[TOOL RELEASE] ps2ls (Planetside Tools)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gelnika, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Duvenel

Quoted, most people don't set the thread on their 'watch' list and so won't see other replies usually unless they check the thread manually, it's usually a good idea to hit the 'reply' button if you're responding directly to someone's post. But I can confirm trollager's post, if you've seen any rigged models for example in YT videos, then those will have been made by the user.
  2. Haeri

Sir you are a genius. The possibilities with this program are infinite.
    Here is what I was able to do so far with Blender after fiddling around with it.

[IMG]

Looking forward to seeing some more cool improovements to the extractor. Speaking of which.. The file
    "Vehicle_NC_Reaver_Attachment_WingLights001_LOD0.dme" causes the program to crash every time.. maybe you could look into it. And is it possible to have textured model preview in the model browser? (I mean proper diffuse textures and not the green-orange textures?)

Oh and did I already mention that you are a genius;):)
    sincerely Haeri
    • Up x 1
  3. Brainwayne

more! i demand more!!! :p

awesome pic :)

I am trying to do stuff like this too, but i really have no clue how to implement the textures to the models in blender. Do you have any tips or tutorials to do so?
    I was fiddling around with the models, but i still can't add textures or scenery. I did all the basic (free) tutorals for beginners at official blender website, but i still lack a lot of skill to do stuff like this :(
  4. Haeri

Thx. Yeah I was also struggling with blender for a long time.. well actually I still am XD but this guy helped me out a lot with his tutorials.(link) - Spesificly for seting up normal/specular/diffuse maps with cycles.
    Just watch as many as you can.

PS: blender couldn't read the dds files so I opened them up in paint.net and saved them as png files.
  5. Brainwayne

awesome tip!!! Thanks a lot mate :D
  6. Tack

Bump for genius.
  7. Duvenel

I have a quick question for you all, what version of the extractor are you all using? I've seen I think maybe up to 3 different variations of the extractor made/modified by different people. I haven't been keeping up with the development of each of the ones that I found awhile back, but is one better than the other?
  8. Cab00se187

I still haven't found an actual statement from SOE that says "go ahead and take our files and do with them as you wish". Other than that, nice job
  9. Duvenel

Well considering that SOE employees have seen, commented, and liked videos/images/figures etc made using the game files, I don't think they have an issue with it?
  10. Arphelior

Awesome! I managed to extract some stuff & import it into Autodesk (http://i.imgur.com/pgrLUl9.jpg & http://i.imgur.com/6dyM9nE.jpg for example). But I'm wondering.. is it also possible to get the cover etc. in a room without to much trouble (or do I need to import every object seperately and put it in the right place myself)? I know it would probably not be in a single .dme file (as they'd have to make a new .dme every time they want to move a bit of cover), but perhaps the locations are saved in one of the packs.
  11. GeneralPeragorn

Awesome program. Keep it up!
  12. GeneralPeragorn

I still think this is awesome, but after downloading, I am so confused. Someone point me to a tutorial please?
  13. Duvenel

What would you like to know?
  14. GeneralPeragorn

Just how to use it with blender and suchlike, people seem to be able to make models with it but all I can do is view them?
  15. Glaedr304

I am having trouble in v1.2 using the model viewer, the tab simply is not there, any ideas why and how i can fix it?
  16. Duvenel

Well once you find the model you want to export, click the export button, the top button I highlighted in red and that'll open the 'export' menu where you can change various export options. I assume blender accepts .obj files as that's the only file type that you can export models as. I know that RoyAwesome took over the project some time ago, but I'm not entirely sure if the one I'm using is still up to date or not. Anyway if I can help you with anything else, let me know.

[IMG]
  17. GeneralPeragorn

Thank you! I'll let you know if there's anything else.
  18. Arphelior

Is it possible to get the cover etc. in a room without to much trouble (or do I need to import every object seperately and put it in the right place myself)? I know it would probably not be in a single .dme file (as they'd have to make a new .dme every time they want to move a bit of cover), but perhaps the locations are saved in one of the packs..
  19. Duvenel

Uhm, I'm not entirely sure about this one. But I've seen people recreate bases and such from the files. I'd assume that parts of areas are in the same general group together. But as for whether or not they have co-ordinate data I'm not quite sure. I hope someone else can help :)
  20. Arphelior

Thanks for the reply though :)