To Goomba, from SOE: Be a man, quit whining about rocket pods.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Twign, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Twign

Post also applies to Tuco and every other whiner who would rather nerf a perfectly fair weapon than to adapt their gameplay. Mind you, I agree with those who want to buff anti-air with HP, effectiveness, and XP for connecting with every shot.

Watch the full clip here, fast forward to 16:00 to watch Goomba get owned...

• Up x 2
  2. ABATTLEDONKEY

I dont think i would describe that as getting "owned". That was AT BEST a WEAK deflection at addressing the topic. Higby addressed that they were nerfed in beta, appeared to be very confused then simply sidetracked off without and explanation as to the thought process behind their re-introduction as Zeus' lighting rod.

The mantra of "go get your own rocket pods" is childish and simplistic at best and I am VERY surprised to see higby say that. The simple matter is that is one weapon dominates all, and the only solution to that is to get that weapon your self, you have pretty mcuh defined OP., and taken the depth out of this game. I love PS2 but the rocket pods are going to ruin this game. the game comes down to ESF count right now.
    • Up x 7
  3. Craeshen

Meh all they need to do is split up the rocket pods into anti armor and HE make the anti armor rocket pod good @ killing tanks and ground vehicles. And make the HE ones good against infantry.

This kills 3 birds with 1 stone:
    A) prevents rocket pods from being used against aircraft
    B) forces pilots to choose their poison infantry or armor slaughter
    C) brings esf's back down to somewhat saner power levels

And for those who whine I spent money on those just give them both types of rocket pod but force them to choose 1 or the other.
    also slow at rockets down just a touch so they take a bit more aim time to line up properly for the kill.

and give all burster shells a small explosion radius (about .5m should be good) increase and a tiny bit more damage and tighten the cone of fire on the skyguard a smidge and it should bring things back into balance 1 skyguard doesn't counter more than 1 esf. etc.

all things feel like they need right now is small bumps in the right direction and the balance should be better.

What this really does is take rocket pods from good vs everything to good vs armor or infantry.

Libs are fine as is imho they always were death from above and there's no real need to change that.
    • Up x 2
  4. Maximilious

Learn to play Gumbas... learn to play or ****! :)
  5. TangoQD

What's wrong with using rocket pods against other aircraft? shooting down enemy fighters with rockets is really fun.
  6. ABATTLEDONKEY

They are horribly unbalanced. It is also fun to spawn into a death machine and own everything you see, but that doesnt mean such a vehicle should exist. People think that using hacks are fun because they get to win every engagement, but that is definatly not an in game feature that should be added.

RIght now, every vehicle has to make a choice as to its given role, and equip itself into that role (tanks going he for inf, or AP for tanks). ESF dont have that problem. They equipt the rocket pods, and can kill anything from MBT's to INF to killing a lib within 5 seconds ( a 3 player vehicle killed so fast by a solo vehicle is NOT good gameplay).

In an ESF vs ESF engagement, I dont care WHAT weapons are available. But the fact that rocket pods are so good at killing EVERYTHING, including other ESF's speaks volumes to the imbalance issue.
    • Up x 1
  7. Rothnang

I'll say the same thing here as I said in the other thread you made about this exact video:

Blowing off one of the most consistent complaints the community keeps bringing up in a condescending way was just flat out unprofessional, whether or not you agree that rocket pods are overpowered or not.

I personally don't think rocket pods are overpowered except when they are used against other aircraft, but there are much better ways of addressing concerns than feeding the whole stupid fanboy attitude of "Stop whining" when people are voicing their concerns.

Not what I expect from a dev team that so far has done a great job of listening to the community.
  8. Maximilious

a couple of QQing noobs does not equal the whole of the community there Roth. Just because you see a couple of threads whinning about aircraft it does NOT mean that 100% of the community feels the same way. The % of players that use the forums in any game is WAY LESS than the % of people that "actually" play the game and can be considered the PS2 "community"

Why should they aircraft because of the 5% of QQ little girls that login to the forums just to cry and try to change the game to make it fit THEIR gameplay?

