To all those who complained about revive removing death score...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HerpTheDerp, Jul 7, 2013.

1. HerpTheDerp

Rejoice, because the mechanic simply doesn't work.

When you log off and on again, all your deaths are counted, revive or not.
    • Up x 4
  2. Rendezvous

And yet there are still people shouting in proximity chat "MEDICCCCCC!!!!!!!!" and quite a lot of those people would wait 2-3 minutes just for a medic to come by.
  3. VSDerp

WELL THAT'S BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Kristan

Then how would you explain that if you get killed and revived your death doesn't shows on killboard?

UPD: Holy crap, they do! Previously deaths after revival didn't count on killboard and now they are here.
  5. Zenanii

bug
  6. Kristan

Not sure what is bug exactly right now: That deaths shown on killboard after revival or that is how it should work as intended.
  7. 1Jammie1

Wait, what's the point in making revives remove a death from your in-game screen and not from your killboard. Make it one or the other, they either do or they don't.
  8. TheBillOf3D

So the K/D ratio obsessed farmers will give some xp to medics.
  9. PieBringer

A better question: What's the point in having a total deaths statistic at all?
    • Up x 5
  10. daicon

Stop making it such a slow and painful process by adjusting it in weird ways.

Just remove the death count all together. The players will love you for it.
    • Up x 6
  11. RobotNinja

If there's no point in having a total death stat...then there's no point in NOT having a total death stat.
  12. Rift23

I don't care about KDR. Here I am, posting in the forum, telling everyone constantly that I do not care about KDR.
  13. siiix

because it creates a bad play style that is not good for the team.. usually at least
    • Up x 2
  14. LT_Latency

So what, people want to stay alive. I pretty sure most soldiers don't want to die
  15. RobotNinja

OMG! You're right! Because people who care so much about KDR will totally turn into teamplayers if you remove the death stat! It's not like they're gonna latch on to SPM or just kills (without the death stat) and totally stop farming/camping spawnrooms for XP and Certs! Definitely not! Oh wait...yeah they would still do that. Nevermind.
    • Up x 1
  16. Mustarde

Whoa, my mind is blown

Also, I wish they hadn't made that change, because now I have no idea if I'm actually doing well or if I just have good medics. During a longer play session, if I have a KDR of 8, I know that I probably didn't REALLY do that well, I just got rezzed at key times. It has made any attempt to gauge my personal performance rather difficult.

And no, I'm not some KDR padder or spineless player afraid to jump into the fight. My KDR has settled into a very consistent point after playing this game for a while, so I used to use it to gauge how each gaming session was. If I was above my average, great. If below, I would look at where to improve. Now I'm all over the place, and freakishly above my previous average - so it just becomes useless.

Oh well, what's done is done.
    • Up x 2
  17. daicon

Basically KDR gets 'set in its way' after you've spent some time in the game, regardless of how you've improved or how your playstyle has changed. It lacks in gauging where you currently stand. In an MMO that's a poor choice for anyone who wants to spend maybe 5 or more years playing regularly.

With the new changes to revives, it just hurts the stats of solo or new players. Many here will try to pretend that the solo players are useless and have no place in the game, but secretly they love them because they're easy to farm with little coordination or backup compared to people who roll in squads/outfits.
  18. SgtBreastroker

I find it hilarious how they can't even implement the simplest of mechanics without somehow messing it up.
    • Up x 5
  19. Nocturnal7x

Yup, spread the word, I stopped willy nilly taking medic revives. That 10.0 KDR for the session could be .1 in reality LOL

We knew this would happen, this is SOE.
  20. HadesR

Should remove the kill stat as well .. No need for it other than to fuel ego
    • Up x 2