Today's GU is a bit delayed (16-JAN-2014)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nocturn0l

There's so many jobs with nightshifts, I'm sure SOE would find someone who would do it and needs the money ;)
    • Up x 1
  2. DeadliestMoon

There's still the test server.
  3. Ultramarine

You made the point for me. Nobody wants to work nightshift, so the ones who do are often the desperate, the people who HAD to rather than the people who want to be there (I've been nightshift before). You're likely to find better engineers during the day, which means things are less likely to go wrong, and from my experience that holds true. My coworkers during the day were always much more efficient than the ones I had at night.
  4. Nocturn0l

Ok then, but a bad running server is better than no server.
    On the other hand, why not hire a european company to maintain the EU servers? Pro7 is already maintaining EU accounts, so why not the servers as well?
    • Up x 3
  5. Pizzasaurus

So what? This is business.... when we upgrade our infrastructure we start at 6 AM and finish if needed way past 11 PM. I will get day off and extra money for that. No biggy its not every day.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ultramarine

THAT sounds like a good idea. But you know, we the players will have to pay for that somehow.
  7. Neuromancer

The "Bagel Engineers" at Dunkin Donuts can handle it.

I would think a code monkey should be able to pull off an equally difficult feat.
    • Up x 3
  8. Ultramarine

Depending on where you work, it's likely that the money lost from downtime is considerable. Here, it's not. The people who pay will be doing it either way, and until that changes there's no incentive to change it and the employees are just fine left working at comfortable times.
  9. Nocturn0l

Well, I'll gladly pay for the service. Despite that, people are already dumping a lot of money into this game, I've dumped a good 100€ into SC and people with subscriptions even more. Don't you think we could expect these kind of services for that?
  10. Ultramarine

That would depend on data I don't have. Since the game is free to play, they are supporting more players than pay, but since those who pay tend to pay more than they would for most games, they should have a surplus. But we do know that they did just need to make some budget cuts and many lost their jobs, so they may not be doing as well as you'd guess. Could be argued either way.
  11. PastalavistaBB

:eek:
    • Up x 2
  12. Nocturn0l

Well I agree, pro7 is probably not the company we want for the job? Doesn't mean there is none, I mean Blizzard for example manages to maintain their EU servers seperately and not during prime time. Isn't that what makes customers happy? And aren't happy customers spending more money on their game?
    • Up x 2
  13. Neuromancer

Don't be silly. Blizzard doesn't turn a profit like SOE does.

Oh wait; disregard.
    • Up x 1
  14. Doc Jim

Thanks for letting us know what the issue is!
  15. PainIsMyName

Well its 1h delay on delay that's something funny. And guys come down i will go to sleep in 1h so yea not a minute played today =S
  16. ncDieseL

You obviously don't work in the IT industry. This is common practice, and it usually comes with great overtime rates. Engineers would jump on overtime.
    • Up x 1
  17. Kukuguy

Just "a bit" delayed, just a little bit...
  18. JoeTheLlama

Why exactly only European players? US players can't get on either...
  19. PastalavistaBB

Wait, do you really mean that Big Companies are still paying Employees for Overtime? :eek: ("Flexible Workhours" :rolleyes:)
  20. doombro

It's been three hours.

Are we getting double XP?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.