Time to Lose Spawn Timers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeadlyPeanutt, Dec 1, 2015.

1. DeadlyPeanutt

Not enough players on servers and we still have spawn timers?
    That's a bit silly.
    Player base drops by 80% in a year and still you have to wait to spawn? come on

Dropping spawn timers completely would make game play more enjoyable, along with opening up lattices on the front so players can spawn where they want to.

Plummeting player base means some changes need to be made.
    Time to make them.
  2. mfdoom7

if u loose spawn timers then players dont care if they die and dont think about flanking options and then get bored and quit.
    • Up x 1
  3. HappyStuffin

If you think PS2 spawn timers are long, you should have seen them in PS1. I seem to remember they could get as long as 45secs if you repeatedly died.

I used to be able to run to my fridge to make a super quick snack before the spawn timers were up.
  4. mfdoom7

that ps1 spawn system seems better than current one coz ppl dont flank much. most ppl think they are terminators and rush in and then realise that they died so fast and start telling u that u hack or something. like if u run and i just walk and we meet then "runner" will die coz he cant crab gun fast and shoot and worse case is that u are pointing ground with crossair when running then you are "free kill"
  5. Liewec123

i don't think it'd solve server populations, but it might solve spawn camping :)
    perhaps remove spawn timers when spawning at a base, keep spawn timers for sunderers/galaxies/valkyries.
  6. Savadrin

You're ******* kidding right? 5-10 seconds isn't a spawn timer dude. It's enough time to pull your head out of your *** after dying stupidly, before you go again and die stupidly. SMITE, for instance, penalizes you up to nearly a minute respawn delay as matches progress. THAT is a reason not to die, because you can cost your whole team a match by being stupid.

Sub 10 second spawn timers are no detriment to anything other than allowing the other team to farm harder. Bye.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pat22

If you don't want spawn timers, stick near your medics.
  8. Azawarau

Well it can be punishing to die but not as much as other games

You may lose an important spawn point during that 10 seconds

Either way i think this is a bad idea
  9. orangejedi829

Well just imagine how frustrating it would be to attack an enemy sunderer if, every time you killed the people there, they instantly reappeared with full health to shoot you.
    • Up x 1
  10. DeadlyPeanutt

wrong.
    Most FPS have instant respawn options. those servers are always the most popular.

you like the fact that PS2 is dying? don't think out of the box
  11. DeadlyPeanutt

lol, i don't suppose it matters... game is dying anyway and no one seems interested in making it better
  12. FateJH

If you can construct a position why "this will make gameplay better," then give it a shot. So far the raw presentation of the idea didn't go over well; but, a logical argument could probably turn that around.
  13. JustBoo

I have a great idea. Why don't you go play these wonderful games with all these terrific features you love to so vaguely reminisce about.

You'd have way more fun over there, right? Right. See ya'. Oh wait... buh-bye.
  14. Taemien

Double spawn timers at contested bases, remove them from uncontested within a certain range and remove them from warpgate.

Now you can spawn quick, and have an incentive to flank. Best of both worlds.