TMG-50 no longer uses the Jackal reload animation.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HAXTIME, Nov 22, 2017.

1. HAXTIME

From the 11/22 hotfix notes:
    I so damn knew it was the Jackal the first time I saw the bugged animation. :D

So I guess this means the new SMGs are already in the game itself, and are coming to the live servers really soon.
  2. CMDante

Seems like, super not looking forward to that ****storm.
  3. HAXTIME

I've been testing them for some time now, in function they are basically very similar to the automatic scout rifles we already have, with better hipfire and way less DPS. Honestly, I wouldn't be too concerned about them...

I mean, I'm not even sure I would swap my current automatic scout rifle loadout for the new SMGs if they didn't have these amazing looks. I most likely wouldn't (or perhaps only for a quick aurax rundown).
  4. Longasc

I'm hijacking the thread a bit, the weapons seem very similar for all three factions, any particular type (LMG, Carbine, ...) that you liked a lot while testing? Not just mere effectiviness, did you like the looks in ADS mode etc. of one gun in particular?
    I'm just curious! :)
  5. HAXTIME

For TR?
    Not much, unfortunately, most weapons are atrocious in aesthetics, the Sniper Rifles are especially horrible.
    There is a small list tho:
    • TMG-50 is great, awesome feel and look, probably one of the best-looking weapons in the game for me
    • Blackjack has great handling and feel, but doesn't look particularly great
    • Minigun is nice, of course, but needs a modeling pass to not look like a plastic toy gun (SFX and overall feel are OK)
    • MSW-R has really great SFX and feel of power, but looks atrocious in first person
    • TORQ is the same as MSW-R, awesome SFX and feel (although it doesn't look that atrocious, but not that great either)
    There are also a few odd standouts here and there, such as the TRAP-M1. I've been using that gun a lot (I have it auraxiumed), and I still can't decide whether it's awesome or horrendous in looks. Its SFX are bad, but handling and feel are nice for me.

I feel many NS weapons are better designed in almost every way, especially the NSX series. Considering there have been years between the original TR weapons and the newest NS/NSX weapons, this is not surprising of course.

As for VS and NC weapons...

NC weapons are mostly OK in my book, there are some atrocities here and there, but better designed than TR overall.

There are many horrendous choices in the VS arsenal, tho. Those claws on the first-generation VS SMGs are one particular example where there was no designer nearby: it's just ugly beyond measure and comprehension. I would send the "designer" to jail just for those claws alone. However, the weak look of VS weapons are mostly countered by the nice aesthetics of the projected, frameless holographic sights.
    • Up x 1
  6. HAXTIME

Also the T5-AMC and the Emperor pistol are kinda OK.
  7. Longasc

Thank you!
    • Up x 1