To all those defending the scatmax, answer me this

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Cryptek, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Streetfighter

I just wonder: why aren't ALL NC just use the Hacksaw / MAX?

To sum it up: If that class isn't OP then which is? Don't even try to argue with that crappy "they're just good at close range". It's simply ridiculous at close range (close to instant kill) and that fact ALONE is already too much. A NC max with a small brain (it normally grows to this size around BR40 it seems) will just keep charging and shoot the *** out of you and the other 5 guys behind you.
  2. Gypsycream

The scat is never going to be balanced. The role of the AI MAX is to lead the push through buildings and onto cap points, they are completely wasted in any other role, and every single cap point is fought over in CQC. The NC max is always going to be better at that.

But it's not a real problem tbh, just give me the option to have an MCG on each arm and the sheer awesomeness of that would make up for any slight imbalances.
    Could give the VS a pair a lashers too, and make lashers actually do damage while they're at it.
  3. AUSGrizzly

GODS...
    NC HAS ONE OVERPOWERED THING IN THE GAME!!! LET US HAVE IT DAMN YOU ALL!!!
    • Up x 1
  4. Armored Gorilla

There's a different between "Burst" damage that the NC AI MAX has vs the "Sustained" damage of the TR/VS AI MAX. the NC MAX with any dual AI weapons is a 2 shot kill (besides Bursters).
    The NC AI weapons with the largest MAgazines are the Grinders. They hold around 9? Don't quote me on it. So if you were to use dual Grinders, you can get a Maximum of only 9 kills then you have a lengthy reload. If you have a single Grinder and then a burster for example you could only get 4 kills with 1 round left over.
    The Hacksaws which seem to be the most talked about, have 7 rounds, but the thing is that they fire fully-auto so many will die in a flash because the Hacksaw user hit them with 3 rounds in under a second (Which is the average number of shots ppl fire in full auto in a combat situation) so if you dual Hacksaw, you can get around 3-4 kills before a lengthy reload.

Now that was burst damage, quick hard shots to the same target. What the TR/VS have is Sustained damage, they can put lots of rounds downrange and still have enough for the next wave. I have not used the TR/VS MAX but I Have died a lot to both lol. The Cyclers have I think 40 rounds I think (Don't quote me) I takes around 8-10 to kill a Non-MAX unit. So around 5-7 kills can be achieved if you use dual AI guns on the TR.

Now back to MAV vs. MAX. MAV versus MAX duels are usually decided via burst damage because the sustained damage can be healed by engies. The TR/VS sustained damage is better for dealing with hordes while the NC burst damage is better for single target(ie. enemy MAX) killing. I hope this helped.

TL;DR: The NC MAX is better for Burst Single Target Damage. The TR/VS MAX is better for Sustained killing of hordes.
  5. Conq

I'm fine with their anti-infantry damage but there needs to be a damage reduction in play against other MAX units.

In a TR MAX vs NC MAX fight at range, the TR has the advantage but the NC can use cover or dash forward. Flip the table, put them both in close range and the TR dies instantly. No chance for tactics, no way to counter. A 200 recourse MAX fight should be more interesting than that. Every MAX should stand at least a "small chance" of winning against another MAX at any range.
  6. Vachek

Using one of the top rated players in the game as proof of point doesn't hold much weight partner. That would be like putting Adrian Peterson in Pro-Keds and saying see how good these shoes are?
    • Up x 1
  7. Cryptek

You asked for it to be super accurate, I provided videos proving that it is.

Accuracy cannot make up for lack of player skill :p
  8. y3ivan

i find it easier to kill infantries with twin flak than those stock weapons. 3-6hits for a kill much faster reload and could provide constant fire on infantries.

i never could really tell if NC scattershot is really effective in large CQC offensive cos i m getting the same results with TR/VS max thanks to the laggy briggs server
  9. Phaze

No.

This is silly. Game doesn't take place in a vacuum. Charging a MAX can also = bring yourself into range of 100 of his allies.

But, if you want to talk vacuum - the TR MAX has a charge, too... which can be used to keep distance - and if the NC MAX doesn't kill the TR before he reloads... something that won't happen if the TR MAX charges through him... then the NC MAX will be obliterated as it stands there reloading.
  10. Grimturtle

You're all idiots, it's annoying as **** but it doesn't need to be removed nor nerfed.
  11. Xoan

This. Allow me to put it into perspective:

Next time you're in game, open up a map, take a continent and count the # of bio lab hexes. Those are the areas we have an advantage in as a whole.

Now, count all the non bio lab hexes. Those are the ones we don't.

Care to trade advantages?
  12. Duckforceone

someone posted a great video on youtube about this..

the nc max is only really good at 0-10 meters... semi good at 10-20 meters and sucky from then on...

and the other faction maxes can do more damage to me when outside the 10 meter range, than i can to them...
    only thing that helps me, is charge... which usually get's me killed if the enemy is coordinated... you know, charging into close range with an enemy max, and suddenly 5 infantry can hit you in the back while you hope your charge ends and gives you time to even take out the max...

i can't understand why people keep complaining that NC are great at CQB, when they rule all the other ranges... are you so selfless that you want to have advantages over NC at any range?

especially when there's so little CQB in this game....
  13. Daswen

It is BS. Our MAX can own at mid range, when equiped with slugs. In trade of his godlike CQC capacity, to turn in only very good CQC. But only if you can aim.

At this range, A MAX VS MAX is in favor of OUR MAX. But only if the MAX is alone. If you put an Engineer behind each MAX, TR will win, because of ammo capacity.

I m not for a MAX nerf, but you I had to get this straight.
  14. Timeraider

The above.. if we have 2 MAX suits, both healed by engineers.. VS and TR have so much advantage over us. Stop whining about freaking 1v1.. what are you doing 1v1 anyway? seriously.. if your alone as a MAX you cant cap bases anyway, you can only try to kill some lone guys to up you k/d ration thinking your good.
  15. Daswen

Sorry what? Did you said I whined?

You should read my post again, then all my posts, because I never whine on this forum.
  16. Xasapis

You don't survive a dual hacksaw hitting your max at their intended range even if 10 engineers were healing you, the spike damage is equal to getting hit by a C4 brick.

I don't want to see the NC max changed though. This game gets too homogenized already. Already VS and TR have identical weapons, NC too follow soon if the complains continue. Soon enough everyone will be the same with everyone else and it'll just be a battle of colors.
  17. Daswen

They should nullify damage between MAXXES. If give the bulletproof ability is OP, then this is the solution.
  18. Xasapis

Max punching matches?
  19. Turelle

I'm actually quite glad the NC have a scat max, it makes it interesting to fight in a close range environment. If I see someone die to one, I'm alert and skirt doorways at a comfortable range before entering. And if I see one, I'm backing up fast while pumping it as full of bullets as I can.

The TR Max I know isn't so good in close range (though still semi-reasonable) and good in medium-ish range. Likewise if I see one, I get out of their asap and throw as many rounds at it as I can. Or if I can get in close to it's deadzone, and fill it with bullet holes (or C4 if i'm LA) I will. Ofc their melee may say no to that.

If you die in your Max to a scat max, then you were unfortunate or stupid. Wait the 90 seconds until your invisible revive window closes then respawn. It annoys me to all hell as a medic when I see a max get downed, we kill the agressor and by the time I go to revive him he's already respawned and can't roll another max.
  20. MGP

Damn the NC max, being totally useless outside 10m range... or is it?
    • Up x 2