[Suggestion] to DBG Fund Raiser idea

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Liewec123

so i've seen you guys are trying to raise money to help kids, good cause!
    there are things you could do to make people donate a ton of money,
    easiest and most obvious is set a landmark amount (say 20k) which if it is reach will give a double xp for all event,

and if you wanted to get really crazy you could make it turn to 3x xp at 30k and max out at the rarely seen "quad xp event" at 40k (we've only seen a small number of quad xp events throughout the history of the game)

i think it would get people donating, and its for a good cause!
    • Up x 3
  2. JustGotSuspended

I wouldn't even make it xp, or at least not just xp. Bring back stuff like the recruiter tank weps bundle and other rare forgotten weapons as rewards for donators. I bet a few ppl wouldn't mind buying a couple old rare weps where a percentage goes to charity. It's not even like they need to code much, the weps already exist.
    • Up x 1
  3. brutes359

The day I trust a company of any type to actually "Donate" money to a good cause is the day I will buy any cosmetic crap they are peddling. While I think it is an amazing idea to get people donating, Video game companies are not the most reputable groups to trust with this money. Especially in light of the recent disaster that was Planetside Arena or whatever that battle royal garbage was called.

If a company wants to foster good will towards their playerbase, they should start by actually listening to that playerbase and doing what they are asked by their customers. If they want to donate to a charity, then they should up and do it from their own sales and not expect their customers to need to shell out for a specific item to do so. 15-20 dollars per uniform, between 5-10 dollars for a helmet, and 2-5 dollars for color swaps? Then factor in the massively overpriced bundle packs that cost as much as a full game?

Daybreak should have canned their interest in aping to APEX legends and fortnight and donated that money towards charity, instead of wasting it on a fad. That would have impressed me far more than a little donation scheme for a single box of overpriced goodies of which maybe 5% will actually get donated.