[Suggestion] TO THE HIGHLY ESTEEMED LUPERZA OF VANU: THE HARASSER

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ApolloMCProductions, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApolloMCProductions

I'm an avid harasser driver and gunner (#28 for halberd kills on dasanfall with over 3k, and I usually drive; not bragging, just giving some evidence). The outfit that I helped to make (OPTR) was made so the people in it could harass easily rather than having to scroll through our friend's list (and because VDRS sucked :p).

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THE HARASSER IS IN FACT OVERPOWERED AND MUST BE NERFED!

My oufit mates and myself have talked many times about how to nerf the harasser, and I have come up with the conclusion that the harasser is a fragile vehicle to nerf. It's like Goldilocks :p for example, you do not want to nerf it too little or too much, but just the right amount. The biggest problem is that many of the suggestions that we've come up with are too much of a nerf to make the harasser a viable option as a tank. The argument of not having the harasser be a real "tank" is just not plausible, too many people spend money on cosmetics for the harasser. Why? Because its fast, compact, and looks ******* awesome (why I spent $60 on mine). So SOE wants people to like the harasser and pull it, making it a **** transport vehicle for max units would ruin that, people wouldn't want to spend money on it.

For composite armor, I feel that what people are saying is almost laughable. "c4, rocket rounds, and tank rounds shouldn't be affected by comp armor." Comp armor makes you viable to live for a feasible amount of time, the most common thing that takes out a harasser are MBTs and heavy rockets (c4 not that much which is explainable). Comp armors is also important in defending against actual bullets, so the resistance values MUST remain high.

Pull a harasser without composite armor and see how fast you die... Oh look the AP prowler in lockdown mode/Titan Vangaurd with LOLGODshield/magburning FPC magrider shot you and his gunner but a halberd shot in your ***... you're already dead. Now this might mean that MBTs should be nerfed...I DONT KNOW :p

The point is that other tanks should find it easy to take out harassers, I know me and the friends that are in the outfit I'm in find it easy to take out even the best harassers with out magriders. We don't even mag that often, and most of the time we're soloing.

The fact is that most of the people who complain about the harasser fall into 2 categories:
    1) Bad MBT drivers with uncerted vehicles
    2) Farmed infantry

To the bad MBT drivers, get better, you're vehicle is the overpowered one...
    But wait, what about lightnings---->THEY ARE UNDERPOWERED! They are so bad! All tanks laugh at a c75 viper lightning when using a tank, they need a buff, they are relatively slow at moving and turning around there butts. I do think though that the skyguard damage buff to the harasser was a good one, where it can't kill a good harasser driver/gunner but will kill and unwary one; or at least do a large amount of damage up close.

To the ones farmed infantry, YOU ARE RIGHT! YOU HEARD ME, HARASSERS ARE WAYYYYYYYYYY OVERPOWERED AGAINST INFANTRY!

Mauraders (especially) and furies have no right! **** it, kobalts and PPA are pretty nasty as well!

For turbo, I'm not sure if it's overpowered, but it makes driving fun (going off of jumps, nuf said). I'd say that level 5 with racer 3 makes it lovely to boost off of cliffs and get out of risky situations. The nerfs that they are proposing are a bit much though, I'd say that small percentage reductions should be made in its effectiveness. Remember, little touch ups all around add up to a hefty nerf.
    So here are my SUGGESTIONS for the HARASSER ITSELF:

COMPOSITE ARMOR:
    c4 will not kill a harasser at LEVEL 4, not level 1, like now. At level 4, it will put it into the red, at level 5, the health after one c4 will do the same amount of damage as now (we paid 1000 certs for it, it should still put us a little above the red).
    As for infantry resistance values towards infantry weapons goes, dumb it down by one rank compared to what it is now. So for example, I believe that right now (not 100% sure) rank 5 is 99% and rank 4 is 95% (numbers seem decieving, but the "actual health" of a harasser or flash or ESF is not that much), so rank 5 should become 95% and so on and so forth. Resistence against other tanks right now is fine

Reason: This way comp armor will not be the "first rank ends all" cert that everyone associates it with, since a lot of certs must be invested until one c4 can be taken. For resistence values, the reason is that your bullets are much more effective (it makes a difference!).

