TMG-50

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Ianneman, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Ianneman

This weapon is marketed as a long-range weapon, but holy hell it is a CQC BEAST. It's the only TR LMG that can reliably go head-to-head with the Gauss SAW or even the Jackhammer, in my experience.
  2. Gutseen

brah u mad
    • Up x 2
  3. Eternaloptimist

Glad you are having a good time with it but I find that rate of fire trumps high damage per bullet in CQC. Could just be that the feel of the weapon is better for you. I've found certain weapons that are statistically no different, or even inferior, to others give better results for me (for no obvious reason). I've used TMG50 efectively for medium to long range, where you can keep an enemy in a high res sight (3.4x or 4x) for longer. I find that it centres your aim again quite quickly after a short burst, which is good in combination with higher damage per bullet. Having said that, I now get better results all-round with the T32 Bull plus comp and foregrip (lower damage but higher rate of fire and above all, better muzzle velocity).
    • Up x 1
  4. johnway

Back before the nerfs, i had a falling out with foregrips and purchased RDS for LMGS. I have to say i was surprised at how useful and effective using a RDS with the TMG. I think i was after the first shot accuracy close quarters. Since it was a long range weapon i thought it could benefit for some hip firing.

I might go back to it and use a foregrip and compensator once i aurax all the other weapons. need to aurax the NS15, carv-s and the MCG first.
  5. jmdafk

I must be disabled or somethnig coz i found the much rated TMG the biggest pile of getting your self wasted garbage the TR have.
    It bounces around like tigger on E's so is impossble to kill anything thats shooting back at you.
    And its rate of fire mean in CQC your dead before the 2nd bullet leaves the chamber if your against anyone with a half decent gun/aim.

Its only use is farming where it higher damage lets you pinch the odd kill and your not getting shot back at.
    I agree its our SAW, just with less damage, accuracy and killing ability.

Funny thing is i absolutely loved using it. It feels and sounds like a real gun. Plus it makes you really think about your fights and killing something feels like real achievement, even if they are running away! But compared to say the sabr 13 (ar) or ns15 (an average lmg for other factions) its seriously poop.

Rhino is far, far superior. Less damage but it can hit what you point it at. Rhino actually has the ranged ability the TMG claims to have.
  6. Eternaloptimist

.................and the T32 is the Rhino's big brother! I too loved the Rhino. I found it by accident as I got it as a reward for filling out one of those ingame questionnaires back in the day. To be fair, I think the Rhino TTK is worse than the TMG50 but it lands more shots with advnaced foregrip and comp. I got the EM1 for one of my NC characters as a reward weapon as well and frankly, I liked it too although it is surpassed in some roles by the other NC weapons. I am going to give EM1 another go if they make those LMG rebalances, as I hear it should be improved.

The message here is that some of my favourite weapons are the ones I would not have tried if I just listened to the received wisdom or merely looked at the stats. I didn't get any lucky dips with VS weapons and ended up buying most of them with certs (and being disappointed with their general lack of consistency over all ranges) before I finally tried the Polaris, which I I lke a lot from early experiences.

It's nice to hear some other perspectives on weapons that don't get a lot of mentions in the forums - and not jsut OP, plz nerf etc.
  7. bubbacon

TR HAs are just in a confusing state and have been for...well...since the game was developed. Like we are talking about here with the TMG 50. This LMG really doesn't know what the **** its supposed to be. Billed as "long range", but why use this instead of the Battle Rifle for range work?

It is pretty good CQC(better than its Long Range billing for sure), but don't think you just discovered the TRs version of the Anchor. It has a straight vertical kick with next to zero horizontal which is good, but is it really going to outperform the CARV? MSW-R? Probably not in short range work.

Then you have our MED range garbage of the RHINO, BULL, CARV S(hit). All smoked by the NS 15 and every single TR Combat Medic AR.

TR was granted great ARs and the price we pay for that is sub par LMGs and mediocre Carbines. I accept this as TR and play Medic or Engi 99% of the time as TR and enjoy it.
  8. Kociboss

TMG - 50 a CQC beast?

This forum sometimes...

@OP

I 100% guarantee you I can poop on TMG-50 user in CQC with my Jackhammer and I'm not even that good. Any half-decent or average player would.
  9. Dualice

Ah I dunno man, our carbines ain't so bad! Shaguar's gotta be one of the nicest .75 ADS ones.

I haven't used the TMG-50 much, as I don't play heavy much, but I found it super-easy to land headshots with. Like most other slower-firing weapons it's not something you'd willingly take in close-quarters though. Seems to work for some though huh :p
  10. Reclaimer77

Yes but any half-decent Jackhammer user should win against ANY LMG from any faction anyway in CQC. Because...JACKHAMMER lol.
  11. Kociboss

Well that's the point.
  12. Reclaimer77

Well yeah but MY point is that doesn't mean the TMG-50 is bad at CQC. It just means the Jackhammer is going to win that fight every time anyway, so the comparison is kinda flawed from the start.
  13. Kociboss

Well that's exactly my point and these are the weapons OP has compared.
  14. Ianneman

Well that was the point I was trying to make. In my experience, I survive more CQC encounters vs the Jackhammer with the TMG-50 than the other LMGs. Maybe that's just my personal quirk.
  15. jmdafk

yeh thats a quirk for sure! one burst from a jackhammer and your dead, even if you fire first the tmg has such a low RPM your opponent will have time to turn, laugh, finish eating his mars bar, laugh some more before your second round goes whistling above his head!
  16. Khallixtus

I just dislike the TMG in general, I find the low rate of fire, high bloom and highish recoil (although no horiz makes up for it) a bit too overpowering. I just use Rhino for long range, MSW-R if its strictly close, Carv for practically everything else, although I take the Bull when it's long range but there is a chance for CQC/mid-range. Mostly I just equip T9 Carv and proceed to blast NC to pieces with more bullets than they can count.