[Suggestion] Tool Slot - Combat Stimulants

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by flipmoomonkey, Feb 16, 2013.

1. flipmoomonkey

Hello Folks, as I'm sure you've guessed from the title this is a suggestion of mine to fill the gaping abyss that is the Light Assault's tool slot while trying to stay true to the general dynamic of speed and mobility that it's famous for.

The idea is fairly simple and follows on from the path already set by the Adrenaline Pump(which personally I feel should get a bit of love anyway). The LA carries a Hypodermic(or has a wrist mounted injector or atomiser, whatever floats your boat aesthetically) that can be used to inject an experimental Combat Stimulant that heightens the subjects senses and reflexes for a short time but currently has a disastrous effect on their life expectancy(but screw it, we can always make you a new body right?).

Say for 15 secs or so from when the Stimulant is injected the LA moves slightly faster(think the difference between using the HA shield but in reverse), tightens up his hipfire CoF slightly and reduces reload/slot swapping times slightly.

It also grants you increased perception in the ability to see a slight aura around people(think of you giving them a good sniff or something) which is coloured to differentiate friend or foe similar to the Auspex ability from Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines(shamless plug for a fantastic game) pictured below. When within 5-10 metres or so of the target this aura is visible through objects, now I know this is likely to be the sticking point if there is one, if so it can always be replaced with increasing the volume of enemy sounds or perhaps even being able to listen in on enemy voice chatter, or failing that just leaving the auras but not have them permeate solid objects.

[IMG]

There are at least two ways that the cooldown of this could be handled and I think both have their merits:

1. The Hypodermics used are limited, starting off with a single Hypo at base level and adding additional Hypos with each cert rank, they have a short 'crash period' of say 10 secs after using one before another can be used and can be restocked by resupplying at terminals, possibly additional carrying capacity could also be unlocked via the suit slot, similar to the Engineer's Utility Pouch.

2. The Hypos are infinite in use but have a very long cooldown, somewhere in the area of 2-3 minutes to simulate the come-down period which can be reduced via cert ranks, also using a Restoration Kit or being healed in other fashions reduces the cooldown greatly as it's helping 'break down the toxins'.

So, that's my idea thrown on the pile, let me know what you think(in a nice way, no need to get shouty) or if you've got some alterations and if you haven't played Vampire: Bloodlines already I heartily recommend you do so at your earliest convenience!
    • Up x 1
  2. RogueComet

Interesting idea, could be fun too. I'd really like to see the Tool Slot develop into something that brings LA more into the team players aspect. Your idea in my opinion,while wouldn't help to bring LA to work with a team, would be an interesting series of boost for anyone, or for certs under something like the armor slot.
  3. BaleRage

I always wondered what's that thing on the Engineers' arm...
    [IMG]
    Add that thing to my LA and when you press that button 'nanites' give you the boost flipmomonkey mentioned... (i like the idea btw)
  4. RHINO_Mk.II

Tsst... Aww yeah.

But screw the wallhacks, lets keep this legit please.