Too expensive

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VonStalin, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Turiel =RL=

To be fair, one has to admit that the cert-gain-algorithm got changed with the new cash-model. Since then cert-gain is slow as ****. Even as a full member on double XP it seems extremely slow right now and I don't want to know how it feels for new players.
  2. Antillie

I know. This thread is great isn't it.
  3. Antillie

Yes actually, there are these things called headshots that weapons with low recoil and good controllability are very good at making. Perhaps you have heard of them and what weapons like the NS-15M2 can do with them. I don't care how much skill you have. You are not going to get as many headshots with an NC6 Gauss SAW or EM6 as you are going to get with an EM1 or NS-15M2. Even when talking about body shot recoil stats do matter as recoil will make you miss some and missed shots do no damage. Although a higher RoF does help with this and a higher RoF is also something the EM1 has. It is however a different play style that may not appeal to everyone.

Who said the Magscatter was the best sidearm in the game? That title probably belongs to the LA3 Desperado or the Commissioner depending on what you want in a sidearm. I think you need to work on your reading comprehension. My point is that the Magscatter has a role and fills that role just fine. Same for the EM1.

I too am a bit confused as you why you brought up the Magscatter and EM1 in a thread about cert prices. However I think it is hilarious derail of your original issue of "I want to unlock everything and its taking too long! $15 for a membership to do it faster is a crushing financial burden! waaa!".

Looking at your cert numbers a new player could unlock almost all of that by BR 15 since you actually earn a total of 1878 certs by BR 15. So drop sticky gredades, the extra lightning weapon. and one or two other things and you are set. Then earn the remaining 490 certs over the course of a week to get those last few things. Done.

I wouldn't say EMP is common enough to really worry about most of the time. Besides there is always EMP Shield.

And hello to all of the NSA agents now reading this thread. I hope you find it as amusing as I do.
  4. Antillie

Again, see above post.
  5. Campagne

The Gauss Saw is notorious for its headshot damage, and is often referred to as a head-hunter's weapon. Even when aiming for the head with an EM1, it will still not be as effective as other weapons. As you said yourself, the NS-15M.

The Devil did, as he put on his fuzzy wool swear to combat the cold of the newly-frozen-over landscape of Hell. However, you supported its existence, and went so far as to say it was comparable to a Commissioner, so naturally I had to do my civic duty and intervene.

As for the weapon's role itself, that has already been filled by the other joke weapons. And the EM1 just isn't that good at anything.

I brought them up as supporting evidence of an argument I made against you, which you began to debate.

My original issue was actually as follows:
    As FateJH said;
    Again, arguing F2P and P2W and so forth would take up even more space in the OP's thread. If you want to bring up the issue in a thread or own, or another relevant contemporary thread, I'd be more than happy to disagree with you there. :p

If you take a look at my calculations again, you will see that I was very forgiving of the costs vs. necessities. It is infinitely more probable that a new player would simply not receive enough certs to combat the increased costs in addition to the standard certifications.

And there's always flanking and attacking from stealth, to not get shot in the first place. But that's not always practical either.

Yes. Say hello to the president for me, Barack Obama, who lives in the White House. He's the bomb.
  6. Antillie

Only on the first shot, and only if you ADS and aren't moving. And even then subsequent shots will miss due to it having the highest recoil in the game. Trigger discipline can help somewhat but then you are hurting its already poor rate of fire even more. If you want to use the NC6 Gauss SAW effectively you should be going for body shots to allow you to hold the trigger down more and let the recoil reward you with a random head shot now and then. The EM1 and NS-15M2 do not have these limitations and should not be used in the same way. The NS-15M2 is just the EM1 taken to the extreme. Even more accuracy, even less raw damage. There is perhaps a bit too much overlap between them but that doesn't make either one bad.

You can't really compare the Magscatter directly to the Commissioner. They fill different roles. Why do you think I said they were comparable? Still working on that reading comprehension are we? If you have very good aim in CQC then the Commissioner is generally superior as long as you can land those head shots. It also works well at longer ranges. If you can't make snap head shots in frantic CQC and don't need the range then the Magscatter will probably be better for you. Once again, different roles for different play styles and skill levels. This is of course ignoring the LA3 Desperado which I feel is superior to both for my skill level and play style.

Yes, an argument that you have yet to make any real points on or provide any evidence for that isn't easily refuted with simple logic and knowledge of the game.

As for your calculations don't really have an issue with them. But they do cover pretty much everything a new player should be spending certs on and with only a few choices here and there a newer player can easily cert nearly everything you listed by BR 15 and get the rest within a week after that. What do you mean by standard certifications? Isn't that what the list of things to cert already was?

Flanking and not getting shot are matters of skill and luck. They have nothing to do with how many certs things costs.

<insert innocuous phrase designed to show up in the NSA's internet monitoring systems here>
  7. Campagne

The Gauss SAW may have ridiculous recoil and laughable CoF, but that does not prevent a player from landing more than one shot, even while moving. Opening with one headshot also greatly swings a fight in your favour, especially with a 200 damage weapon. The EM1's damage does not provide it with as much of an advantage per headshot. The NS-15M's absurd accuracy more than makes up for it's lesser TTK with body shots.

Oh, I don't know... probably because we were comparing them together.
    ...Not to mention your comparisons between the two here;
    I refrain from arguing about this topic, as I have said, because it always fill pages and pages of counter arguments the other side disagrees with. If you want my opinions on the matter, I have commented on many of the numerous threads detailing the issue. :p

Yes. However, that is with ONE sight, and NO attachments. It is extremely likely that a new player would spend their certs testing out new sights and attachments. I didn't count them in the calculations, because not everyone even uses them, and they are not necessarily a requirement. (I only have a grip on my Gauss rifle, for example.)

By "standard certifications" I meant non-weapon certs, like suit slots and tools and such. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

Cert costs, however, are the one thing we have not argued for or against in terms of ASC vs. NW. Let's just agree to boil this one down to personal choice.
  8. Flag

NW can indeed make a difference, but far from in every single engagement. Overkill is common, and generally nullifies the slim advantage of NW. HSs aren't reduced by it either.
    Likewise, ASC won't help you if you got killed, but assuming you didn't it greatly reduces the time before you're back in action.

Both are useful, neither universally useful.
  9. Campagne

Yes, this is true, of course.

But I suppose it comes down to luck and personal choice, as well as certain play styles.
  10. VonStalin

speaking of weapons Gauss Saw is my favorite by far. Even though I play LA most of the time and not even NC any more...
    • Up x 1
  11. Flag

MM, that isn't what was implied earlier tho.
  12. FieldMarshall

Play medic or engineer and cert your repair sunderer.
    Sure its not the most fun gameplay, but if certs is what you want then it definitely works.
    You dont need to play more than a few hours a day without boosters to get certs quickly.

No seriously.
    [IMG]