Naaaaaah thx.
  9. DeadlyShoe

there's been dozens of threads with hundreds of posters. It's absurd for you to blow that off as 'a couple of QQing noobs'.

you could make that post about anything in any game, no matter how blatantly overpowered or badly designed the topic in question is about. People said the same thing about the PS1 lasher. And the PS1 poundermax. And the PS1 jackhammer. Ummmmm....
  10. TheBand1t

While I don't think pods need a nerf, I do think AA needs to be brought into line. If a fighter can kill a tank with half a salvo of rockets in half a second, why does a skyguard, which costs 200 resources and the same cert/station cash cost, not absolutely obliterate any ESF foolish enough to stick around? Same thing with the base AA turrets.

Even at the height of the Skyguard's power (or as every bad pilot in here calls it, the "AA is OP" phase), good pilots prospered and still dealt high amounts of damage to enemy armor columns. Now any braindead idiot can hoverspam and rack up the EXP.

This is coming from someone who did almost nothing BUT Reaver rocket-pod spam during beta btw.
  11. Uben Qui

Those were the days of good pilots. Many of these guys block it out due to rose covered glasses. They believe there was a time when AA was so OP that there were never planes in the sky. Back when HA rockets were crazy and the tanks were scared to poke their heads out because of them.

In one patch we seen the air get buffed to a little more than what it is now, and the HA rockets, Skyguard, and the MAX get the nerf to make room for them against those tanks...
  12. TangoQD

They're not very good against other ESF's, they're just fun.

While I agree the rocket pods shouldn't be good versus infantry and vehicles at the same time, if they stop being powerful against air there will be a lot more liberators flying around.

That's not exactly true, they can specialize to be very good against armour or infantry, but they still have the default weapons, which are fairly good against both.
  13. Ryloxx

Best part of the video is at 16:00 for sure, that will shut up some people I hope..

Higby: "We actually nerfed rocket pods in beta..and..um.. I don't know, I don't think we're going to nerf them again."

Few people I actually believe when they are in the spotlight, he seems like a pretty solid guy to have at SOE. Maybe things won't be so bad after all.
  14. Mobius One

So you successfully nerf rocket pods by mandating a pick your poison specialization.
    Then you indirectly nerf air in general by buffing AA.
    You indirectly buff tanks, as infantry are more plentiful for the cert ******
    Infantry indirectly nerfed as they are prime farm for the remaining air Air AND tanks
    Lock on rocket launchers which were recently nerfed will still be useless

Congrats. We have Planet of Tanks 2: The return of beta balance

This is why game balance is so hard to find, because there are people like yourself who can't see the bigger picture. Do I think AirVtankVinfantry balance is spot on? No. But it is VERY, VERY close.
  15. Mietz

Here is a video damage comparison of A2G from beta till today: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-are-you-kidding-me.57507/page-15#post-745215

There was no nerf, there was a buff and then a revert pre-launch.
    Spinning it as a "nerf" is deception.
  16. Ryloxx

Not sure why you're telling me this, do you hope to sway my feelings about the balance of the game? There were many nerfs and buffs, if you actually played beta instead of just quoting meaningless threads about it.

It isn't a conspiracy, it's a game. Go write SOE and tell them how much this hurts you or join one of the hundred threads complaining about balance.
  17. Maximilious

Air Tank Infantry is spot on, all the QQers need to uninstall :)
  18. Mietz

I guess some people are not interested in facts and ****.
  19. Bejita231

SoE needs to be a better man and admit they were wrong about the AA nerf combined with ESF buffs, when only one needed to happen, it is only inevitable you screw up balance in your game, it takes a man to admit you ****** up and to fix the game before it becomes Airside 2 completely and everyone leaves
  20. OrrwrenX

I really like this idea! Very nice, and I think it makes sense to go about it the way the developers went about with outfitting vehicles/tanks.
  21. LtJoeBob

Give the skyguard rocketpods...