Thumper still junk

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Oct 19, 2019.

1. OneShadowWarrior

I still think the thumper needs work, I think the arc of the grenades is really bad and your more prone to hitting friendlies and griefing out, then it hitting enemies.

Your better off carrying extra grenades even before the update with a grenade bandolier. More so now than even before with regular grenades, can I just load my regular grenades or my anti-vehicular grenades with my launcher????? Really!
  2. Liewec123

I think its good that it is a bit underpowered,
    They do still need to fix the incendiary ammo though, it still doesn't stack,
    When they get that working again I think it will be quite strong in chokepoints
    • Up x 1
  3. OneShadowWarrior

You just said it, needs work!
  4. TRspy007

I mean, yes, it has it's flaws and it's more useful as a secondary with ASP. However, it's not complete garbage.

Use the default ammo and launch accelerator, and it's a 2 shot kill. You just have to play smart. Understand that the thing has a limited mag, so don't go on charging a group of 50 ppl with it. On a 1v1, I've been able to kill even some skilled players in 2 shots. I use cat like and try to throw off their aim by jumping around and being unpredictable.

Sure, it won't kill as fast as a butcher with headshots, but its a pretty solid secondary.
  5. MonnyMoony

Thumper plus disruptor ammo is great for getting rid of those hard to reach spawn beacons on top of tower masts, in trees on Hossin etc.

Saves having to pull LA and try and run the gauntlet up the side of the tower.
  6. Exileant

:D Understand, with some of them, it leaves a cut on their soul to just hit the like button. :p Hahahaha!
  7. ycluk

There used to a grenade launcher back in PS1 that can set fire mode to explode on impact or fused.

Thumper should have different fire mode like that. That would make it more useful to lob fused grenades into heavily defended CP inside a building.