Took a small hiatus...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Newoldguy, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Newoldguy

Its been about 4- 5 years since ive played this game and I got my old account up and running but was wondering if they delete characters for being too old and inactive or what happened to my old higher ranked characters am I SOL and gotta restart from scratch?
  2. CaptCran

Game break took over the reins from SOE. Maybe 3 years ago was the last time to salvage your "old" character(s). If they weren't claimed, then poof! I noticed on the Public Test Server my characters from back in the day were still there, big whoop though.... You are right about being SOL. Good luck on the battlefield, and not ramming you fist through the monitor with all the shenanigans going on now.:mad:
    • Up x 1
  3. HippoCryties

There are some ping problems right now, but games till playable, they are trying to fix it
  4. Newoldguy

is getting upgrades for your weapons still slow as molasses?
  5. FateJH

Since you claim 4-5 years, you are probably more used to the old experience gain rates where, outside of the Engineer or Medic, there were few ways to earn anything and what you did earn was a raw flat value. You may also be used to the tiered upgrade system that used to exist where you needed to unlock the 1x Reflex before you were able to unlock the 2x Reflex and so forth. An exceptional number of multipliers and avenues of experience gain have been added over the years, resulting in what I believe to be an equally exceptional increase in the acquisition of cert points so long as you branch out as a player. If you focus on pure killing as your primary method of gain then you had better be really good at that. Additionally, very few unlocking prerequisite trees remain and attachments can be obtained in any order.