[Suggestion] Time to give the heat mechanic to the other faction HAs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trebb, May 27, 2020.

1. Trebb

Time to even the playing field. I'm told the beeeeeetelgeuse is not OP, perfectly balanced, even worse than the Orion!! So then why the hesitation to let the other factions have something similar?

So we really need to even the playing field. It's ok for other factions to get fun stuff. But never having to reload is a HUGE advantage when guarding points, and that's 99% of the game.

There's only two responses to this:

1) The gun is not overpowered. Please give a similar reward to the other 2 factions to stop the biatching
    2) It IS overpowered, and the last thing the game needs is moar cancer, do NOT give it to the other factions.
  2. TRspy007

The goose isn't OP. It's built off a great gun, and it has a really cool/interesting mechanic, that is quite useful. I particularly use it in bios, where I scale to the roof and pew pew pew without having to worry about ammo. It's not worse than the orion I would say, that really depends if you overheat the weapon.

I tend to believe the VS get all the cool addition, and the rest of the factions are a little forgotten. I don't mind VS getting cool stuff, that's actually useful sometimes, but the other factions should get fair treatment too. I don't like the idea of just giving ever faction the same gimmicks - I'm not playing COD - but I would like the other factions to get interesting mechanics too. 50 round and 19 RPM is not a cool or very useful mechanic (give us the 500 round mag). The ability to pew pew vehicles I guess is somewhat interesting and useful, but they could've really given it a "godlike" profile (I mean give the thing 250 damage or something)!

So no, the goose isn't OP, and no, there's no reason for other factions to get it. However, most of the directive weapons need a rework anyways, it would be nice if each faction got something equally interesting that builds on their faction trait.
    • Up x 3
  3. KhlorosTesero

Unlike the other 2 factions the goose is a weapon that actually built off a great gun, as mentioned above, and is a direct upgrade from the orion.

However the other faction options dont really do that. The godsaw was given a mechanic thats not really useful, while the t9 butcher is just a crappier carv9. Its not that its over powered, its just what that type of weapon should be, an upgrade to an already great gun.

The other factions dont need access to the heat mechanic, we just need our arux weapons to not be crappy down grades. I cant speak for NC, but for TR, we need something thats either a heavier hitting carv 9 like a 150 damage weapon but all the same stats, or give us a TMG 50 that does 167 at 600 RPM but keeps the same recoil pattern. Or give us a TMG 50 that has 200 damage at the current RPM. We need something that is an upgrade.
  4. UberNoob1337101

Betelgeuse is technically worse than the Orion, since the Orion has more ammo in the magazine and can have either a laser sight or a forward grip and the Battlegoose doesn't. In practice, they're mostly identical as differences in recoil and magazine capacity can be compensated with skill.

The heat mechanic is cool and quite useful in a prolonged fight, I'd rather have TR and NC get a cool, but different ability as well. Anti-vehicle fire mode is ***, I'd use my rocket launcher instead, extra bullets in the Butcher are neat, but either everyone in the area or I are dead for me to make use of extra 50 bullets, and I don't notice the 19RPM difference. I like the GODSAW as it is, a more run-and-gun version of the SAW, but TR needs some love.
    I agree, they dropped the ball with the other factions. That said, it's also not possible to go overboard with traits on directive weapons. Ramping up the existing traits would do the job, increase the damage on AV mode, increase the RPM by 11 and port the magazine size from PTS.
    • Up x 3
  5. TRspy007

https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Betelgeuse_54-A

A quick correction, the goose does have the equivalent of 50 shots (although I believe in the older version it had around 48 shots). Main downside is the lack of attachments as you mention and the steeper penalty for dumping the whole mag.

It does seem that of all the factions, TR got the worst directives.

Yeah I think those modifications would be pretty realistic and easy to do. I really wouldn't mind if they buffed the damage a bit on the godsaw, not enough to actually make a difference in combat (someone suggested 210), but enough to say "that's the most damaging lmg in the game" or something. And aside from LMGs, the rest of the directive weapons should also benefit from some cool revamps.
    • Up x 2
  6. KhlorosTesero

I absolutly agree with this, its a real shame that as a TR HA, its just a universal acceptance that you are either using the MSW, or the carv 9 anything else is a liability to be using. Even our directive weapon, it falls even below the carv, which outta all the directive HA weapons is really sad. Even the god saw is an upgrade to the gauss saw, since as mentioned its a better run and gun gauss saw.

