Too expensive

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VonStalin, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Rentago

i have stated this many times before, ranking up does absolutely nothing, and it would be nice if it did.

Simple things like getting cert bonuses for ranking up all the way to 100 instead of just getting them till 15 would certainly be better for the game.
    • Up x 1
  2. Antillie

I kind of agree. Battle rank serves no real purpose and could easily be removed. However some people like everyone else knowing that they have been playing for a long time, which is the only thing that battle rank does.
  3. Campagne

8-10 hours of lots of kills and support for 1000 certs sounds much more achievable, especially so for a member. But that means a player would have to spend 8 hours of constant gameplay just to get a single weapon. In my opinion, this is simply too much. Even more so given that at least not as many weapons used to cost so much.
  4. Plastikfrosch

you can get anything of these thing for FREE (!!!!!!!!) you dont have to pay any money to get any important content in this game, if you want to get those things faster get a membership and/or boosters. and you dont need everything from the beginning. start with engy or medic and the certs will come in by theire own. Im nearly 100% infantry but on my main char nearly all my vehicles are fully certed since i dont know where to put the certs. sooner or later everyone will reach that point but in the beginning you have to be patient.
  5. MasterOhh

Most players use their weapons until they've got them to auraxium. By the time you've auraxed a weapon, you've got more than enough certs for a new one plus the 200 cert bonus.
    Not all weapons cost 1000 certs. You can get the cheaper ones first if you don't like your starter weapons.

That "I wan't it all for FREE and I want it NOW" mindset makes me wonder how you come along in RL.
  6. Campagne

Perhaps so, but there are a lot more things to spend certs on than just weapons. Things that don't give certs back as medals.

I don't see how being unhappy with sudden cost hikes makes me seem as if I want everything all for free.
  7. Shiaari

So, what kind of engagement ring do you like?
  8. DeadlyPeanutt

sonny, i didn't get no 1400certs when I was young.
    And I walked through the snow three miles to school.

get a premium membership for a month if you don't like the grind
  9. FateJH

None of those "things that don't give certs" stop you from earning certs with what you already have, though, right? Most of those things you allude to didn't change price either.
    He's just being unnecessarily condescending. You have every right to complain about the cert cost changes to weapons, if that's what matters to you.
  10. Flag

I object! Thermal is glorious!
  11. Iridar51

None, really. There's no engagement rings in Russian culture, only wedding rings, which are usually plain gold. [IMG]

But I guess if I had a nice western girl I'd wanted to propose to, I'd pick a ring with silver and ruby for my taste.[IMG]

Or maybe I'd pick a colorful and bright gem to match the color of her eyes, like sapphire, emerald, topaz or tiger eye. Not really into diamonds.

All of that's wishful thinking, of course. I probably wouldn't have enough money to buy a ring that I would want.
    • Up x 2
  12. Antillie

Well if you take my 2 hours a day and multiply it by the 4-5 days that I mentioned you get the 8-10 hours you are talking about.

Its not like getting weapons is something new players should be concerned with anyway. All of the default weapons are great with the possible exception of the NC6 Gauss SAW, which needs 305 certs and some player knowledge to turn it into a medium/longish range murder machine.

The only other weapon purchases a new player should even think about are a G2A lock on launcher or an SMG if they want to play an infiltrator in CQC.

The 100 certs per BR up to BR 15 are more than enough to get suit slot upgrades, med kits, attachments for the default weapons, class ability upgrades, and everything else that you need to get started. Why the higby does everyone think that new players need to unlock new weapons to be effective?
  13. Flag

Go for Amethyst!

[IMG]

It's "cheaper" than rubies (I think), and purple > red!
  14. Antillie

Sapphire!

[IMG]

Blue > all.
  15. Iridar51

I love amethyst, but since I was talking about matching eye color it doesn't really apply - no people with natural violet eyes. I love eye color as a thing, so I wouldn't want to pass the opportunity.

Besides, "purple > red" is kinda subjective. I love red. One of the reasons I play TR, incidentally.
  16. Campagne

No, they certainly don't stop a player from earning more certs, but that doesn't mean one's investment is ever truly regained and subseeded either.

Non-weapon certs may not have increased (for the most part), but are arguably more important than additional weapons, and are the main cert sink in PS2. What I mean to say is, that there is more to spend certs on than new weapons. The cert cost increases just forces players to spend more of their certs on weapons, and less on other things.

Thank you. :p
  17. Antillie

Weapons that they shouldn't be buying anyway. The is little if any reason for a new player to unlock new weapons for quite a while.
  18. Campagne

Some players have different tastes in weapons, and some defaults just need to be replaced. (See sniper rifles.)

The game gets fairly boring for some people if they only ever use one or two different weapons. Some weapons perform considerably better or worse than others. There is plenty of incentive to get new weapons to play with!

The 1400 certs gained aren't even enough to get rank 5 nanoweave armour on ONE CLASS! :eek:
    • Up x 1
  19. Campagne

*See post above.
  20. Flag

Then don't go for Nano weave 5?
    ASC is under-valued.