (enemy) vehicles that then explodes when someone gets in them.

(should be a counter detect tool/ability to a class to but what kind i don't know yet)
    Alternative short turbo boosts in one direction for the jet packs. New jet pack version even??

Flash mines, or remote detonated shock bombs that functions similar to how the HA concussion grenade does.
    Perhaps even something similar against vehicles. (but with a long activation time but good AoE for ambushes)
    (I'm a tank driver and i still think this would be an awesome idea) XD

This would make the the light assault a perfect Hit and run guerilla warfare like unit that either uses quick strikes trough enemy lines or sabotages enemy movements trough ambushes and other things.....<.<
  10. starlinvf

Except for the fact that the Jet pack, as an ability is insanely useful in an urban fight. The only reason HA out numbered them early on is because of the stronger presence of vehicles (opting for rocket launchers) and that LMGs have insane sustained killing power.
  11. EzioDevil

All of you guys forgot the Adrenaline Pump that only LA have access to :p
  12. AuntLou42

Hope your joking.
  13. Mathgeekjoe

Here is a crazy idea for a tool slot. Have you ever found that you jet pack doesn't have fuel to reach where you want to go. Have you every found your self failing down a mountain waiting to recharge your jet pack. Try a grappling hook, you shoot where you want to go and then you use your jet pack, when you run out of juice the grappling hook prevents you from falling, allowing you to recharge and continue towards your destination. If you want to lose altitude just crouch. It can also attach to enemy vehicles, allowing you to follow that speeding tank, or climb up to and on to the enemy gal. Can attach to ESF at your own risk, if it flies too low you may go splat. Not a good idea to grapple liberators as they can give you a mouthful of that belly gun on your way up.