Three problems with the Jackhammer

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by D-Spirith, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Boozsha

Thanks!
  2. Valaska

This is a good mention, also being able to switch from slugs to buck with B was a good one as well!
  3. Goretzu

That would be an awesome change (maybe too awesome), although to really be worthwhile it would need to be able to equip a scope.
  4. Intruder313

If they just gave it's pellets the correct damage (134 each) it would be good, better than the other Shotguns perhaps because it would combine the accuracy of a Mauler with a rapid-fire mode akin to the Piston.

I was hoping they would notice the damage-deficit when they recently did the Shotgun nerf but no: the Jackhammer remains a low-damage Mauler.

Hence nobody uses it.
  5. warmachine1

Same dmg as regular shotgun & either more rounds in mag or more pellets per shot
  6. Zaik

the damage difference is intentional, the mattock has the same. both have a minimum damage per pellet of 90 rather than 60(50 for automatic shotguns and hacksaws). fortunately they reduced the mattock's pellet spread to 2.5 like the jackhammer, it used to be an inferior scattercannon because it had the same spread.

on topic: as it exists now, it can two shot in close while being comparable to SMGs up to 20ish meters and being functional up to 30m. it fires much faster than the current semi auto shotguns and only 10 rpm slower than automatic shotguns. it'd be great as it is if the first pump shotgun didn't do more than double it's damage and only have 0.5 more pellet spread. All non-pump shotguns are completely inferior to pump shotguns at every range now though.

if pumps are in what SOE would consider a "balanced" state, then the jackhammer needs further accuracy buffs and a larger magazine. realistically though the pumps need severe pellet spread nerfs because they trivialize all other weapons inside buildings.
  7. Loui5D

8. Damballah

I loved the JH from th original PS. I don't expect the current one to be as OP as the original, however it still falls short compared to existing shotguns. On the plus side, I think it is very close to where it needs to be. Bump the damage per pellet just a shade, with two more rounds in the pipe and I think its good to go.

Would love to have the original alt fire, but thats probably not going to happen. Someone suggested earlier to be able to switch to slugs, which I thought was a great idea.
  9. Zerran

The damage on it is rather sad, but really HA don't need super low TTKs, what they DO need though is massive mags, and massive amounts of spare ammo. The JH has a pathetically small mag, and crap for spare mags. Just bumping those up a few notches would go a long way to fixing the JH.
  10. GraphicJ

TR's BlackJack shotty is almost useless.
  11. Hobnail

Blackjack=Bruiser=Deimos=/=MCG

Bearing in mind this is a discussion about the jackhammer, what's your point?
  12. Torok

guys call me a liar, call me a ****** but i must say that lately i've been doing EXTREMELY well with the Jackhammer, it works so good at distances impossible to the other shotguns, as long as you manage to not empty the magazine the reload is really fast and overall it kicks *****,
    i'm quite surprised by it, maybe i just practiced it enough to know it's strenghts and weaknesses, but i gotta say it's certainly Viable as of now.

there are still moments when i fail with it but hey, it works so good against multiple targets where my LMGs won't perform aswell as the jackhammer. (mind i do not own any other semi auto shotguns, only the Claw which i have 2k kills with)
    having a revolver as a side arms helps aswell ahaha

maybe only thing they could tweak is raising the magazine size to 12 rounds with the extended mag
    oh and maybe tweak the alternate mode of fire, as of now semiauto is the only one that does its job well.

Peace and good luck with it, i found the way to handle it
  13. Maljas23

^^^ This.

JH is pretty good at what it does. The most accurate shotgun with the highest effective range of all the shotguns.
  14. Goretzu

These are the buffs I think it probably does need, more rounds per clip, and an alternative mode that is actually effective in some way.
    • Up x 1
  15. Goretzu

I'm not so sure about that, PA shotguns are much more powerful, relatively, than the JH ever was in PS1, it was just that the JH was factional in PS1 (PS1 fight design helped a bit too).

But I think that maybe is the fear they have with buffing the JH.
  16. Grognard

I haven't logged on to the forums in over a month, but I can not understand why Halvoranas idea was simply lost in the forum noise (well, at least I want to make sure it doesn't, some folks did mention it)... and I am here just to back this idea up. I agree that the JH needs to be balanced with the other shot guns both in slug and non-slug mode. Also, I agree with the OP that the "feel" of the JH is no where cool enough. However, if it WAS balanced to be equal to the other shot guns, AND had this idea of flipping to slug mode without a trip to a terminal, then we have a definite winner.

17. Metrack12

I know Im kinda late...(well years late lol),and I didnt play PS1,but wanna hear somenthing funny about thte actual jackhammer¿...The damage per bullet its lower than the Mauler (yes,a default,easier,better shotgun.just.Why¿)
    • Up x 1