To every light assault upset about the upcoming C4 changes.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Ballto21, Jan 31, 2015.

1. MahouFairy

Seriously, if HA gets that sort of buff, it would totally ruin gameplay. In RL a skilled AT team can hide behind a wall and pop up to blow up some tanks, but once it gets spotted, that wall doesn't matter because that wall will be blown up along with the AT team hiding behind. It doesn't apply here, since walls are non destructible so a single HA with a high dmg rocket will be able to ruin tanks without fear that he would be blown up along with the building he is in.

I wouldn't mind buffing the range though.
  2. Crayv

With modern missiles the AT team wouldn't even need to "pop up" they would just need to be within a few kilometers of the tank and know its general location and the missile will do the rest.

In RL missiles are OP.... and infantry can wield them.
    • Up x 1
  3. lothbrook

lol, the Kornet and TOW are immobile weapon systems that require a tri-pod to fire, and the RPG-29 has 3 confirmed armor penetrations on M1s and a challenger 2, essentially making the weapon unreliable at best against MBTs.

Handheld "anti-tank" weapons are nothing more than a confidence thing for infantry, they basically don't work but it makes you feel better knowing if the stars align "MAYBE" you'll do some damage to a tank, its kinda like helmets, theres a chance it will save you if the guy is 100s of yards down range, but you're basically screwed if you take a hit to the helmet.
  4. Ballto21

i successfully did it earlier this month, maybe they ****** something upagain and hotfixed it
  5. lothbrook

lol, a "few kilometers," the maximum effective range of a shoulder mounted launcher is about 500m, you can extend that a bit further with the use of a tri-pod but not much. Guided systems can go further however they're much bulkier and require multiple crew to use, for example the Javelin, which has an effective range of 2500m, but again requires 2 guys to use, while the main gun on an Abrams is effective out to 4km.
  6. zombielores

Nope. The only problem C4 has is that it's explosion lags behind the object when you activate this and that's been here for a long time. So C4 is like rolling dice when anything is moving 30+ KPH but you would know this if you used C4.
  7. Rogueghost

I gave up C4'ing vehicles over a year ago, after my heroine medkit addiction got too severe and I could no longer leave spawn without it equipped.
  8. Thunderstrucks

Are you trying to say my auraxium small nuclear bomb could not handle that piece of steel?
    You are smoking too much nanites man!
  9. BlueSkies

And how many guys are required to crew a tank IRL?

Realism arguments are stupid
    • Up x 2
  10. Alchemist44

Like I said: if your argument needs arbitrary special exceptions then its a bad argument. But I think you just said your real reason why you dont like C4 fairies:
    "its me disliking that you can OHK a 450 nanite tank, with 100 nanites worth of infantry deployables"

That is perfectly fine with me (though I dont agree), just dont bring up the RL argument, it doesnt have a leg to stand on in this case (unless you'd want other aspects of the game follow the same principle and we shouldnt have reviving, magic repairing, tanks in which the driver operates the turret, redeploying, weapons that dont kill you instantly when you get shot in the head with them and so on).
    • Up x 3
  11. uhlan

The problem as I see it with the OP's post is that of scale.

In our world, it would be rare, if not impossible to have as many men as armored vehicles in a functioning army.

It simply isn't possible in the real world to have such luxuries. That limitation is missing in PS2.

MBT's in PS2 are super-heavy MAX suits or at least played that way much of the time.

In addition, if we're talking RL, C4 isn't a shaped charge and wouldn't have the same effect on an armored target as it would on soft-skinned elements.

So what it comes down to is that it's a game and as such requires the suspension of disbelief.
  12. Ballto21

I counter you with my auraxium infused space tanks!

I dont have an issue with LAs or anyone else having C4 or other means of blowing tnaks to hell, but i dont think one person should be able to do it. Look at the lancer for example, a good weapon, maybe needs some tweaking in charge time but pretty useless if youre doing it alone. Now in a group of people, its godly. I personally, and from what ive seen many others want less of this super soldier rambo crap, and make it more team oriented. You want to be a c4 faerie? go out with a friend or two c4 in one hand andyour other around eachothers shoulder, dancing happily off into tankville.
  13. Liewec123

i'm not saying you instantly die to c4 using 5/5 flak, i'm saying that there should be a choice between flak, kinetic and repair,
    where as right now they may aswell remove the other 2, flak is too mandatory.
    if they increased explosion resistance to a level akin to flak 2 (so you survive a c4 with a small amount of health left) then we could atleast have the option to pick kinetic/repair.
    • Up x 1
  14. Dualice

May I ask, OP, do you play light assault often? If at all? I know you play a lot of infiltrator (not a judgement, just an observation), and it actually takes quite a lot of practice, dare I say "skill"(?) to take out any tanker that isn't daydreaming or stuck in tunnel vision mode.
  15. Hatesphere

Tankersw can start talking about how much teamwork it takes to use a tank when the driver doesn't get control of the main gun. 2 guys in a metal box is pretty low on the teamwork scale compared to running a proper squad.

also this, realism arguments dont hold their water when talking about balance. also its like the 29th century in this game, want to talk realism you are doing it wrong. we can drop people from space pretty much at will, and generate matter out of thin air. I propose we replace all shoulder rockets with a small guided GPS dart gun that calls a rocket powered tungsten I-beam from space.

[IMG]

have fun with your realism
  16. Ballto21

I only bring up an RL argument because for its exception this game does follow some real life rules. Examples being nanoweave armor for combat armor, not being able to carry a ******** of ammo on top of that armor (***** heavy) etc etc, just because there are some things in a game or movie that would be impossible in the real world, along with everything else being realistic enough, examples being like i said accounting for drop, muzzle velocity, how the aircraft work, how infantry in general works, and for the most part how tanks work.

And its not me disliking that you can kill that 450 tank with 100 in infantry, its that just one person can do it. Hell id love to see it costing 50 for 4X C4 as long as one person couldnt destroy the tank on his own, and needed a friend to come with him.
  17. Ballto21

On this character i havnt played much of it yet, i used to play a lot of LA, infiltrator, and engy before i took close to a year off the game, deleted my character, remade it to switch servers under a new name and to redo the medals and such. And i know its a pain in the ***, but its hard to learn, easy to master. like riding a bike, youll have trouble at first and often smash into the ground, but when you learn you learn
    • Up x 1
  18. lothbrook

To fire and drive the tank, only 2 are required, especially so if you use an auto loader system, they aren't typically used because it adds weight and costs more, without it the fire rate would be reduced but still functional. But its not like i brought up the realism to begin with, and i don't think it'd be much fun for 1 guy to just sit there and communicate with friendlies around him (commander) and if they don't use auto loaders 1 guy sitting there loading rounds.
  19. FerUga

The problem I have with tanks is the same I've always had, it doesn't take enough infantry away from the fight. They should require a dedicated driver, gunner and secondary gunner, if those were in place I would have no problem with a tank being able to take more than 2 c4 bricks to destroy.
  20. Ballto21

I dont want 100% realisim and i never said i did i just said i and i think many others see two fairly small c4 bricks destroying a giant tank thats supposedly been designed and perfected over many hundreds of years (in game lore) ridiculous. My only issue with it is the lack of teamwork needed to take it out, i do not think any one player should have that much power, just like how in a tank 1/2 youll be doing good against infantry, assuming no c4 is being used, but youll get stomped by a 2/2 tank, or flip a coin with another 1/2