TIL, "Damage" velocity=/=Bullet Velocity

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by keqe, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Desann

Esplain how my energy based sniper rifle has bullet drop? and for non VS, yes...it DOES have bullet drop. No, not the phaseshift.
  2. Iridar51

I meant *in PS2*, mister IRL. And I meant, very specifically, 3rd person tracers, that you see from other players, not your own.

They also have a use, both IRL and in PS2, of marking a target with tracers. I.e., "Look, there are enemies in that direction!".
  3. Desann

I love how sniper rifles even have tracers.... "HEY YOU GUYS!!! IMA OVA HERE!!!!"
  4. Iridar51

Needed for balancing purposes. In an open world game with huge territories and open bases, a sniper in a good position would be next to impossible to find otherwise.
    • Up x 1
  5. qquqq

I fail to understand any reliance to my quote. Were you trying to correct me? Low RoF weapons are used at long ranges,.
  6. Cz4rMike

I very much doubt it is like this. My longer range sniping and close range aggressive sniping NEVER showed the bug of different velocities. Also none of good snipers I know said anything about that their hits don't register correctly when leading. Don't you think Pros would have noticed it by now without any data like this?

I don't really know why you quote me or Iridar in your post and what relevance it has to what we wrote.
  7. Krayus_Korianis

Well, the bolt action ones do, for game balance. However the semi-auto rifles on the VS side do not have bullet drop because their damage is low. Like, way low. Lower than the bolt action rifles.