TURBO: Already mentioned, just nerf those regen times by slight percentages (5-10%?) on each level, or the amount of bars needed to start turbo (only by one or two though).

Reason: To punish them if they get to greedy with the infantry kills pretty much.

Now for weapons:

As it stands, I think we can all agree that the halberd and vulcan are overpowered, while the enforcer modified is underpowered (the saron in my opinion is a balanced harasser AV weapon that serves its purpose, but I'm biased towards my faction so I won't say that "we can all agree" on this). I use the halberd, and I don't even like using overpowered weapons, make me feel dirty :p. Why? Because damn vangaurds and prowlers, that's why, and vulcan harassers too! So in other words, because of other tanks; since they can use those weapons as well.

As for infantry farming, they all need to be nerfed, and dare I say removed...because the nerfs proposed to the harasser still won't stop them all that much ("THEN NERF THE HARASSER MORE" -you guys; "BUT WAIT, REMEMBER GOLDILOCKS, THAT WOULD BE TOO MUCH!" -me). The fury is overpowered, it needs a bit of a nerf, while the maurader is extremely overpowered (check the link below for explanation). As for the PPA, it stands as balanced, its good in certain circumstances, but using it puts you in harms way of lockons a lot of times and ****** by tanks alike. The enforcer modified is a joke as we all know, I can count the number of harassers I've encountered with it on my two hands.

So here are my SUGGESTIONS for TOP-MOUNTED WEAPONS on the HARASSER ITSELF:

AV weapons:

Halberd: Do not nerf armor damage; and possibly get rid of it on MBTs (a bit radical I know, but considerable nonetheless). Also make it so that it does not one shot infantry using nanoweave 3 or more.

Reason: armor damage is fine as is, its an AV weapon (sundies need to be protected people, flashes and lightnings are weak, 3 shots for an ESF is plenty, 6 for a lib is also, galaxies forget it, and MBTs you have no reason to complain). For 2 shot kills on nanoweave 3 or higher, this makes it so that someone who has spent about a 50 certs (I think; 1-10-30?, if its about 100 then that's fine too) can survive one halberd shot. Given the skill to hit a player with a halberd shot, assuming the person is dodging (if you're not you deserve to die just for not dodging :mad:, this makes complete sense.

Vulcan: Buff its range, but nerf its damage up close, its ridiculous, and nerf it hard (see link below for explanation). This goes for infantry as well!

Reason: (see link below for explanation).

Enforcer: It's pretty balanced as is

Saron: It's pretty balanced as is

AI weapons:

Fury: Nerf splash damage, its simply too much, no reasoning required. I believe its like 550 right now while direct is 220, make that 550 into 400-450 instead.

Maurader: Effectively twice as good as the fury (8 times when considering price), rethink that weapon SOE you sort of screwed up (I think we can all agree). Make the TR AI weapon something completely different and nerf the **** out of this weapon, give everyone there certs back, so that they can keep there stats on the maurader to make them happy while fixing the problem.

Reason: (see link below for explanation).

PPA: It's pretty balanced as is

Enforcer Modified: Buff it. Expand its range to 15-20 meters, making it a one shot kill from 10 meters away; I bet a lot of people would consider it a fun alternative to the fury for NC.

Kobalt: It's pretty balance most of the time. Sorta overpowered when used in the right way, but doesn't pose a threat to the ps2 community (yet) and there wouldn't be much of a good way to nerf it either besides something like mag size and reload speed (?).

SO THOSE ARE MY OPINIONS, MAKE WHAT YOU WISH OF THEM

I HOPE THAT IF YOU RESPOND TO THIS THAT YOU'VE READ THE FULL THING

I HOPE THAT THIS CLARIFIED SOME THINGS

I HOPE THAT YOU THUMBS UP THIS POST IF YOU AGREE ON THE MAJORITY OF THESE THINGS
    SO THAT SOE CAN SEE THIS STUFF!!!!!!

I HOPE THAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN REBUTALING MY VIEWS ;)

Here is the link I was referenceing about the maurader and vulcan (TR plz dont flame post)

Not to mention, HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND HAPPY NERFING!

