To all Emerald NC. A friendly heads up.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Valenz, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Valenz

Since you've been locking continents exclusively through the contruction system. Aren't you coming off as incompetent in the battlefield?

I'm asking this because you're prowess with building and smashing HIVES is getting the rest of the faction zerged by at least two platoons on every hex that collides with another faction's SOI.

Note: This is isn't another "NC is getting bullied again thread" but rather a wake up call to become the organized faction they refuse to be.
  2. EvilWarLord

Things i've noticed
    When talking on command there's generally radio silence, Now Destroyer is generally giving orders when ever i`m online. I think it might be due to the fact that a Particular Leader that thinks he`s Wise, Demoralizes the whole faction through orders. But when said leader isn't online NC seems to do just fine.

Also Most of those Bases that NC does build are Well Defended ones at that and are set up within Close Proximity of each other. While if the other factions set up a Hive (Some Of which are planted and left undefended, cuase they think the Factions won't take it if its deep in their territory.
    • Up x 1
  3. misterthatguy

We are still winning a good number of the alerts. I would think more than 1/3rd... That is a result of all of the half off bonuses won from continent locks.

And last I checked, NC population was always full as a result of the fun the PLAYERS are having. Only a few pro-zerging platoon/outfit leaders are upset that they arent zerging 24/7 anymore (and because people arent join their squads/platoons anymore). They will need to learn to win bases without population sometimes...

How do you think we win the alerts as well? the hive squads pull off the self-defended hives and often take lightly defended bases and/or taking 12 man group of maxes/medics/engies and holding a single building vs 12-48 enemies...

We have also begun building on advanced lattices to maintain gains with defenses.

We do work.
  4. LaughingDead

My thoughts:
    Who gives a damn about turf?
    If the other factions want to fight then so be it, they can ghost cap all the way to a meat grinder of a base, then throw their heads against a literal wall until they give up. Let base builders do what base builders want, generating VP so that the rest of the NC only have to defend/ keep one other faction from taking the entire continent, and if they're destroying hives anyways then putting the enemy out of lock reach is beneficial to the NC.

Also I doubt 1-12 people makes a difference to 96+ zergs. Maybe if the if I could find consistent FUN fights then I wouldn't be base building for the meat grinder.
  5. guerrillaman

The zergs are getting out of hand, especially during the day. I can't login anytime from 7am to 3pm without being 2x zerged everywhere. So.. whats the point in fighting to keep territory?
  6. Valenz

This gives me mixed feelings actually. Sure the base may be well defended, but at what cost? Usually it's a 48~96 holding off a random HIVE busting squad.

Do I sense arrogance and prepotence in this post?

Not only do most of you only host private, TS platoons, you also get farmed at pretty much every hex you fight for literal hours to come. Yes, when I play NC, I check available squads/platoons to join and it's either there's nothing available or a squad of roughly 7 people total which simply cannot go against enemy 48~96, if you're saying I have to learn to fight like this "with no population" then sir my reply to you is: "Light travels faster then sound, which is why some people may appear bright until they speak"

The issue here is the point at which they will find said wall, what if it's the warpgate itself? They can simply set up farms there and enjoy the free certs and it will be simply because they were allowed to. Loss of turf damages everyone alike I'm afraid.
  7. LaughingDead

The cores automatically shift to a more efficient hive, hives in the back are easily busted because almost no one will bother building so close to the home warpgate for a hive that never goes up. Also the random hive busting squad comment, if the majority of the faction had the time to redeploy and get to the hive before it was ganked by said squad then it's a hive worth defending.
  8. Taemien

If they're locking continents, they are winning the game. It doesn't matter what they come off as. They're beating their opponents.

I'll take superior logistics over individual fighting capability any day of the week.
  9. misterthatguy

OUCH. Got a little aggressive there eh?

-Yeah, I am arrogant when im winning continents 90% of the time with the strategies im using. I think its well deserved, certainly not illegal, and im not particularly concerned who it puts off. Sorry mate.

-I do not host any private TeamSpeak squads, and neither do any of the major Hive squads on Emerald. We like engaging the public players to encourage them to join us in the future. Construction isnt for most of the PlanetSide crowd, so we go through a lot of public players to find players really interested... And we encourage other players to find other platoons or direct them to strategic front line fights.

-Never do we have 48+ people at our hives unless we have one under 48+ attack and our reinforcement modules call in Pubbies... At that point, a hive generating VP is worth every bit as much as a BioLab or AmpStation outside of an Alert (maybe not a Tech Plant, tanks rock), so the 48+ defense is well justified, and is occupying the enemy equally as much.

-When we do have multiple squads in a platoon, we build multiple hives while sending those that have built to front line fights... Yesterday for example, we captured and held the TechPlant on Esamir with little to no help, while having a couple players maintain 4 (sometimes 5) hives and calling back defense if needed. Our focus was the ground for an Alert, which we won 40%+, and then followed up with a 7 hive 3VP bonus to finish the continent.

-Yes, people in the game in general need to learn to fight without population. 12-24 man platoons need to learn to hold points against 24-48 man redeploys... We cant depend on multiple 48 man platoons in order to do anything. My teams are leaving our hives all the time (with 1-2 players left behind to call back reinforcements) to capture bases with few players. We focus on loadout composition and staying close, and even random pubbies get the job done... At the same time Im also constantly kicking people out who dont participate, so it takes aware leadership all the way around.

-As I said before... We are not just winning continents, but we are also winning territory alerts. People enjoy winning, as well as playing with half-off bonuses. That is why NC population has been so high lately.
  10. FateJH

I don't know. They seem rather well-organized base builders who are also winning continents due to it.