Thumper thoughts?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by RblDiver, Jun 29, 2019.

1. RblDiver

So, now that the thumper is out...any thoughts on it? Personally I find it absolutely terrible. The EMP version can be OK to destroy enemy beacons on top of towers, but aside from that, it's horrible imo.

The fire attack appears to be a DOT, which doesn't stack. That is, if it does 350 damage over 3.5 seconds, and you hit them twice within that timeframe, you don't get the full 700 damage, but instead it just refreshes back to that 350 level. Also, any sort of explosive mitigation appears to, well, mitigate about 90% of its damage.

In general terms, the aiming is terrible. I can't get any sort of feel for where it should go. If I'm trying to be careful with my aim, and am next to any sort of barricade, it quite often decides to shoot from my crotch rather than my head, hitting said barricade and lighting me up.

It feels like it would be most useful for long-range bombardment, except that there is a time limit on the shots (they explode after a few seconds, meaning quite often in the air). This would be useful if you could toggle it on (to bounce shots around corners), but it's either timed explode, or explode on contact, making it just bad.

Gotta say I'm disappointed in it. Its best use is just to hit your own team it seems :/
    • Up x 1