#rainbowwalloftext
  2. Zazulio

Alright, I'm gonna read through this and give a real comment, but in the meantime, please change the text color to something a bit less hard on the eyes. This rainbow post is a bit much.
    • Up x 2
  3. MrMurdok

Luperza does Community Relations, not Weapon/Vehicle balance, hence 'Purple Community Girl'. Making your entire post moot.

Good use of colors, though.
    • Up x 1
  4. Canaris

most colourful nerf TR thread I've read in awhile
  5. ApolloMCProductions

NEVER
  6. ApolloMCProductions

not exactly a TR nerf thread, an explanation to the harasser nerf

the link provided at the end is a TR nerf thread

...and thanks, the colors took a while :)
  7. ApolloMCProductions

she's the one who usually responds to these threads, and then mentions the good ones to the devs, I believe she mentioned that on FNO numerous times. It's the best chance of this thread having any impact.
  8. ApolloMCProductions

o well, cover your virgin eyes then and don't read that word...otherwise pretend that word means i dont know..."forks"
  9. ApolloMCProductions

that was quite clever, but make it purple :p
  10. MrMurdok

You might as well dedicate this thread to Higby, or T-Ray, or Sanchez, or Ryan.

However, IM SURE YOUR USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS AND MANY A-COLORS WOULD MAKE THEM DROP WHATEVER THEY ARE DOING AND MIND THIS THREAD AND NOT THE OTHER FIVE BAZZILION THREADS RELATED TO HARASSER BALANCE
  11. DashRendar

Not sure I read that, but now that you bring it up, you are right. Prowler HE is OP while others are fine? Nerf all HE into the crust of the earth. Vulcan is OP while others are fine, if not a bit underpowered? Nerf Harassers into warm soil. ESF Rotaries are relatively well balanced? Change them all, make TR the obvious best, and call it a "rebalance."
  12. Madcat9

The censors can be weird at least ingame you can't say you pulled the trigger on your gun.
  13. Lucidius134

Read through it. I disagree with the proposed nerfs but agree with you in general.

Frankly, composite armor should be removed from the vehicle entirely and the innate values should be slightly raised. That or the resistances need to be split up over multiple types of armor. "Scaled Composite Armor" for small arms and c4 and "Composite Armor" for low tier AV damage or HMG's.

Regarding turbo, it should be more akin to magburner or lib boosters than to flash turbo.

They shouldn't have gotten AV AND AI. They should have either had AI only or AV only (sans basi/kobalt)
  14. Epic High Five

Taste the rainbow dudes
  15. ApolloMCProductions

please, I wanted to abate the TR flaming, but yes, this is a grave fear of many, not to mention put into rather concise words...
  16. Shuguard

Shouldn't this be consolidated in the balance thread part 1? You know forum rules and stuff. But i do agree halbread shouldn't one-shot infantry. Tr vulcan and marauder are a bit over the top and comp armor either should be removed(refunded) and place those values into stock harassers while decreasing the infantry small arms fire resistance by a bit. This way stock harassers aren't complete rubbish and maybe buff lightning ap velocity to fight off harassers (that gun is slow).
  17. ApolloMCProductions

Innate values being raised are pretty much comp armor being nerfed, and even then you would be able to equip something else into that slot. For split up resistance values for AI vs. AV(which includes c4 and rockets), it already exists (I wish I had 99% AV resistance :p)

You'd need to drive around in a harasser to understand this necessity, because it's almost fundamental.

As for turbo, I think it should be a mix of the two (which it already was, just much more in the direction of the flash). Libs and mags have slow regen on turbo since they are innately more powerful in the battlefield and stronger (a tank and a gun ship), the harasser was meant to be fast, speedy, and cool.
  18. ApolloMCProductions

Its still "discussion" about "gameplay", so I consider fair game :p

buy yes, I might put this in the balance part 1 portion of the forums.
  19. The Shermanator

All fellow soldiers of the New Conglomerate who have had their eyes damaged by this obscene form of warfare, please form a rough line and I'll get to you one by one.
  20. Shadowyc

I feel the OP requires 30000% more colors for it to be worth reading.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.