The butcher has no real saving grace to it, 50 more rounds and 19 more RPM a directive weapon it does not make.
    • Up x 2
  7. Johannes Kaiser

Just leaving that here: If I see VS BR 56 people run around with the BattleGoose, it can't be that bad. because let's face it, to get the aurax weapon at BR 56 (lowest I've seen so far) one must beeline pretty darn hard. And noone would do that if they didn't know (by having an alt or being told) that the reward is well worth it.
    I do not see this on any of the other factions.
    • Up x 1
  8. MichaelMoen

The NC are the innovative thinkers, I can see their version of a Heat mechanic being an Ammunition Printer built into the weapon, continuously resupplying rounds from nanites.

The TR are just known for overwhelming dakka. Why need an unlimited ammo mechanic when their weapons already carry hundreds upon hundreds of bullets that are rarely used in a single life.
    • Up x 2
  9. That_One_Kane_Guy

No one is saying the 'Goose is bad, it's just for the purposes of a 1v1 against a similarly skilled opponent the Orion is better. The VS Directive Weapons benefit from a mechanic that is useful, easy to understand and (mostly) consistent. The TR and the NC's by comparison are unremarkable and with no equivalent "theme" tying them together. The GODSAW for example is the only NC weapon with an AV fire mode.

Giving all the factions the heat mechanic just because the VS have it is lazy. Why bother playing and grinding up for another faction if you're just going to end up with the same toys in a different paint job? You would be better served giving the TR and NC their own "theme" for their Directive weapons, something equally as useful, tangible and desirable without being a direct upgrade.
    • Up x 1
  10. Blam320

I'll echo the fact that Empire Specific weapon mechanics need a rework. VS get some real cool stuff like Heat-based weapons, while TR are a little on the bland side and NC just straight up get bonus damage, which IMO is horrible game design when you layer 2x damage headshots on top of that.
    • Up x 1
  11. KhlorosTesero

100% agree here. My kingdom for a slow fireing high damage weapon on TR.
  12. KhlorosTesero

I think the issue is that, the theme for the VS feels far more fitting then anything that the NC or TR have for their directive weapon for the LMG. the goose fits really well for VS, the TR whos shtick is high RPM feels really bad when its only 19 more RPM, and 50 more round you never get to use. And the NC has been about power, which yeah i guess it has that, but the AV capability of the weapon still feels super awkward to even have.
    • Up x 1
  13. Johannes Kaiser

I have seen posts claiming the BG would be "not that good" before, can't link them though, it was while back, so I wouldn't find them again if I tried, probably.
    I've looked at the stats, and I agree with you. It's not a straight upgrade, it just has turned in the attachment options in for a very useful and accomodating mechanic. Doesn't make it BETTER, but I'd say it makes it more COMFORTABLE. Just think about how helpful it would be if your weapon automatically reloads while you throw a grenade instead of having a lengthy reload animation that locks your weapon completely after the throwing animation is over? Must feel like finally having a good mattress all of a sudden instead of an old thing that feels like sleeping on bricks (been there, I'd know). I must say, I envy this level of comfort, and I wish the other factions had something like it. Not the same, but something of equivalent value.
    • Up x 1
  14. KhlorosTesero

This totally nails it, Like, for example, if you wanted IMO a great TR directive weapon, give us a carv9 or like a watchman (With slightly better recoil patter) thats belt fed and we dont need to reload all of our ammo pool is in one magazine.
    • Up x 1
  15. DarkStarAnubis

The Watchman is actually quite good, I have melted MAXes with it. The only drawback is the 5.25/7 (seven seconds !!!) of short/long reload time.

Maybe the Butcher should be replaced by a Watchman with a slighly smaller magazine but a snappier reload. That would be quite a prize and worth the grind.
  16. KhlorosTesero

Nah the watchman has a lot of problem with it, the biggest being its recoil pattern. When you stack it up against the Carv9 and MSW its falls short every time. It does to little damage for the short range, and its spread is to much for the mid and long range. It melts if you can hit the head, which again is really difficult with the pattern it has. If they fixed the recoil or gave it like 5~10 more damage base, it would be a great weapon but it just gets out performed by the other guns.

Which is a damn shame because its probably the best looking LMG on TR.